Суббота, 04.05.2024, 02:17
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
2025 - Страница 4 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 4 из 4
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » TEXT BANK » 2025 (graduation year)
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 03.09.2022, 19:32 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
  • CAPITALS / bold type: active vocabulary words and collocations students have used;
  • underline and/or grey type: elements that have been corrected by the tutor;
  • underline and/or Delete: superfluous and/or erroneous elements that have been corrected by the tutor;
  • italics: where appropriate, elements which explain the corrected mistakes;
  • red type: elements not graded for various reasons (e.g. dubious or erroneous statements, vague in meaning);
  • number in brown: grades the student has received for this particular post which does not require correction.

См. также: Правила и типичные ошибки

sodrozdovaДата: Вторник, 28.11.2023, 11:19 | Сообщение # 46
Лейтенант
1) My parents taught me to give TITHES to church from my salary.
2) It is INEVITABLE to fail the test if you don’t learn the words.
3) I hate the advertisement that IMPOSES on us their goods.
4) I try to be TOLERANT to people from other confessions, but I never let them speak badly  about Orthodoxy.
5) I was afraid to send the DRAFT COPY of my course paper to my academic supervisor.
6) I try DILIGENTLY look for mistakes in my sentences. 7) But I always have EMENDАTIONS from my teacher.
8) Our university is very IDIOSYNCRATIC because we learn religious vocabulary during our classes.
9) We are UNANIMOUS with my groupmates when it is about our homework.
10) I tried to learn very beautiful TRISAGION with my siblings.
11) We have recorded SALUTATION with my choir that our friend composed for us.
12) I don’t like to hear about DELIBERATION between politicians.
13) The priest GRACIOUSLY helped me with my documents for the university.
14) I pray to God every day to ask for His GRACE.
15) I had a student who I had to teach the PRIMER as she didn’t know anything.
16) THE BOOK OF THE HOURS is a very important book for a person who helps during the services.
17) I tried to ENLIGHTEN sectarians who I met in the street.
18) In different parishes there is a PRACTICE to put in front of the altar real birches when it’s PENTECOST.
19) I like to be with FELLOW-BELIЕVERS because I can discuss different questions with them.
20) It is SPIRITUALLY PROFITABLE to read DESERT FATHERS.
21) Sometimes I don’t do my homework and go to bed because of my HUMAN FRAILTY.
22) Every Orthodox person has in their own home a PRAYER RULE that they have to read every day.
23) I don’t like it when people tell me that I EXCEL others.
24) We have different scales of the GREAT LITANY to sing during the services.
25) We have to pray to God for THE GOOD ESTATE OF THE HOLY CHURCHES.
26) At every Liturgy the priest in my church reads the prayer for THE SUFFERING RUSSIAN LAND.
27) Some saints suffered from the BITTER TORMENT during the last century.
28) At the time of the USSR there was ATHEIST RULE in Russia.
29) Everyone has to keep their PIETY.
30) I love that my sister and I have ONENESS OF MIND.
31) During the sermon our priest told us that we had to keep our BROTHERLY LOVE to people.
32) Right now I am listening to the audiobook about a nun and her suffering in the HOLY HOUSE.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:05

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 29.11.2023, 22:47 | Сообщение # 47
Лейтенант
1. One man was not a JEW, but wanted to join JUDAISM. 2. So one day he became THE PROSELYTE: he was CIRCUMCISED and read THE OLD COVENANT. 3. He lived a good life, PERFORMED DEEDS OF MERCY and SAID PSALMS. 4. But all of a sudden he had started to feel his INFIRMITY, after that he decided to become a Christian. 5. He DEIGNED to except Christ, the ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON of our God. 6. It was not an easy decision for him, but finally he COMMITTED HIMSELF UNTO CHRIST OUR LORD. 7. He knew that now he became the MINISTER of God, who's MERCIFUL, COMPASSIONATE, LONGSUFFERING and GRACIOUS. 8. That man a lot of good things and became closer and closer to his happy place in the ETERNITY. 9 He was a CHANTER and always sang THE GREAT LITANY with REVERENCE and PIETY. 10. He had no doubt that HOLY HOUSE with its PARISH is stronger than any kind of TRIBULATION or WRATH.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. My friend Eve is a FELLOW-BELIEVER. 2. So she did host of PRACTICES and OBSERVANCES, those were very SPIRITUALLY PROFITABLE for her. 3. But one day, feeling her HUMAN FRAILTY, she became an Orthodox Christian and her DELIBERATIONS stopped. 4. FULFILLMENT OF RULES happened in her Christian life, THE BOOK OF HOURS  laid on her desk. 5. She read a lot about DESERT FATHERS and GOD-BEARING FATHERS, discussed THE INFALLIBILITY OF the POPE with her Catholic friends. 6. As her main feature I would highlight the FIDELITY to God in her heart. 7. I don't know why, but she only SAID PSALMS from the PSALTER ACCORDING TO SEVENTY. 8. When a bad thing happened, she read TRISAGION, it was a VEHICLE OF SALVATION for her. 9. Eve CHERISHED precious heritage from her mother: LITURGICAL BOOKS, DEVOTIONAL BOOKS and THE BOOK OF HOURS. 10. And as her mother did, she paid TITHES to the church. 11. Eve taught me a lot of things, the most important for me is the following: "Whether it is an ATHEIST RULE or it isn't in your country, keep BROTHERLY LOVE to everyone, ENLIGHTEN others, be MERCIFUL, love God and defend Him with GOOD FAITH AND FIDELITY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Mark sings a lot in his church's CHOIR. 2. During the GREAT LITANY he and other CHANTERS are singing: " LORD, HAVE MERCY". 3. While it is A SMALL LITANY, CHANTERS ARE QUIET, and deacon says: "AGAIN AND AGAIN, IN PEACE LET US PRAY TO THE LORD". 4. Mark likes to talk about HESYCHASTS, because of their mysterious VISION OF DIVINE and UNCREATED LIGHT. 5. He read a lot of works by ST. GREGORY PALAMAS, who proved the distinction between ESSENCE and ENERGIES of God. 6. Mark seems to be very MEEK and EXCEEDINGLY GLAD to sing to Christ, the ONLY-BEGOTTEN, IMMORTAL SON of God Who was INCARNATE of the EVER-VIRGIN MARY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Adam is a deacon and he told me, that THE SMALL ENTRANCE starts from the deacon's words: "WISDOM! UPRIGHT!". 2. The other day Adam suddenly asked me in the church: "do you know where the BEATITUDES, CHANTED during the WORSHIP come from?". 3 I said from the EPISTLE and was wrong, cause they were from the Gospel of Matthew. 4. Today Adam said to our PARISH that Christ, RISEN FROM THE DEAD is IMMORTAL and it will be always the GOOD TIDINGS.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 22:43

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 19:38 | Сообщение # 48
Лейтенант
1) To perish without faith is to live without hope.
2) The fettered shall find liberation through their unwavering devotion.
3) The proselytes embrace their new faith with zeal and sincerity.
4) Sion stands as a testament to the enduring presence of God's love.
5) To execute judgment is to recognize divine justice at work in the world.
6) The Only-begotten Son offered himself as a sacrifice for all humanity.
7) To deign to walk among us, God chose to be incarnate in human form.
8) Christ chose to trample down death by death, revealing the victory of life.
9) His sacrifice allowed him to be glorified by all those who believed in him.
10) The Savior of mankind willingly endured to be crucified for our redemption.
11) We should commit ourselves unto Christ our God with unwavering devotion.
12) Our Good God who lovest mankind grants us endless compassion and mercy.
13) The unoriginate Father's love is unbounded and eternal.
14) The Most Holy and good and life-creating Spirit guides and sustains us.
15) The beatitudes reveal the path to true inner contentment and joy.
16) Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted by God's love.
17) The meek shall inherit the earth and find solace in God's embrace.
18) Righteousness is the cornerstone of a life lived in harmony with God's will.
19) Peacemakers strive to embody the tranquility and love of the divine.
20) Those persecuted for righteousness' sake shall find refuge in God's mercy.
21) To revile others is to distance oneself from the compassion of Christ.
22) Exceeding glad are those who find joy in the presence of the divine.
23) The saints' lives are wondrous in the eyes of those who seek meaning.
24) The Trisagion hymn highlights the immortal nature of the Holy Trinity.
25) The Epistle reveals timeless truths guiding believers through the ages.
26) With a humble heart, we bow before the majesty of God's love.
27) The good tidings of Christ's resurrection bring hope to all who hear.
28) We praise the all-praised God whose love sustains the universe.
29) The universal heralds of God's love spread the message of hope and redemption.
30) The evangelist's words offer timeless guidance for those who seek truth.
31) In the Litany, we offer fervent supplications for the world's salvation.
32) May all hearken to the call of the divine and find peace in God's love.
33) Thrice we ask for God's mercy to envelop and sustain us.
34) Through the remission of sins, we find liberation from our burdens.
35) We seek forgiveness for every transgressionvoluntary and involuntary.
36) Tranquility of spirit is found in the loving embrace of God's mercy.
37) Through earnest petition, we lay our hearts before the throne of grace.
38) In love and compassion, we are called to give alms to those in need.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Среда, 20.12.2023, 19:40

veronikachernykh15Дата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 19:52 | Сообщение # 49
Майор
1) Read PSALTER for 40 days after my grandmother died.
2) I LAY NO CLAIM to my marks for final exams, because I know that the material is hard for me.
3) FIDELITY is the main thing for a good marriage.
4) THE SEVENTY is a collection of translations of the Old Testament into ancient Greek in the III-I centuries BC
5) ACCURACY should be the first thing to pay attention to filling the documents.
6) I need some time for CONSIDERATION, because I should discuss it with my parents.
7) He GRACIOUSLY gave me an opportunity to glance at ancient MANUSCRIPTS.
8) THE BOOK OF HOURS is the most widespread and most frequently used liturgical book containing the texts of the unchangeable prayers of the daily liturgical circle.
9) Every nation has its own PRACTICES and OBSERVANCES.
10) In the church you can find a lot of FELLOW-BELIEVERS  who can help you to answer your questions about faith.
11) Fasting and prayer are SPIRITUALLY PROFITABLE for our solves.
12) INACCURACY during blood tests can cause a lot of problems for our patients.
13) We can not be sinless because of HUMAN FRAILTY.
14) Orthodox Christians should say a prayer RULE in the morning and evening.
15) Every Christian should STRIVE to be MEEK and RIGHTEOUS.
16) It’s quite challenging to EXCEL the others.
17) The END of every Christian is to inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.
18) The DESERT FATHERS are the name of Christian monks, hermits and ascetics of the period of the emergence of monasticism in the IV—V centuries.
19) In my opinion, CHANTERS in church’s choir should be pious Christians.
20) THE GREAT LITANY usually precedes the beginning of divine services — liturgy, vespers, as well as church sacraments — baptism and wedding.
21) We should pray for THE GOOD ESTATE OF THE HOLY CHURCHES.
22) А Christian should read the Gospel with great REVERENCE.
23) The DIACONATE plays a great role during the WORSHIP.
24) We commemorate CIVIL AUTHORITIES in our prayers during the Liturgy.
25) We should pray to God to deliver us from ATHEIST RULE.
26) The ONENESS OF MIND is possible only through the acquisition of the grace of the Holy Spirit.
27) BROTHERLY LOVE is a unique skill of a truly Christian.
28) My godmother lives in the HOLY HOUSE.
29) I would like to see an INCREASE of parishioners in our church.
30) God said that THE SICK, THE SUFFERING AND THE CAPTIVE will inherit Heavenly Kingdom.
31) Sometimes I feel some GRACE after Communion.
32) We all pray not to PERISH without confession and communion.
33) After our death God will EXECUTE JUDGMENT.
34) THE PROSELYTE is someone who has been convinced to change religion or beliefs.
35) "THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON" is an unchangeable Orthodox hymn, which is part of the second antiphon of the liturgies of John Chrysostom and Basil the Great.
36) We hope the priest will deign to confess us today.
37) INCARNATION is one of the central tenets of faith in Christianity.
38) God was CRUCIFIED  and now we wear a crucifixion on our chests to remember about his feat.
39) A real faith is to be ready TO COMMIT YOURSELF UNTO CHRIST OUR GOD.
40) THE BEATITUDES — according to Christian doctrine, this is a part of the commandments of Jesus Christ, pronounced by him during the Sermon on the Mount and complementing the ten commandments of Moses.
41) During the Lent we are MOURNING with Jesus Christ.
42) We are all trying to fight against sins to gain RIGHTEOUSNESS.
43) THE PEACEMAKER is the one who himself does not give any reason for discord and disagreement, and reconciles and agrees with others who are at war with each other, being compared in activity to the son of God, who reconciled heaven with earth, God with man.
44) A lot of young people REVILE religion and church.
45) I am EXCEEDINGLY GLAD during the Liturgy on Christmas and Easter.
46) THE TRISAGION, according to legend, was heard from the Angels by a boy who was lifted into the air during a penitential prayer on the occasion of the earthquake in Constantinople (438-439) and then introduced into liturgical use.
47) We believe that our soul is IMMORTAL.
48) EPISTLE serves as an addition and an explanation of the Gospel teaching, and it’s part of the New Testament.
49) PROKIEMENON  is a biblical verse, selected in accordance with the content of a holiday or service.
50) Monks and nuns make a lot of BOWS in monasteries.
51) Catholics wish on Christmas GOOD TIDINGS and joy.
52) INTEMPERATE behavior annoys me very much.
53) I would like to do CHARITABLE WORK but I always postpone it.
54) The emergence of MONASTICISM in Russia and its formation were influenced by Christian monastic traditions in two ways: through monastic literature – stories about monastic exploits in the Middle East and Byzantium, monastic statutes – and through the personal monastic experience of Russian ascetics received in Constantinople, Palestine and, mainly, on Mount Athos.
55) AUSTERITIES are often taken by monks, in order to take austerities, a simple believer needs to take a blessing from the priest.
56) We know a lot of saints who WITHDRAW FROM SOCIETY.
57) Seraphim of Sarov led an EREMETIC LIFE.
58) I would like to make a PILGRIMAGE to Jerusalem.
59) I do not understand how monks and nuns live in popular monasteries because for me it is easier to have a LIFE OF STRICT ENCLOSURE if I were a nun.
60) When the priest PREACHES SERMONS after the Liturgy it’s a great chance to know something new.
61) Government representatives should not be involved in ECCLESIASTICAL MATTERS.
62) Christ was crucified to REDEEM our sins.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Воскресенье, 24.12.2023, 21:59

lisaswan001Дата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 00:31 | Сообщение # 50
Лейтенант
1) Deliberation is essential when making spiritual decisions in life.
2) Our salutation is an expression of love and unity in Christ.
3) Engaging in charitable work reflects our love for others.
4) The unanimous agreement of the faithful brings strength to the church.
5) We stand united as fellow-believers in our faith journey.
6) Pilgrimage offers a profound experience of spiritual reflection.
7) The preacher's sermons inspire and guide the congregation.
8) May the light of truth enlighten our hearts and minds.
9) Christ is the ultimate enlightener, guiding us on the path of righteousness.
10) Let us pray for the healing of the suffering Russian land.
11) In the face of bitter torment, faith offers solace and hope.
12) The eremitic life is characterized by solitude and devotion to God.
13) The Book of the Hours guides our daily prayer and reflection.
15) Pentecost marks the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples.
16) Avoiding intemperate behavior is part of leading a righteous life.
17) Ecclesiastical matters concern the administration of the church.
18) Observances and rituals deepen our connection to the divine.
19) Ancient practices of prayer enrich our spiritual lives.
20) Manuscripts of sacred texts preserve the wisdom of generations.
21) The Great Litany unites the voices of the chanters in prayer.
22) Mourning opens our hearts to the comfort of God's love.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 24.12.2023, 20:35

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 15:12 | Сообщение # 51
Лейтенант
1. Fred is a theologian and he explained to me, why THE GREAT SCHISM happened. 2. Firstly, he mentioned, that Orthodox believe the FILIOQUE to be THEOLOGICALLY UNTRUE, because it ruins TRINITARIAN THEOLOGY. 3. Secondary, he explained  the problem of PAPACY. 4. The third problem he mentioned was the matters of CHURCH WORSHIP AND DISCIPLINE. 5. Fred claimed, that Latins insisted on PRIESTLY CELIBACY, while Greeks allowed married clergy. 6. And last, but not least, Fred said about bread, using in Eucharist: Greeks used LEAVENED BREAD, while Latins used UNLEAVENED BREAD, also known as "AZYMES".

=========================================================
1. Today I heard the LITANY OF FERVENT SUPPLICATION in the HOLY HOUSE. 2. It was quite beautiful, I came up to one of the CHANTERS and made a donation. 3. He was so grateful, we talked about many things: he said, that PROKEIMENON was taken from the PSALMS OF KING DAVID, which surprised me. 4. I told him, that if you are baptised, you have no need to bow when the deacon says: "CATECHUMENS, pray to the Lord". 5. He knew that, but was very HUMBLE and MEEK to say that. 6. Before we said goodbye to each other, we concluded, that EVERY TRANSGRESSION, VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY should be forgiven, if we REPENT and receive COMMUNION FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.

=========================================================

1. How should we pray? I think, that many of us thought about it. Some people suggest, that we should pray, when we are SICK, SUFFERING. 2. But I think, that the main thing in praying is GRACE. 3.We should pray with REVERENCE and PIETY. 4. We should pray for all TRIBULATION, WRATH AND NEED to go away from us. 5. Prayers help us to escape from THE BITTER TORMENT. 5. THE EUCHARIST means to pray together to feel ONENESS OF MIND and BROTHERLY LOVE. 6. I think, that a silent prayer is better than PRACTICES and OBSERVANCES.

=============================

1. I befriended a monk and he told me about his EREMITIC LIFE. 2. His favorite feast was PENTECOST. 3. Every year at that day all his problems, MOURNINGS went away. 4. That monk was a great PREACHER, and I really enjoyed listening to his SERMONS, those ENLIGHTENED my soul. 5. He said, that every Orthodox Christian should pray for THE GOOD ESTATE OF THE HOLY CHURCHES and for the HEALING OF THE SUFFERING RUSSIAN LAND. 6. I agreed and became a PILGRIM.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 22:26

sodrozdovaДата: Понедельник, 26.02.2024, 13:19 | Сообщение # 52
Лейтенант
1) Every liturgy in our church we sing BEATITUDE using different music patterns.
2) In my opinion, the MEEK are those who can safe Love in their hearts even if the world is very cruel.
3) Those who REVILE other people have nothing with being PEACEMAKERS.
4) Some dogmas in our Church are IMMORTAL.
5) In my church there is a reader who reads EPISTLE in a very melodic way.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » TEXT BANK » 2025 (graduation year)
  • Страница 4 из 4
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024