Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 231
Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 26.04.2024, 19:49
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 231 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 231 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 231
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 26.02.2022, 14:55 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
One must guard against complaining, as though it were a poisonous snake.

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

salomiagudovaДата: Среда, 02.03.2022, 18:59 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
I fully agree with Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. Yes, we should guard ourselves against complaining. Our life on this earth is full of difficulties. I don’t think that it is even possible for anyone to live their life without any adversities. Even the richest person, who, it seems, has it all, can’t have a life free of any troubles. It is a given that at some point all of us will face something difficult. But as the Gospel teaches us: «Do all things without grumbling or disputing» (Philippians 2:14). And indeed, we should look at our adversities as an opportunity to prove ourselves worthy Christians. We should accept difficulties in our life with humility.

That being said, I believe that guarding against complaining doesn’t mean that we can’t share our troubles and feelings with others. Sometimes it can seem to be the same thing as complaining but it is not. And it doesn’t mean that we can’t ask for help or try to improve the situation that we have found ourselves in.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Среда, 04.05.2022, 20:00

tsumskaa30Дата: Четверг, 03.03.2022, 12:00 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
A human being usually likes complaining. It is astonishing that people complain regardless of their situation. For example, a person doesn’t have a family but longs for it, he wishes not to be alone. And the opposite case - when the same person has a loving wife, several children, but continues complaining because something goes wrong. He may suffer from the lack of free time. He may have a low-paid job and be unable to make the living. He may be irritated by his wife or children. It doesn’t matter if his complaints are impartial or not.

His behaviour only means that he doesn’t want to get things as they come. In other words, he doesn’t accept God’s Will.
That’s exactly why abbot Nikon Vorobiev warns us not to go into complaining.

Why complaining could be so harmful? To my mind, complaining may lead to despondency. It is one of the deadly sins. In the prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian we read: “O Lord and Master of my life, take from me the spirit of sloth, despondency, lust for power and idle talk”.
Despondency usually causes the grumbling at God. People may think that they know how it will be better. However, sometimes their wish doesn’t coincide with the Lord’s will. But God loves mankind and everything is under His control, so I believe that people don’t have to worry about anything.

Therefore, I fully agree with abbot Nikon’s words. Complaining may lead to irretrievable depression and terrible sins against God.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 18:56

abalakinan27Дата: Четверг, 03.03.2022, 14:17 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
The theme of complaining is very relevant nowadays. I recall the words of Saint Apostle Paul who said: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thess. 5:16-18). We should take them as Gods commandments. Let's look at the example of New Martyrs and Confessors of the Russian Church who would be happy and grateful even in most hideous times.

Closer to the Doomsday and the Last Judgment of Christ the worst thing would be despondency: "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth" (Luke 21:26). Complaining is a lack of gratitude. It would lead to the total spiritual death and the loss of faith. That's why we must guard ourselves against it.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 02.05.2022, 18:51

tukova0306Дата: Понедельник, 07.03.2022, 21:05 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
There can be no doubt that sins are poison for the human soul. They penetrate into the human soul and destroy it from the inside. Being not grateful, not faithful, complaining are all terrible sins. After all, when we complain, it means that we do not accept God's will and do not trust him. And where there is no trust, there can be no love.  And without love (God) we are mortal.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Четверг, 17.03.2022, 17:23

valpet251Дата: Среда, 30.03.2022, 23:58 | Сообщение # 6
Лейтенант
Complaining about others, we condemn them, and condemnation is a sin. It is always useful to remember this, but the struggle against the sin of condemnation will acquire special relevance during Lent, when we each day say the prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian, “Lord and Master of my life,” where there is the following petition:"grant me to see my own transgressions, and not to judge my brother".

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Четверг, 05.05.2022, 11:50

danil_naydenovДата: Понедельник, 04.04.2022, 22:36 | Сообщение # 7
Лейтенант
Why should we consider complaining a poisonous snake? Why exactly did abbot Nikon Vorobiev think that it’s so dangerous for our soul? Let’s try to answer these questions using our knowledge of the Scripture and simple common sense. As it is said in the Bible: «Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God» (Philippians 2:14-15). And it should already be enough. But if we want to dig deeper, we can recall the story of our progenitors, Adam and Eve. How exactly did the serpent seduce Eve to eat the forbidden fruit? By telling her that she is, in fact, restricted of doing something, though she was not. The serpent made Eve discontented with God, with what He offers her and her husband. And this discontentment is what ultimately led to the damnation of the first people. And now, let us see, what lies in the depth of any complaint. Again, we can see that it is the same discontentment. Instead of turning their face to God and acknowledging His omnipotence and omniscience, one may begin thinking that they are restricted, that God, in fact, hinders them and tries to prevent them from getting something useful or pleasant. So, we see that we were taught to complain by the evil one, not by God, and therefore complaining is a grave sin. That is not a coincidence that abbot Nikon Vorobiev compares it to a snake, for it was exactly the instrument of the serpent, with which we were corrupted at the beginning of our history.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Вторник, 05.04.2022, 01:17

zhuravleva369Дата: Четверг, 07.04.2022, 23:08 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
I can understand why father Nicon calls complaining "a poisonous snake". When we complain about something, first of all, it means that we do not accept the will of God about us. He always knows what is better or worse for us in this particular situation. Although it can be hidden from our sight. God wants the best for us, but instead of praying and saying words of gratitude and praise we start complaining. We feel deprived of His love. However, it is not true. This feeling poisons our heart. That's why it is so dangerous.

The second point is that usually we complain to someone. The person, wanting to support us, supports these complaints. And because of our example he can start complaining as well. Thus, we encourage not only our complaints, but also the complaints of our neighbor. So, as father Nicon said, we must always "guard against complaining".

Сообщение отредактировал zhuravleva369 - Среда, 04.05.2022, 19:47

lopatinavarvaraДата: Пятница, 08.04.2022, 17:21 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
I understand why Abbot Nikon Vorobiev equates complaints with a poisonous snake and I even partially agree with this statement. When we complain, we express our disagreement with God's will. This way of expressing dissatisfaction is sinful, as it accuses God of doing something wrong. But expressing discontent with faith does not call into question the infallibility of God. Rather, it is an honest expression of our feelings, similar to how we experience difficulties. But in the book of Psalms there are "psalms of communal lament" that encourage our hearts burdened with problems. They teach us how to bring our complaints to God, praising Him. And these complaints themselves express God's merciful concern for us, helping us to see that we are not alone, and God understands us.

7109633Дата: Суббота, 09.04.2022, 22:27 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I can see Abbot Nikon Vorobiev's point. The trickiest thing about complaining is that when you start doing it, it’s a bit hard to stop. You even can’t notice that you start repeating yourself over and over again. I don’t want to say that you should never ever say a single word about your troubles, because it’s quite natural. This way we express our disagreement, dissatisfaction and tiredness; we can share with our people when we are distressed, anxious or any other thing. So the idea is not about holding everything within yourself right up to the moment when you burst and collapse. I am sure your loved ones can find some time to listen to you, if you need help or at least some support. But it’s easy to cross the line when no one is eager to hear you or you start casting curses about every single thing that is at odds with your expectations. To my mind, the good way to cope with such a situation is to change the attitude upon this matter. Complaint is about you and your ego, but instead focusing on sharing the experience or analysing some situation will help you work out any issue. You don't have to be regarded as a good one, while all the others are bad, you just need to know that you are not alone and any matter can be dealt with.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Среда, 04.05.2022, 21:35

alekssander-com29Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 14:39 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
My opinion coincides with the opinion of Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. The quote may be interpreted in two ways. The first is our understanding of the earthly life where complaining about something means self-pity. The second is our understanding of the spiritual life where complaining means to grumble against the Lord. And in both cases it isn`t a good thing to do. In the case of self-pity many psychologists say that it ruins one`s life, because it doesn`t lead to anything good or profitable neither for physical nor for mental health. Self-pity makes a person remain idle when it is necessary to do something. In this situation one`s state will be constantly getting worse and may end with a severe depression.
As far as our spiritual live is concerned, not only despondency here is a sin but also grumbling against God.  This reminds me the story about Job from the Scripture (Book of Job). When he lost everything he had he didn`t grumble at all and took all the tribulations and misery with gratitude and trust in God and the Lord bestowed upon him even greater well-being than before.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 04.05.2022, 19:59

dolysovacomДата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 20:10 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I do agree with this statement. However, I confess, I very often fall into this sin myself. If a person complains, it means he does not accept the will of God. It means he does not want to carry his cross. He believes that his life should be better, but he does not want to change anything himself. But in fact, he just needs to start and everything will becomes simple and clear. There is a proverb in Russia: The eyes are afraid, but the hands do. If Seraphim of Sarov had complained about his life, he wouldn’t have been able to achieve such holiness that the Mother of God herself visited and healed him. After his death, so many people come to him to ask for help in life. Indeed, sometimes it is very difficult to accept your position situation, but you need to understand that the Lord does not give a person something that he cannot bear.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 01.05.2022, 20:57

zhovtyak1441Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 23:17 | Сообщение # 13
Лейтенант
I cannot agree with this statement. Jesus Himself said that: If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector (Matthew 18:15-17)

First, you should talk to the person alone. If he does not admit his guilt and persists in his sin so several witnesses should be called. If this does not help you can write a complaint.

anastasiadregan864Дата: Вторник, 26.04.2022, 17:03 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
This idea is very clear to me. It is common for a person to complain, because we are selfish by nature and like to feel sorry for ourselves. I've noticed  that most often a person begins to complain when he is not busy with any business or does not want to correct the situation in which he found himself because of laziness, unwillingness to leave the comfort zone. It is easier for him to complain about the injustice of life, the irresponsibility of other people, bad luck, etc. After all, it is really much more difficult to start acting yourself, to work and to make efforts in order to get out of a difficult situation. And the more a person complains, the more he begins to sympathize with himself and do nothing. This feeling is really tempting. However, when a person is constantly working, so that he simply has no time to complain, he has goals and tasks for the day. Moreover, when the long-awaited rest comes, that  person appreciates every moment of it, he knows how to thank and appreciate what he has.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 14:14

katyadorniakДата: Суббота, 28.05.2022, 13:55 | Сообщение # 15
Полковник
Abbot Nikon Vorobiev lived in Russia during a difficult time. He spent five years of his life in prison. From a human point of view, he had his right to complain. However, he not only doesn't, but also warns against it. What is the reason?
Complaints arising from a thirst for attention are a thing unworthy of a Christian. The only one to whom we should confide our weaknesses is our Lord and Savior. Of course, a person is weak, but there are times when weakness cannot be shown. It was in such difficult times for believers that Abbot Nikon lived.

Personally, I believe that a Christian should treat any suffering with understanding and love. And he himself can complain if, due to his weakness, he can no longer tolerate it. If a person does not ask, how will he find comfort and healing? After all, it is said in the Gospel of Matthew: Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened into you (7:7). However, the thought of Abbot Nikon does not refer to requests for help, but only to the manifestation of weakness in front of the executioners, so contagious among the suffering. Such complaints should be directed only to God.[/size]

[/font]4,5

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 07:32

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 231 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024