Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 222
Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 15:13
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 222 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 222 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 222
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 27.10.2021, 13:08 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
In the depths of each person’s heart lies the knowledge of his immortality. And he is indeed immortal, and that which we call death is a birth into a new life, a transition from one state of being to another.

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 20:46 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Awareness of our mortality is one of the important moments that we go through when realizing ourselves. Abbot Nikon Vorobiev says that we all subconsciously consider ourselves immortal, because that's what we are.

Indeed, the perception of death among atheists scares me. How can a person with an amazing mind, the ability to create, to love, leaving behind works of art should dissolve in space? How can an amazing spark die out as soon as the body ceases to function?
Thinking that death is as natural as birth seems to me quite reasonable. This is not just reassuring and comforting. This puts everything in its place. As babies in the womb, we need to develop enough to be ready for the next stage of our lives. But, unlike unborn children, we are responsible for our own development. With God's help, we prepare for our next life by learning and developing our virtues.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

abalakinan27Дата: Пятница, 05.11.2021, 19:31 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I’d go along with Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. I would every now and then hear even from unbelievers that our life has continuation after death. Because of our godlike origin, there’s no way of imagining the end after this fruitful and fulfilled life, after everything people achieve there. How all human’s endeavors might be in vain while our souls are immortal? Everything on the Earth has its purpose: from a little ant to a giant ocean. That all the more reveals that we were created with intent, even Christ Himself descended from heaven to overthrow Satan and open gates into The Kingdom of God in order to grant mankind hope and love and strengthen their faith.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Пятница, 05.11.2021, 19:31

posternaksophieДата: Понедельник, 15.11.2021, 12:31 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник
This quote is really deep and I totally agree with this point of view as it is true and follows Orthodox theology.

However, nowadays in our cruel world people too often forget how important it is to remember about immortality. According to the statistics, only 1-2% of those who consider themselves Orthodox really understand what it is and believe in immortal God. It is truly difficult to believe in immortality when people are dying of coronavirus right, left, and centre and even a lot of Orthodox people when they encounter death face to face might find it difficult to believe that this blue lifeless piece of flesh will one day resurrect.

Anyways, us being Orthodox, it must be said that no matter how hard it might be to believe in immortality, it is true that Jesus Christ died Himself and showed people a way to salvation. It is easy to reflect on such things as death in theory but when one sees it for real it is absolutely different. We must learn to perceive it as a way to immortality no matter how ugly it looks.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Четверг, 18.11.2021, 23:13

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 17.11.2021, 15:45 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
After reading this quote I recalled the interview with Boris Kortschevnikov. He was asked a usual question: “What is the purpose of your life?”, and gave an unusual answer: “To be born”. It might sound odd but I really believe that his words were accurate.

People live on this earth only for several years. After that eternity begins. Our life can be compared with a state of an embryo in the mother’s womb. This infant is not aware of its real position. But after the delivery the infant will live as well as after our earthly death all people will have the everlasting life.

Moreover, apostle Paul in his First Epistle to the Corinthians wrote: “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (1 Cor. 15:51-53). That means that our state will be changed but we will still live. Then the apostle adds some very familiar words: “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Cor. 15:55). Indeed, Christ was incarnate and was crucified in order that everyone of us may have the Future Life, He granted us victory over death.

Therefore, I fully agree with abbot Nikon Vorobiev’s statement.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 22:01

mariabrkДата: Среда, 17.11.2021, 23:57 | Сообщение # 6
Сержант
People have always been afraid of death. They depict it as a spooky creature with a scythe. But Jesus Christ defeated death once and forever. We sing at Easter 'Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death' (Easter Troparion). Death is indeed a birth into a new life. For people who are far from the Church life, it looks absolutely odd that we even celebrate death. We commemorate the days of the holy people's death, and the main feast which is connected to death is the Dormition of the Theotokos. It's an example for all of us of what kind of death we all should seek. People are afraid of death and they try to prolong their earthly existence instead of living with God and seeing death as a door that leads to eternal life with God. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to accept when a close relative or friend dies, and emotions come to the fore. But even Jesus cried when he was told that Lazarus died. So sad emotions are a temporary thing but prayer and a strong belief in God's Love and that death is NOT the end bring us comfort and joy.

zhuravleva369Дата: Суббота, 20.11.2021, 15:28 | Сообщение # 7
Лейтенант
Abbot Nikon Vorobiev's opinion is an interesting point of view on understanding death. I can agree with him. Indeed, all of us can feel that death is not the end. For Christians, it is obvious that we all are waiting for death to meet God and be with Him. Nevertheless, people of other religions and non-believers as well also feel that their souls are immortal.

Abbot Nikon is right when he says that this knowledge lies "in the depths" of each person's heart. We cannot feel it always as this world distracts and confuses us every day. Many sounds, events, thoughts, voices are always near and sometimes we need some peace to remember about it.

antonryadinskiДата: Среда, 01.12.2021, 22:04 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
I totally agree with this quote. I think what Abbot Nikon Vorobiev wrote about is one of the truths of Orthodoxy. The meaning is somehow interconnected with the Creed's passages: "we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come".

We Christians  believe that our life here on Earth is limited. What we call "death" only refers to our bodies, but our soul is truly immortal. And we shouldn't be afraid, but live our life here like we are already in Heaven, and many saints told us this and so did Christ Himself.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:08

lopatinavarvaraДата: Четверг, 02.12.2021, 18:00 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
I totally agree with Abbot Nikon Vorobiev’s quote. The postmortem fate of a person has an important place in Christianity. And the answer to the question of our immortality is precisely in the depths of the heart, this is because it is in the heart where Christ lives. If Christ lives in the human heart, then He eliminates death, he rises above it, and only the biological process remains. A person united with Christ overcomes death and lives eternal life. I think that bodily sensations grow into spiritual ones, after leaving this life the sensations completely change and a new "look" at what is happening is obtained, which is a transition from one state of being to another.

Сообщение отредактировал lopatinavarvara - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 23:53

7109633Дата: Суббота, 04.12.2021, 18:00 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I fully agree with this quote by Abbot Nikon Vorobiev since in every teaching or seeking of truth, not even religious ones, people always do ask themselves the questions about mortality and immortality, about the thing which makes us alive, about the reason of our existence and everything else around us. But an interesting fact is that the idea of mortality is the one which a human being learns later than that inner knowledge of immortality. It is an established fact that children do not understand the concept of death and of young people it is often said that they do not think enough about the finitude of life. As to me, it shows us perfectly that all the people have that knowledge. Although there are people who deny that idea, but it is deeply rooted in our understanding of life and building a personal system of values.

Audio

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 13:00

dolysovacomДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 14:59 | Сообщение # 11
Лейтенант
After reading these words I remember a sermon I heard recently. This sermon was delivered by a priest at the Liturgy in honor of the newly departed. Some words touched me. He said that when a child is born, his/her mother pushes him into this world by force, but the child cries, he does not want to be born. And it is exactly the same when people leave this world. They resist it, cry and oppose. But the thing is that our life only begins with death. By the way, people comprehend the word “death” too tragically as if this is the end of everything. In fact this word means the transition from one life into another. Therefore, I fully agree with the words of Abbot Nikon Vorobiev and believe that each person at least guesses about his immortality because he feels it. Similarly, each person feels the existence of God and has a need to believe in someone or something.

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Четверг, 09.12.2021, 11:37

tukova0306Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 15:37 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I agree with this statement.

But this is fundamentally important to understand, that man is not immortal by nature. Because he is created and everything created is mortal. But a person can become immortal not by nature, but by grace, by the free gift of God. A person must want and agree to become immortal. And without a person’s desire, no one can save him or give him immortality.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 15:38

vernik04Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 20:48 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
I certainly agree with Abbot Nikon's point of view. It reflects one of the Christian beliefs that death isn’t the end for people.

Of course, death is an unpleasant thing to think and talk about. Many people fear to die. However, Orthodox people believe that there is life after death.

Man is created in the image of God. God gave us immortality, because He is immortal. He lets us know in a mysterious way that we will be reborn after death into a new life.

We have a mortal body, but this body isn't our essence. The most important part of a person is his soul which is immortal. Indeed, death is a transition from temporary life in a mortal body to eternal life without this body, but in a completely different state of being.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 16:42

alekssander-com29Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 22:55 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
I can't tell whether I agree or disagree with Abbot Nikon's saying. On the one hand, most of the time most of the people indeed live as if they are immortal, that is, they spend their priceless time carelessly, doing what they feel they shouldn't do, saying things they shouldn't say and regretting their actions or inaction.

However, life constantly keeps people on the verge of death. Daily we are reminded that we are mortal and fragile. Surely, human psyche does it's best to ignore such reminders and suppress them but once a person faces death they experience incommensurate dread.

So, logically speaking, as people fear death when they suddenly face it rather than be happy about it, they don't have any knowledge of their immortality. I suppose that only religion can give them this knowledge but it's not inherent to the human heart.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 15.12.2021, 14:14

readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 23:29 | Сообщение # 15
Генерал-майор
Цитата vernik04 ()
Indeed, death is a transition from temporary life in a mortal body to eternal life without this body

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come. Amen".

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 222 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024