Понедельник, 13.05.2024, 19:46
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 222 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 222 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 222
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 27.10.2021, 13:08 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
In the depths of each person’s heart lies the knowledge of his immortality. And he is indeed immortal, and that which we call death is a birth into a new life, a transition from one state of being to another.

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 23:30 | Сообщение # 16
Генерал-майор
Цитата tukova0306 ()
But this is fundamentally important to understand, that man is not immortal by nature. Because he is created and everything created is mortal.

What about angels?

nastenatlt98Дата: Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:00 | Сообщение # 17
Сержант
I think this is quite an interesting statement. It is clear that Christians believe in an afterlife. However, I sometimes wonder what it's like to be a non-religious person? If Abbot Nikon Vorobiev claims that "in the depths of each person’s heart lies the knowledge of his immortality," then how does a non-religious person get along with this knowledge, what does he expect to see after his death? Sometimes I feel sorry for people who do not believe in God, because it seems to me that it is religious knowledge that helps a person cope not only with life problems, but also with the fear of death.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:03

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:38 | Сообщение # 18
Сержант
Fear of death is one of the greatest fears humanity is subject to. Death is always sad and painful and brutal and is the true punishment for our detachment from God. But that is earthly death. Christ's sacrifice means that eternal death exists no longer. This is why, indeed, we are in a sense immortal. It is a unique gift from God, and the only thing truly required of us is that we accept this gift and accept God with all our heart. The words of Abbot Nikon Vorobiev are an absolute truth and give us a deep insight into the nature of our existence. However, we are always in danger of letting our pride make us refuse this amazing gift of eternal life. I think that this is something that we must be always aware of.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 23:02 | Сообщение # 19
Подполковник
I agree that everybody feels that they are immortal in spite of the fact that many people deny the Everlasting Life. At least in the depths of their hearts atheists hope that they won’t disappear.

For us, Christians, this truth is obvious. For Jesus Christ was crucified so that we may live forever. Apostle Paul writes: “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came
death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.” (1 Cor. 15:20-23).

That’s why I agree with abbot Nikon Vorobiev’s statement.

valpet251Дата: Воскресенье, 03.04.2022, 13:57 | Сообщение # 20
Лейтенант
I completely agree with Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. Having risen from the dead, the Lord overcame death. "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?’’(1 Cor.15:55) we exclaim together with St. John Chrysostom at the Easter service. Moreover, eternal life with God is what we are called to. The words of Abbot Nikon are intended to encourage us and help us not to be afraid of death. Death is just a step to salvation that we all strive for.

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Четверг, 05.05.2022, 11:33

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 222 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024