Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 220
Archbishop Averky (Taushev)

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 16:22
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 220 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 220 (Archbishop Averky (Taushev))
Quote 220
readeralexeyДата: Четверг, 14.10.2021, 12:44 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
It goes without saying that good works are essential for success in the spiritual life, for they demonstrate the presence of good will in us, without which there is no moving forward; in turn, good works themselves strengthen, develop, and deepen this good will.

Archbishop Averky (Taushev)

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 14:05 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I fully agree with the idea expressed by Archbishop Averky. We see that these two units: good works and good will are indivisible from each other and coherent. It’s impossible to have good intentions without setting them in motion and pursuing excellence only theoretically. It’s rather hard to keep hypocrisy for long and better to walk the right way initially doing good. Moreover, the more you force yourself to be useful, the easier and more inspiring it will become, and one day you will realize that it is impossible to live without ministering to others.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Пятница, 05.11.2021, 16:03

salomiagudovaДата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 17:18 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
I fully agree with Archbishop Averky. Indeed, good deeds are essential for success in the spiritual life. Of course, it is important to thinks good thoughts, after all what really counts is what is going on in your head, because you can do honourable deeds and think that you are better than others and a real Christian unlike others. But still good thoughts alone are not enough. Because you can think all the time that helping others is important and truly believe in it and stand by it and still don’t fail to help anyone. It is not even that you don’t want to, maybe you think that people around you don’t really need your help. But the truth is that there is always someone who needs help. And so, for example, if you believe that Christians should help the poor, you should do it and not merely think about it.

So I agree that good deeds demonstrate the true presence of good will in us. And in turn, good deeds themselves deepen our good will but only if we do them with humility, because otherwise it can feed our vainglory and then these good deeds won’t be beneficial for our spiritual life.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Пятница, 29.10.2021, 17:19

antonryadinskiДата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 21:58 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Good works are what Christ taught us to do. If you are a Christian it's not enough to know the Gospel by heart but you also have to perform acts of faith. We should not be idle as Pharisees, but do good works. We should do them whether a man is good or bad, because everything we do for someone we do it for Christ: “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’" (Matthew 25:40).

Thus, our will becomes equal to God's Will. Good works are an essential part for every Christian if they want to live in Christ. So I can agree with the quote of Archbishop Averky.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 12:48

zhovtyak1441Дата: Среда, 20.10.2021, 12:59 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
I can agree with this statement. Archbishop Averky in this quote brings up the topic of good works. We were created by God to produce do good works - this is an expectation of God for our lives - to bear fruit. Moreover in 1 Cor. 16:14 we can find such words:"Let all that you do be done in love." We must never forget that we are all one body, and that we should stimulate each other to love and good works. We should remember and do this.This is why the Lord said: "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father Which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Пятница, 29.10.2021, 17:36

mariabrkДата: Среда, 20.10.2021, 15:25 | Сообщение # 6
Сержант
Good works are a valuable source of getting vivid positive emotions. We utilize them to foster our faith which is dead without them. And yet good works might be performed without any good will or love or care but a person does them just because they have to. Let's look at the example. Ms. M. is a committed Christian, she goes to church every Sunday, says morning and evening prayers but when it comes to helping others, she cannot be bothered more. However, she has to do it. So she gets involved in performing good works and step by step her heart becomes filled with empathy, care and love. In the end, she fulfills this duty because of a call from the heart. So as Archbishop Averky said good works help us to develop and deepen good will.

Сообщение отредактировал mariabrk - Понедельник, 15.11.2021, 13:15

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 20.10.2021, 16:22 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
It is obvious that our faith should be expressed not only by our thoughts but also by our actions. It would be too easy to say that we are Christians and not to follow Christ’s words, but our Saviour warned us: ‘Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven’ (Matthew 7:21).

Our good deeds are much more important than we could imagine. Saint James in his Epistle wrote: ‘For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also’ (James: 2,26). Of course, not everyone of us is able to perform a great spiritual exploit but we all can give alms - not necessarily money but at least a kind word of support.

The Lord’s Prayer is well-known to us, but not all of us realise that God will have mercy on us and forgive us only if we are merciful to other people too. We are weak because we can’t get rid of our passions and stop committing sins, but we should try to do our best so that the Lord may see that we have a desire to be with Him, to fulfil His word, that is to love.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Пятница, 29.10.2021, 17:50

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 02:21 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
The point of view of Archbishop Averky is certainly correct. The Holy Scripture says that faith without works is dead. Our free will is what distinguishes us from unreasonable animals. We are free to act on our own, no one can force us to be merciful and virtuous. Voluntary willingness to make an effort and demonstrate your love for God in an active act deed of mercy is the most sincere way to express your devotion.

When we do good works, we combine our good will, our reverence for the commandments, our love for our fellow men and for God, and our willingness to actively serve for the good of the Church. Nothing speaks better of a Christian than good works done without pride and bragging.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Пятница, 05.11.2021, 12:56

dolysovacomДата: Среда, 24.11.2021, 16:26 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
I agree with these words and would like to add that the desire to help our neighbor should come from our hearts, because we wouldn’t have done many good deeds if we had to make ourselves to do them. And moreover, there is a task for all Christians to do good not only for our close people and neighbors, but also for our enemies and those who offend us. «And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that» (Luke 6:33). So our duty is to love our enemies, like our God said: «But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked». (Luke 6:35).

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Четверг, 02.12.2021, 20:57

danil_naydenovДата: Среда, 24.11.2021, 22:56 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
Some people think that good works is everything that one needs to go to heaven. But it depends on what we mean by “good works”. Are good works done with vile intention still considered to be good? We all know, that a person can do good without any inner good will, but out of vainglory. That’s why I tend to disagree a little bit with archbishop Averky. Good works do not always demonstrate the presence of good will, but good will inevitably leads to good works. For man cannot have a good will and not strive to help others in any way possible. Good works done with good intentions truly strengthen our will and our feeling for the greater good, which is being in union with God. But good works done without good will, but only out of “unfortunate necessity”, or, which is even worse, out of malice, in my opinion, don’t really help anyone, being it a “benefactor” or a victim of that “benefaction”.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Среда, 24.11.2021, 22:56

valpet251Дата: Вторник, 30.11.2021, 02:45 | Сообщение # 11
Лейтенант
Archbishop Averky, speaking about the creation of good, reminds us of a very important aspect of our spiritual life. We all remember the famous phrase, belonging to the apostle James: "Faith without works is dead" (James, 2:20). We agree with it, but we do not apply it to our lives. It is important that further in his Epistle, the apostle, speaking about Abraham, continues: "faith contributed to his works, and by works faith reached perfection" (James, 2:22). Here there is a direct indication of the path to perfect faith – the path of doing good. Archbishop Averky reinforces the Apostle's call, saying that moving forward is impossible without good deeds. And explains the mechanism of this process, how good deeds demonstrate good will, and the will, in turn, is strengthened and developed from good deeds.

readeralexeyДата: Вторник, 30.11.2021, 13:16 | Сообщение # 12
Генерал-майор
Цитата danil_naydenov ()
good works done without good will, but only out of “unfortunate necessity”, or, which is even worse, out of malice, in my opinion, don’t really help anyone, being it a “benefactor” or a victim of that “benefaction”.

Danil, can you illustrate this point by an example? I am not sure I know what "good works done out of malice" really look like. )

7109633Дата: Пятница, 03.12.2021, 17:13 | Сообщение # 13
Лейтенант
I absolutely agree with Archbishop Averky's words. And to me the whole concept, which we can create in our mind, is pretty simple. Our inner self is represented most accurately in our deeds. The easiest thing is to say something, but to do a good thing is way more harder. Indeed deceitful people can act as good and caring friends or acquaintances, but sooner or later this mask will fall. And actually they do not act according to the role all the time. This means that it is possible to reveal their real face. Also there are such occasions when someone wants to do a good thing but it ends up in harming another person or resulting in more imposed and uncomfortable way. For me this shows well when a person's will is not healthy enough. And as to those who have good will, good works are not the issue they think about. It is natural for a person who has good will to do something good as it is the way they live.

Audio

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 12:58

tukova0306Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 15:51 | Сообщение # 14
Лейтенант
Good is one of the names of God. I believe that there is no good without God.
This is an unconscious property of the image of God given to each of us at
birth. And our main task is to cultivate this seed of goodness in ourselves. And I fully agree that good works are essential for success in the spiritual life. God is truly good, therefore, someone who does not have communion with Him can not become truly good.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 14:50

posternaksophieДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 18:45 | Сообщение # 15
Подполковник
I couldn't agree more with this saying. We often go to church and pray without realising how important it is to demonstrate our faith by our good deeds. Orthodox life should not be theoretical, it must be practical. We must preach what we teach and illustrate what we believe in by our actions. That This is the reason why the Church has always initiated social and volunteer work.

When one does something good for free, they do it for God, and God in turn grants such people with His blessing.

However, it is vital not to get proud, or else all the good deeds would be a waste of time and effort.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 20:27

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 220 (Archbishop Averky (Taushev))
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024