Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 219
St. Nikon of Optina

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 08:50
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 219 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 219 (St. Nikon of Optina)
Quote 219
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 09.10.2021, 01:53 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
There is not, never has been, nor ever will be a place on the earth without sorrows. A place without sorrows can only be in the heart, when the Lord is in within it.

St. Nikon of Optina

danil_naydenovДата: Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 17:21 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
There has been was a place without sorrows, but our ancestors lost it a long time ago. Since then, we truly have only one such place – our heart. But our heart can be easily deluded if left all by itself.

It can be misled by sin and natural weaknesses. Indeed, our passions may be extremely hazardous to our soul, but they do not come from there. I believe that every soul is innocent in its core, for it is given by infallible God. I also think, unlike St. Nikon of Optina, that the Lord is always there, but sometimes people may not be willing to see it or acknowledge it. So, even now there is always a place without sorrows, we just need to take a closer look at our soul to find it.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Пятница, 29.10.2021, 21:55

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 11.10.2021, 20:04 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I totally agree with this quote. This world is sinful and fallen. It's full of sorrows as we lost our Paradise, but it doesn't mean that God doesn't love his creations. All trials are for our well-being and for softening human hearts. From my own experience I can say that all troubles make me only converted to God.

All obstacles can be easily overcome with the help of God. You will not even attach great importance to them or fully concentrate on something negative if you have God Himself in your heart and the understanding that everything is according to His will. Furthermore, when you are surrounded by God's grace you don't need any "additional happiness". It's enough to look at our saints: through their life they always glorified God in spite of being dogged by misfortune most of the time. Not in vain did Saint Seraphim of Sarov say: "Acquire the Spirit of Peace and thousands around you will be saved".

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Пятница, 05.11.2021, 16:00

tsumskaa30Дата: Понедельник, 11.10.2021, 20:32 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I suppose that it’s really vital to remember that our sorrows on this earth appear happen according to God’s will. Surprisingly, but our "slings and arrows" of life are only the cross, bearing which we can get a multitude of the Lord’s blessings. Jesus Christ comforts his disciples and compares our griefs with the sufferings of a woman who is giving birth: “A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world” (John, 16:21). Therefore, I completely agree with St. Nikon of Optina.

Indeed, we can sometimes be in a state of peace but only for a moment. For example, after receiving Communion many Christians can feel this sense of eternal joy. It happens because the Lord visits these people. The state of inner peace can also come after a fervent prayer or after repeating the Jesus Prayer.

Moreover, I want to add something important. If a person lives without believing in God, committing sins, and doesn’t have any sorrows, this doesn’t mean that he or she is a lucky fellow. I consider that it is so because his or her life is ruled by the demon who calms the conscience of the sinner in order to ruin all goods that is in the soul. Therefore, it is a natural state for every Christian to have some sorrows.

I hope that in hard times we will remember this quote written by St. Nikon of Optina.

antonryadinskiДата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 13:39 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Since Adam and Eve have been exiled from the Eden, we people inherited the consequences of the Original Sin. And since this very moment man has never been happy. The world is full of sorrows and it will be full of sorrows till the Second Coming.

But God granted us freedom and we can choose what to do. If you live in Christ, if you have at least the small amount of humility then you can feel great. happiness. The Christ said: "Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy." (John 16:20). This line is similar to what St. Nikon of Optina said, so I can agree with him.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 12:47

mariabrkДата: Вторник, 26.10.2021, 22:02 | Сообщение # 6
Сержант
I could not agree more with these words. Everything comes from the inner chamber of our hearts. Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that the Kingdom of God is within us. We experience paradise and hell here. If you let God dwell within you, then you'll be blissfully happy even here during this earthly life. But no one can live without grief and sorrows here. That's what we have to deal with. Our staying here is temporary, and we must be fully aware of it and prepare ourselves for the life of the age to come. We live with God here and live with problems but with joy granted by God to live then forever in God's Love.

Сообщение отредактировал mariabrk - Понедельник, 15.11.2021, 13:17

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 20:20 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
The idea of St. Nikon of Optina is clear and close to me. Thousands of people are looking for happiness in life, but neither money, nor beautiful things, nor cozy houses give them a sense of peace and security. You need to put up with this and direct your efforts to improve yourself and your spiritual life. If we can reconcile with ourselves, keep God in our heart, we will feel safe everywhere.

Many people talk about the comfort zone that is important to them. The task of Christians is to create a comfort zone not for themselves, but for the Holy Spirit so that He can rest on them. And if it works out, we will be honored with the joy of getting to a place where there are no sorrows.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

dolysovacomДата: Среда, 17.11.2021, 21:18 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
After reading this quote I remember the words from the Gospel: «Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst“» (Luke 17:20). There is no doubt that our earthly life includes sorrows and grief and each person has experienced these feelings. But as we know from the Bible, we are free to choose, but we are slaves of sin and passions. We are free to choose whether to listen to God or to turn away from Him. Sin is when we don't listen to Him. And if we strive for God, then He helps each sinner, and gives him true joy.

Audio

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Четверг, 02.12.2021, 20:56

vernik04Дата: Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 23:37 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I cannot fully agree with St. Nicon's words. There was a place without sorrows. The first people had lived in it before the first sin was committed. After that the perfect world created by God turned into the imperfect one with sorrows and pain. People have to face the music, but it doesn’t mean they cannot achieve happiness. Of course, in the modern world most of us take earthly blessings for true happiness, we try to arrange our life so that no sorrow can darken it. But this is wrong. True happiness can be achieved only through the meeting with the Lord. People should look for this kind of happiness, because only that can help come our sorrows through.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Пятница, 03.12.2021, 15:07

alekssander-com29Дата: Четверг, 02.12.2021, 14:16 | Сообщение # 10
Подполковник
I think the same way as St. Nikon of Optina.

Due to human nature and the world's nature, which is fallen, there can never be such a place. There is death, diseases, violence and other things that cause sorrows. If people can't process this, which is possible through belief and prayers, they won't be able to avoid miserable life.

I'd even say that attaining peace physically is impossible. It's a state of spirit, thus, no matter how many valuable belongings a human being might have, they will never find bliss in this world unless they seek it spiritually.

Here I can refer to two examples. The first is the large number of saints who lived an ascetic and, from average person`s point of view, miserable life. But, leading such life they were much more happy then those who are healthy and wealthy. The second example, which confirm the quote of St. Nikon of Optina is Chiliasm or Millennialism, on which a lot of utopian political systems are based.

--

Дяченко Александр

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 14:14

posternaksophieДата: Четверг, 02.12.2021, 15:17 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I couldn't agree more with this saying. It is true that today particularly in the times of pandemic there are sorrows. Families lose their members and no one, not even the most skillful psychologists can relieve this pain. This pain can damage and lead people to thoughtless decisions they will regret later.

Psychologists and other people have their own troubles and thus are unable to take additional troubles of other people. Therefore, the only option is to turn to God in Whom there is comfort for everyone. He took our troubles for us and He suffered for us. He understands sufferings since He died for us and can help us live through them as He is God and nothing is impossible for Him.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 11:12

7109633Дата: Суббота, 04.12.2021, 18:25 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I quite agree with the words of St Nikon of Optina. We see in the very beginning of the Bible the affirmation of that. As it was said, the first man Adam was given all the earth with its creatures to be controlled and cultivated. "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth'" (Genesis 1:26). So since Adam and Eve's fall the realm of Earth became equal to its owners. Thus, nowhere in the mortal world can be found a place without sorrows. Only with God we can be freed from them and now only human heart can be pure enough.

Audio

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Вторник, 07.12.2021, 20:08

tukova0306Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 15:55 | Сообщение # 13
Лейтенант
To begin with, I fully agree with the idea expressed by St. Nikon of Optina. There
is no place on earth without sorrows, and there should not be. Man was exiled to
earth for redemption through suffering and sorrow. So sorrows are an essential
part of our human life. And it depends on us how to deal with sorrows. We can try
to avoid them or imagine that they don’t exist, or we can try to learn to deal with
them humbly. And whatever we do, we definitely have to completely trust our God. We need to leave everything in His hands and believe that His love will act for our own benefit. We need to understand that God will take care of everything, because
there is nothing He can not do, because everything is easy for Him. The only thing a person can do is to humble himself and leave everything to God’s providence
and endless love.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 15:56

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:00 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
On the whole I agree with Saint Nikon of Optina. Indeed, there is no place without sorrow in our earthy world. I see why Saint Nikon would say that a place without sorrow can only be in the heart, when the Lord is in within it. But I believe that the Lord is everywhere in the world and as we know the world is full of suffering.

In my opinion, the only place without sorrow is Heaven and while there were some instances when a saint could glimpse that other world and experience its wonders, our only hope to see it for ourselves is to lead a virtuous life or at least to try to.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:03

nastenatlt98Дата: Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:09 | Сообщение # 15
Сержант
I agree with the opinion of St. Nikon of Optina. I think a place completely devoid of grief and sorrows can be in paradise, next to God. However, as St. Nikon of Optina said, a person's heart can also be free from sorrows when God is there. Interestingly, I noticed this even in the example of my own life. When I leave church after the Liturgy or other service, I feel peace in my heart and I have a feeling that all my problems are not so terrible. I think the more often a person sincerely turns to God, the more the Lord sends him comfort in his sorrows. Of course, the Lord often intentionally gives a person sorrows, but I am convinced that if you really trust God, He will never leave you alone with problems.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Пятница, 17.12.2021, 22:21

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 219 (St. Nikon of Optina)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024