Суббота, 11.05.2024, 11:04
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 219 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 219 (St. Nikon of Optina)
Quote 219
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 09.10.2021, 01:53 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
There is not, never has been, nor ever will be a place on the earth without sorrows. A place without sorrows can only be in the heart, when the Lord is in within it.

St. Nikon of Optina

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:31 | Сообщение # 16
Сержант
I absolutely agree with St. Nikon here, and what I’m going to say might repeat some of my thoughts on quote 213, but that is inevitable. After all, these are in essence the same two pieces of wisdom, and just like any true wisdom they are delightfully simple and necessitate repetition. And I don't think there can be anything more basic, more obvious to our existence than the fact that this world is imperfect. It might have been perfect once, being God's creation, but since then it has been corrupted, and at St. Nikon puts it, it is full of sorrows. I think that it is necessary to be able to see the pure, good, uncorrupted sides of the world, full of God and good, or otherwise we might fall prey to a rather gnostic picture of the world. But of course, the sorrows of the world are not something that one can simply ignore. They grind on us and wear our earthly vessel thin. This is why I agree with St. Nikon that we should look inside of us, to find the only true shelter from these sorrows. After all, didn't the Saviour say 'For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you'? It is when we truly take a deep look inside of ourselves, will we find the Lord and His kingdom.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 22:59 | Сообщение # 17
Подполковник
The words of St. Nikon of Optina are close to me. Our world is full of chaos, evil and vanity. Injustice happens every day. Many people are restless, traumatized, saddened and lonely, which is why they can do evil to others. Often fear and the desire to protect themselves guide them. They cannot find peace and harmony. Many drown out emptiness and pain with money and earthly pleasures. However, this does not give them happiness and peace, because they don’t have God in their hearts, they don’t have love and support. Our adversities can be overcome only by faith, the perfection of our spiritual life, because only in God we can find solace.

valpet251Дата: Среда, 30.03.2022, 13:25 | Сообщение # 18
Лейтенант
On the whole I can agree with the opinion of Saint Nikon of Optina. There are a lot of reasons for sorrows in our world: diseases, wars, catastrophes. A lot of people are dying and suffering. All people almost always experience some difficulties and sorrows. A lot of people can't overcome sorrows and begin to get discouraged. But God can help us and He really wants to help us. We need to just be with Him all the time, never forget about Him, always pray to Him.  Only with God can we cope with sorrows.

I believe that the only place without grief and sorrows is the Heavenly Kingdom. And trying to reach It we should go with God and ask Him for help and for strength not to fall into despondency which is a very serious sin.

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Четверг, 05.05.2022, 11:32

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 219 (St. Nikon of Optina)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024