Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 218
Metropolitan Gregory (Postnikov) of St. Petersburg

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 27.04.2024, 16:28
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 218 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 218 (Metropolitan Gregory (Postnikov) of St. Petersburg)
Quote 218
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 01.10.2021, 15:17 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Love overcomes all obstacles; for it, everything difficult is easy, everything unpleasant is pleasant, and everything heavy is light.

Metropolitan Gregory (Postnikov) of St. Petersburg

tukova0306Дата: Понедельник, 04.10.2021, 10:45 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
I completely agree with this statement. Love can overcome all obstacles and nothing is impossible for it. Love is the greatest power and gift given to each of us by God. This is something that no one can take away from us except ourselves. It makes us stronger and allows us to be ourselves.  Once at a sermon in the church I heard that love and freedom go together. I think that's exactly what it is. And that the statement I heard correlates well with what Metropolitan Gregory said. Indeed, if a person does not grow up and does not live in love, then this is not a free person. Only love liberates a person and only in it he can find happiness. When annoyed, you carry a heavy burden inside your heart but when you approach everything with love, you experience the state described by Metropolitan Gregory. It is not easy but if one practises it and asks God to help them in it, then they will succeed in it.  For me love is a state of happiness. And when you are really happy, you can overcome all the challenges and obstacles.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 06.10.2021, 01:57

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 04.10.2021, 19:22 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
This phrase is most wonderful and true one. As human life experience shows, all drawbacks can be overlooked under the chants of love. If a person loves another one, he can turns blind eye on another’s imperfections and it can be the first step for strengthening relationships and maybe for changing of a bad person’s quality. Of course, this person might know the fact that he is accepted the way he is, but if he really loves his neighbor he will be definitely eager to be the best version of himself. Moreover, many conflicts in family could be avoided because of the power of love as “Love covers over all wrongs”.

God Himself according to His loving-kindness sent His only Son to be sacrificed in order to safe humanity despite the sinful human nature.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Среда, 06.10.2021, 19:17

tsumskaa30Дата: Вторник, 05.10.2021, 14:18 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Love is the most powerful thing in the world.
It can change a person completely.
 But what is love? To my mind, love is the purpose of our life. We were born to love because the Lord gave us this commandment as the most vital of all. It means that we should love God and our neighbours.

Firstly, let’s think of the love to the Lord. God loves us so much as no human being can do. His love is absolute, we aren’t even able to imagine it. Only some elders could realise it, and that’s why they wept for their sins glorifying the merciful Lord. Christians are sure that nothing can put obstacles in the way of God’s love. I suppose that Apostle Paul mentioned the same idea in his Epistle to the Romans: ‘For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord’ (Rom. 8:38-39). That explains why many Christian martyrs were ready to suffer in the name of the Lord, why hermits limited themselves in food and sleep and performed exploits, why saints struggled in the cause of God. I suppose that they did such things because they were given the grace of God, they had a true love.

Secondly, let’s discuss the task that is not least – love to our neighbours. We can certainly claim that it is our Christian mission in this world. We are social creatures and only few of us can be hermits. The absolute majority chooses family life or at least life in society. Why do we do that? Because the Lord has made so that we can be happy and satisfied only if we love someone. When we have the feeling of love, we forget ourselves, we are ready to sacrifice our own comfort for our neighbour’s sake. In contrast, if a person is not in this state, he can’t even make a minimal effort to help the needy, for example, to let an elderly person or a pregnant woman go ahead of him in the queue. Consequently, love gives us some extra power. The more we give, the more we get from our Lord.

Therefore, I absolutely agree with Metropolitan Gregory’s statement.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Суббота, 06.11.2021, 09:58

danil_naydenovДата: Среда, 06.10.2021, 23:06 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
The most important commandments of Christ speak for themselves, for He said: “You shall love the Lord your God”, and also “You shall love your neighbour as yourself”. Of course it may sound easy, but the fulfillment of these commandments takes plenty of patience and mercy, for love is not such an easy thing. As I have already said a couple of times, love is always labour. And we all know this famous quote from the Scripture: “Faith without works is dead”. But, as I see it, the most important labour is the inner labour. We must strive to preserve it, for people have this divine spark inside of them. Our soul, which is given by God, can be an endless source of love for Him, for life, and for all beings in the world. And love in our soul is not only endless, but also boundless and all-conquering. This is exactly what metropolitan Gregory of St. Petersburg was talking about when he said that love overcomes all obstacles.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 17:22

antonryadinskiДата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 13:21 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Love is God Himself. In the Old Greek language the word "love" is divided into many words with different meanings. But in the Gospel we can find the word "Agape" (ἀγάπη) which means the highest form of love, the love for God and humankind.

There are famous lines from the New Testament written by Paul the Apostle - the thirteenth chapter of the First Corinthians. The chapter is completely devoted to the meaning of love. But we can compare verses 4-7 with what Metropolitan Gregory (Postnikov) has written.  To me they seem to be slightly similar, so I can agree with him.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 12:46

salomiagudovaДата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 16:30 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I fully agree with Metropolitan Gregory. God is love and so it is only natural that love overcomes all obstacles. If you have love in your life, you have a source of happiness and strength. For example, if you have a loving family, you can always find support even in the darkest days. You can overcome any difficulty.

But love can help you overcome obstacles not only when it comes from other people but also when it comes from you. For example, when a member of your family is being rude to you, love will help you overlook it. You won’t let this incident mean something unpleasant. Because you love that person you won’t be angry with them, or at least not for very long. And if you learn to love everyone, not only those close to you (though I think that only saints can do that) then your every interaction with people will be pleasant and easy.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 16:30

dolysovacomДата: Среда, 20.10.2021, 22:08 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
I absolutely agree with the words of Metropolitan Gregory. But through love for your neighbor you learn how to love God. It is impossible to love God if you despise your neighbors. «Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their  brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister» (John 4:20-21).

And this is what the Saints teach us. From the life of Matrona of Moscow we know that she had difficult trials. As a child she was teased by her peers and as an adult people continued to bully her. But Matrona did not hold a grudge against people, continuing to endure and pray to God for them. And now a lot of people come to her relics with hope of receiving consolation and being saved.

Another example is that Seraphim of Sarov, after strangers beat him, prayed for them. And then his abusers came to him to ask for forgiveness.

So, the point is that thanks to love you can go through any trials, because God is Love.

Audio

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Вторник, 30.11.2021, 21:51

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 18:36 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
I agree with the idea of Metropolitan Gregory. In my understanding, love drives everything in the world. Because of love, the Lord accepted death and rose for us. And because of the love of God, people improve themselves and improve their spiritual life.

I know from my own experience how love can save a person. This is not passion and not lust, not infatuation, it's completely different. This feeling is not necessarily for a man, not necessarily for a human being, it can be just a love for life, for your craft or something else. This is the energy that makes me carry on.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:36

zhuravleva369Дата: Воскресенье, 21.11.2021, 23:55 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I fully agree with Metropolitan Gregory's opinion. Nowadays the concept of love has been changed completely. There are many theories and opinions that come from egocentrism. They teach us that there is someone perfect who will love us, but they do not say that you should be that person who loves your life partner or your friends despite all the difficulties. Everyone wants to have perfect parents, perfect friends, perfect husband or wife, but no one wishes to be a perfect son or daughter, a perfect friend, and a perfect spouse. Of course, there are some exceptions and I would call these exceptions true love. I believe that only self-sacrificing love can "overcome all obstacles".

In addition, I would like to mention that popular concepts of self-love and self-care can be pretty dangerous. In my opinion, they can lead to consumer attitude to the people around and excessive expectations.

vernik04Дата: Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 23:30 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I absolutely agree with Metropolitan Gregory's statement. Love is the most powerful source in the world. It gives people strength to face and overcome obstacles. Love makes people's souls better, it defeats lie, it supports people in difficult situations. True love can conquer all and save the world.
Furthermore, God is love. Our Lord truly loves all people, He gives hope and comforts. Nothing is impossible for Him. Nothing is impossible for love. Only with love and God people can beat all unpleasant, difficult and heavy things in this world.

In other words, people have to seek for love and God, because, in my opinion, that is the aim of our life.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Пятница, 03.12.2021, 15:13

7109633Дата: Среда, 01.12.2021, 20:27 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I fully agree with this quote by Metropolitan Gregory. It is such a coincidence that just today I came across a post of an artist who pronounced the same idea. It sounded like "In my tough times I remind myself of the fact that love is stronger than fear. This phrase helps me a lot when fear and grief are overwhelming me".  And I'm sure that this is true for all of us.

And I agree with Ann's opinion about the issues she was considering in the previous commentary. But also nowadays it is rarely viewed beyond the love of your family or loved one, or self-love. It is bad in a sense that there are far more forms love can be introduced in. Having love in your life means as well having something you love to do, your aims and interests, happy moments, love as patience and compassion towards different people. It is about knowing that you are loved and this love supports you (although usually this type is hardly remembered or noticed by people, which is sad). Feeling comfortable at home or somewhere else, being satisfied with the work you've done, being proud of someone and glad with their happiness. Love is in far more things and this is vital to remember that it is around.

Audio

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Суббота, 04.12.2021, 19:42

bondarenkodv7Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:26 | Сообщение # 13
Лейтенант
I wholeheartedly agree with Metropolitan Gregory’s statement. Love does indeed overcome all the obstacles mentioned in this quote because each one of those obstacles comes from the person’s thinking about themselves and their own needs and wishes. All of those words – “difficult, unpleasant, heavy” – don’t mean “impossible” but rather
“quite uncomfortable, undesirable to do, as it would put myself outside of my comfort zone”.

But the essence of true love is putting the needs of a loved one over your own, giving rather than receiving. If you have true love in you then your happiness is no longer tied to your own comfort but to that of your loved one. And this renders all the obstacles mentioned above irrelevant, as you don’t worry about your comfort anymore if what you’re doing brings comfort to people you love.

Daniil Bondarenko

lopatinavarvaraДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 21:29 | Сообщение # 14
Лейтенант
It seems to me that there is no person who would disagree with this statement of Metropolitan Gregory of St. Petersburg. Love is a very strong feeling. Love, whatever it is, helps a person in difficult situations not to lose heart, to look only ahead, successfully overcome difficulties or not notice them at all. The stronger, the deeper the feeling, the stronger the person. We can see an incredibly large number of examples of such love in literature, and even more in real life. Love gives birth to an uncontrollable desire in us to do acts of genuine kindness. The whole world around a person in love seems beautiful and significant. Even everyday routine becomes important and even pleasant and is performed with some special ease. No wonder love is considered the elixir of life - it awakens the hidden forces of man. The love of Romeo and Juliet shows us that despite all the difficulties standing in the way of the two lovers did not prevent them from being together. So don't underestimate the power of love.

Сообщение отредактировал lopatinavarvara - Среда, 08.12.2021, 15:49

nastenatlt98Дата: Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:11 | Сообщение # 15
Сержант
I fully agree with the opinion of Metropolitan Gregory (Postnikov). I immediately remember the "Hymn of Love" by the Apostle Paul. Indeed, love overcomes all obstacles, for God Himself is Love. Of course, it is much easier to love friends, good people around you than enemies and sick people. But I think if we strive to forgive each other's shortcomings, if we try to treat our neighbors not with condemnation, but with love, over time the Lord will soften our hearts and perhaps give us the greatest gift of love.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 218 (Metropolitan Gregory (Postnikov) of St. Petersburg)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024