Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 217
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 02:07
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 217 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 217 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 217
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 25.09.2021, 12:53 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Remember that the Lord is in every Christian. When your neighbour comes to you, always have great respect for him, because the Lord is in him, and often expresses his will through him.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 27.09.2021, 17:47 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I suppose that The Lord can act not only through Christians but also through catechumens. There are no obstacles for His will. Moreover, every man’s soul is a Christian one in origin as God made man in His image and after His likeness. Nevertheless, every Christian can bear life-giving Christ Himself after receiving Holy Communion. Your neighbours are the closest people to you and your true character can be revealed after communication with them. And if you want to be not like those scribes and Pharisees who were kind only to those who loved them and would always flatter Jews, but a real Christian, you should learn to respect absolutely everybody starting with the closest ones…

By the way, is your neighbor a family member, a relative? No. It is he who you can share your love and care with. That means – absolutely everybody. Furthermore, if God see a person with a pure heart, with the readiness for helping, He will absolutely open His will to such one.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Пятница, 05.11.2021, 15:57

antonryadinskiДата: Понедельник, 27.09.2021, 22:07 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I absolutely agree with this quotation. Here we can see an interpretation of the words of Jesus (Matt. 25:37-40). But Righteous John added that the Lord «expresses his will through him». That’s also a very interesting suggestion I can’t disagree with. We Christians believe that Christ doesn’t give direct answers to the prayers but He can open His will through a particular situation. And as a variant, we can understand His will through helping other people.

The only thing that I want to add, that we Christians should help not only other Christians but everyone despite one’s religious view. I think God can open His will through every man. At least, we shouldn’t act badly (Matt 5:44)

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:09

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 29.09.2021, 19:35 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
After reading this quote I recall a story about a widow who gave shelter to a poor pilgrim though she wasn’t rich too. She was warm-hearted and merciful, ready to sacrifice herself for the sake of the needy. Only after the poor man left her house, she realised that it was Christ who appeared to her in the image of the pilgrim.

This is a remarkable example for all Christians. Our neighbours’ benefit should be our priority. The familiar situation is when a Christian is praying and somebody disturbs him from this pious deed. Then he becomes irritated considering that this person is his enemy, he refuses to listen to him. However, the neighbour who distracted the Christian may be sent from God to give him an opportunity to express his brotherly love. By refusing to help his friend the Christian commits a sin.

Apostle John in his First Epistle confirms: “Whoever does not love abides in death” (1 John 3:14). I suppose that it’s because if a man dislikes another person, it means that he doesn’t love the image of the Lord in him, therefore, he has no love for God. So I absolutely agree with righteous John, wonderworker of Kronstadt.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Суббота, 06.11.2021, 09:55

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 03.10.2021, 17:35 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
I fully agree with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. Yes, indeed, the Lord is in every Christian. “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26-29). And so when our neighbour comes to see us, we should always have great respect for them, because the Lord is in them and can express His will through them. Sometimes that person can actually be the Lord Himself and one such example is described in the essay above mine. Of course, I doubt that we will be worthy enough to experience anything like the case mentioned above during our earthly life. But keeping in mind that we could meet the Lord Himself can be a great way to make sure that we are respectful to our neighbour.

I would only add to what Righteous John said that we should be respectful not only to Christians but to everyone. Not only because it’s the right thing to do but also because God is in every person despite their religion as man was created in God’s image, after God’s likeness.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Понедельник, 22.11.2021, 22:18

tukova0306Дата: Понедельник, 04.10.2021, 10:43 | Сообщение # 6
Лейтенант
God loves everyone in the whole world. And His merciful love extends to everyone, not just to Orthodox Christians. The main thing is that in God’s eyes everyone is equal. He loves us all equally. And God wants all His children to be with him and He never renounces anyone and always grants forgiveness. So we ordinary people have no right to judge and condemn others. I don't remember the exact quote but one priest said that sometimes our neighbours who we might not like or respect because of their behaviour are our mirror which shows our secret weaknesses or transgressions and helps us notice and work on them. They help us to apply the words of God in practice. For example, my sister might annoy me because she is so loud and disturbing sometimes and, thus, she gets on my nerves. However, instead of being irritated, I pray for her and feel comfort and love for her. We are all weak and can be annoying but God created all of us with His Love and after His own Image. So what right do I have not to love and forgive my little sister? And at the same time, I myself might annoy someone. So we should try to see the image of God in every person and try to serve God through serving people.

mariabrkДата: Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 15:18 | Сообщение # 7
Сержант
I cannot agree more with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. When I was younger, I was worried about and felt sorry for the people I met even for the blink of an eye because the idea to see the Lord in every person was constantly on my mind. It helped me a lot despite the fact that it's incredibly difficult. As I was getting older, I accepted the fact that God acts through people and He sometimes shows us our misdoings through our neighbours. And yet in some cases, it's impossible for us, weak Christians, to show such love and respect even for our relatives when they are selfish and malevolent. Every Christian is bound to have their own Golgotha and it might be their relationship with the relatives. Thus, it's essential for us to remember the words of Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, who really loved God and people, and ask God for help in putting these words into life.

danil_naydenovДата: Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 16:56 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
Not only have we examples of God sending His angels in the guise of people (Genesis 19:1-3), but we also, as Righteous John said, must see every human being as equal to us in every way. As the angels were sent to Lot to warn him about the wrath of God which was to fall on the shoulders of the people of Sodom, every person which comes to our life is sent to us by God with some purpose. Either to bring us love and happiness, or to test our own love for God and our neighbour. And, as we treat His commandments, we must treat His will, for His will is in everything. Thus, be it joy or hardship brought to us by another, we should treat it with love and respect, as we treat God in His every single manifestation.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 16:57

dolysovacomДата: Среда, 20.10.2021, 22:06 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
Yes, I agree with this statement. We see evidence  in support of this quote in the Gospel. The Lord Himself tells us how to love our neighbor, because what we do for our neighbor we do for the Lord Jesus Christ himself. I am reminded of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus. Lazarus is a poor man who was lying near the gate of a rich man and it would have been enough for him to eat crumbs from the table of the rich man, but no one gave him. «There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores» (Luke 16: 19-21).

In my view, God showed His Will through this poor man. If the rich man had taken pity on the poor one, had fed and warmed him up, then God, in His turn, would have taken pity on the rich man and let him come to the Kingdom.

So, the point is that we should learn how to love our neighbors, and then we will be able to love our Heavenly Father.

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Вторник, 30.11.2021, 21:49

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 02:49 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
The simple truth conveyed to us by Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, would seem to be obvious. However, many of us forget about it. But how much better our life would be if everyone remembered and revered the image of God in their neighbor! There would be no contempt, hatred, racism and sexism, only mutual love, respect and gratitude. But, for lack of sensitivity and humility, we prefer to forget that each of us, even the most despicable, is created in the Image of God. Gradually, step by step, we must correct ourselves by doing works of mercy. Then the Lord will send us strength for this difficult path and wisdom to see His will.

I agree with the opinion of Righteous John. If you remember the image of God in your neighbor and yourself, it is almost impossible to make things wrong.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

zhuravleva369Дата: Пятница, 19.11.2021, 23:28 | Сообщение # 11
Лейтенант
I can fully agree with Righteous John's opinion. From my experience, it is a very good way to learn how to love people around you. We live in a big and fast-moving world where we all irritate and bother each other many times a day. Sometimes it can be difficult to accept people around us. But Jesus said to the people and the disciples: "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in" (Mt. 25:34-35). He meant Himself living in all the poor and sick people who received help.

I can say that this approach helped me a lot as it was pretty hard for me to love even my relatives. Nevertheless, when I remember who created all of us and who lives in each of us I feel the power to do some good deeds, to forgive, and to think of other people.

Сообщение отредактировал zhuravleva369 - Суббота, 27.11.2021, 00:28

vernik04Дата: Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 23:34 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
St. John's words are difficult not to be agreeable with. It applies to Jesus Christ's words: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me” (Matt.25:40). Indeed, God is in every person. Jesus Christ says in the Holy Gospel that God comes to us not by Himself, but through other people that we have to treat like we would treat God. We should respect and love every person like true Christians. We cannot meet God personally, but we can receive the answers to our questions through our neighbours. They carry God's will in themselves unaware of this. We encounter every person not accidentally, but by God's will. Thus we should always keep in mind that the Lord is closer than we think - He's in each neighbour of ours.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Пятница, 03.12.2021, 15:06

valpet251Дата: Вторник, 30.11.2021, 02:43 | Сообщение # 13
Лейтенант
I certainly agree with the statement. The Lord, being love Himself (John 4:8), calls us to love God and people (Mark 12:30-31). The Holy Righteous John of Kronstadt explains to us that the Lord often expresses his will through people we meet in life, therefore respect and attention to one's neighbour should be conditioned not only by the desire to fulfill the commandment of love, but also we understand that every person is a creation of God, and that the Lord did not accidentally send this person to us.

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Вторник, 30.11.2021, 02:44

7109633Дата: Пятница, 03.12.2021, 14:00 | Сообщение # 14
Лейтенант
I can relate to the idea of St. John, but the part about the will of God should be taken with some consideration. All the people have corrupted nature and obviously not only the will of God can be expressed through us. Our sins, our bad thoughts created by the ill part of a human being can leek through our mouth in order to corrupt more people.

But indeed being open to people, to the world means being open to the Lord. And as it once was proclaimed for any person "who hath ears to hear, let him hear" (Matthew 13:9), those who seek the Lord will hear His very words.

Audio

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Вторник, 07.12.2021, 20:08

bondarenkodv7Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 13:22 | Сообщение # 15
Лейтенант
I agree with Righteous John’s point of view, although I consider it necessary to
clarify how I understand his words as they might be open to misinterpretation. Some
might say that Righteous John unfairly excluded people of other religions, because
the Lord is in them too (as He is omnipresent) and can express His will through them as well.

However, in my opinion, the meaning of this quote is a bit different. By saying that the
Lord is in every Christian, Righteous John means the special relation between God
and Christians. As the Church is often called the body of Christ, every Christian
is like a part of Christ’s body. It implies a different level of relation compared
to non-Christian people, who relate to God just through His omnipresence. This also
explains an emphasis on great respect to each other in the second half of the
quote. I think this quote is especially relevant today, because in modern
society Christians became a minority, so it’s even more important for us to value each other.

Daniil Bondarenko

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 217 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024