Воскресенье, 12.05.2024, 07:39
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 217 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 217 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 217
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 25.09.2021, 12:53 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Remember that the Lord is in every Christian. When your neighbour comes to you, always have great respect for him, because the Lord is in him, and often expresses his will through him.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

lopatinavarvaraДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 20:29 | Сообщение # 16
Лейтенант
I cannot disagree with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. When our fellows come to us, we should always treat them with great respect, because the Lord is in them and can express His will through them. Just as angels were sent to Lot to warn him about the wrath of God that was to fall on the shoulders of the inhabitants of Sodom, so every person who comes into our lives is sent to us by God for some purpose. We should treat everyone with love and respect, regardless of whether this person has brought us happiness and love or some kind of trials. We should try to see the image of God in every person and try to serve God through serving people.

nastenatlt98Дата: Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:23 | Сообщение # 17
Сержант
I agree with the statement of the Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, but still I have some doubts. I don't understand how I should deal with people who beg on suburban trains and the subway. On the one hand, I am not God and have no right to judge these people in any way. But on the other hand, I don't know at all what they want to spend this money on. Perhaps they will buy alcohol or even these people are scammers. So every time I see these people, I have to choose what to do. Perhaps our task is to see the image of Christ in our neighbor and help this person. And how this person will act with money, clothes, food or something else that was given to him is no longer our concern.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:24

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:29 | Сообщение # 18
Сержант
The first thing that comes to mind after reading this quote is, of course, 'love thy neighbour as yourself', one of the most important commandments. Of course, it can be applied in many ways, but I think that the way the Holy John of Kronstadt puts it is one of the simplest, and consequently one of the most profound ones. It can sometimes feel unclear what 'loving one's neighbour' really entails. But understanding that the Lord is in each and every one of us is what helps us understand it. After all, we need to love God and accept God's love for salvation. But we cannot love God without truly and sincerely loving our fellows, our neighbours. Oftentimes loving your neighbour is very difficult, and we often don't realise how much of an obstacle that fact can be to our salvation. This is why, I think, being able to truly follow this commandment is extremely virtuous and is the sign of a strong person.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 23:13 | Сообщение # 19
Подполковник
I cannot agree more with Righteous John. There are a lot of examples showing God's acts and His will proceeding from His slaves servants - very common people. Christ Himself said: "Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me". Moreover, this idea is connected with Christians' readiness for the meeting of the Lord: "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come". A true Christian should be sober and see in every person the liking of God, hear the voice of Him even during the most hideous times. And such outlook give men the light of hope.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 07.03.2022, 17:25

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 217 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024