Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 213
Elder Sergei of Vanves

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 02:03
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 213 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 213 (Elder Sergei of Vanves)
Quote 213
readeralexeyДата: Вторник, 07.09.2021, 23:22 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Almost everyone feels more or less uneasy most of their life in this earthly existence. This is a part of the cross that we all must bear.

Elder Sergei of Vanves

abalakinan27Дата: Четверг, 09.09.2021, 11:39 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I totally agree with this quote, as we are used to complaining about drawbacks of our life regularly. Furthermore, most of us are highly likely to  forget the main point of Christian life during the oppressive times and are ready to become murmuring. But in fact, each of us has their own bearable Cross, and carrying it to the end can lead to The Kingdom of God. As we all know, Christ suffered for us and we should follow his example and learn that "uneasiness" is indivisible from Christian life.

AUDIO

4,5 / 1

zhuravleva369Дата: Понедельник, 13.09.2021, 01:15 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
Actually, I have never thought about the topic in that way, but now I can agree with Sergei of Vanves. And his point of view can be an answer to the questions I asked myself throughout all my life. I believe, all of us asked ourselves such questions. What is the purpose of my life? Why do I feel so strange and awkward in this world? Does everyone feel like that? Why am I to live?

The answer is that our sufferings will end. I hope, we will be with God, in love and peace. However, these thoughts led me to some considerations about people who are in depression or some similar diseases. This approach may help them too. It would be easier if they all believed in God. But it can help even non-believers, provided that they are not suicidal. It may be possible if they have something to cling to in this world. For example, another faith or the love of their family and friends. Nevertheless, I think that the very idea that death is good, and that all people (not only them) feel uneasy in this world, should cheer them up.

As for Christians, it will be useful for us to remember that these feelings are really a part of our cross, and since it is given to all people, we have the strength to cope with it.

Сообщение отредактировал zhuravleva369 - Суббота, 27.11.2021, 00:25

tsumskaa30Дата: Понедельник, 13.09.2021, 20:22 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
People face various kinds of troubles during all their life. Many of them find this earthly existence extremely hard and unbearable. Nevertheless, others compare our life to a piano which consists of white and black keys just as human path includes both joys and griefs. And without these components it’s impossible to create true music and harmony, as well as there is no way to fulfil God’s will without enduring some misfortunes.

I suppose that it is natural that we, Christians, meet some uneasiness or griefs. Those who suffer recall God more often, they pray earnestly and hope for our Saviour with all their heart. But the thought that it is according to the Lord’s will comforts us. For the Lord Himself told us: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy” (John 16:20). Many of my parents’ friends were converted to Christianity after years of adversity.

Moreover, only those who manage to endure all misfortunes patiently and without grumbling at the same time, may be saved by God. The more hardships a person has in this world, the more blissful he will be in the Kingdom of Heaven. It is remarkable that in the Beatitudes Jesus Christ states that blessed are those who suffer, who mourn and who are persecuted (Matthew 5:3-11).

Therefore, I fully agree with the statement written by Elder Sergei of Vanves.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 19:18

valpet251Дата: Вторник, 14.09.2021, 13:51 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
I fully agree with the quote by the elder Sergei of Vanves. We know that our world, created by God, is corrupted by original sin, through which death, disease and strife entered the world.

Therefore, we cannot be completely happy in it, knowing about sin and seeing its manifestations every day. I think that St. Sergius reminds us that we must treat worldly problems and sufferings with an understanding of the corruption and imperfection of our world, and strive with all our soul and heart for Eternal life and for seeing God in the Heavenly.

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Вторник, 14.09.2021, 13:52

lopatinavarvaraДата: Среда, 15.09.2021, 20:16 | Сообщение # 6
Лейтенант
I totally agree with the words of Elder Sergei of Vanves. It may be hard for us to live on this earth, with all our weaknesses and constraints. But we must be humble and not complain, because it is an inevitable part of our earthly live. We must not weep, nor mourn while bearing our cross, because God Himself sacrificed His own Son for our salvation. And this constant uneasiness is no more than a challenge, given to us to help us reveal our true spiritual power and faith. We all know about lives of many martyrs, whose crosses were much heavier than ours, but we must not underestimate our daily challenge before the face of God. «Bearing one’s cross» means also paying attention to small details of our daily lives, to our deeds and, most importantly, to our thoughts.

Сообщение отредактировал lopatinavarvara - Среда, 15.09.2021, 20:16

salomiagudovaДата: Вторник, 21.09.2021, 20:46 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I fully agree with Elder Sergei of Vanves. I think it’s almost impossible to live your life without any negative feelings. In order to achieve such a life you must be as near to God as possible in this world. Only saints can achieve that and we know that even saints weren’t completely at peace with themselves or the world. So it’s only natural that other people, who are no saints, feel more or less uneasy most of their life.

And, yes, this is a part of the cross that we all must bear. Christ didn’t promise us an easy life. Recently we’ve listened to a podcast with Frederica Mathewes-Green in which she talked about “false advertising” of Christianity. She said we shouldn’t attract new members on the basis of fun and entertainment because Christ promised us nothing but a cross in this life. We should remember this and bear our cross with humility.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Вторник, 21.09.2021, 20:47

tukova0306Дата: Понедельник, 04.10.2021, 14:16 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
We all run on our hamster wheel. Everyday we are involved in lots of tasks. But when we come to church, we feel comfort and calmness. I agree with Elder Sergei of Vanves. Sometimes I have a strong feeling that this life is temporary and we prepare ourselves for the everlasting life. During prayer we touch the heavens. But Kingdom of Heaven begins inside us. Not in the future but here and now. Our life is full of impiety and wickedness. And our soul feels that it's wrong and has to deal with it. Only Love of God and His comforting words help us to live in this earthly existence.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:02

danil_naydenovДата: Среда, 06.10.2021, 22:46 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
Uneasiness is something we all feel during our life, and it is an inevitable part of our punishment here, on earth. This punishment first fell on the heads of Adam and Eve, making their lives harsh, cold, and full of pain (comparing to the life in Eden). Suffering is in our nature, for the Lord punished our ancestors for the violation of His commandment. But God Himself became human for us, He took His cross and told us to take up our own and to follow. Our cross is just being human, living our life and taking all the hardships, whether big or small, with humbleness and love for God and for each other. And I will never become tired of reminding that it relates to small deeds as well as to big ones. Your words and especially your thoughts are what really makes you a Christian.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Четверг, 04.11.2021, 13:19

mariabrkДата: Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 15:44 | Сообщение # 10
Сержант
I absolutely agree with Elder Sergei of Vanves. I can say from my own experience that it's so relevant for me. I get depressed when I think about my health issues (the amount of money that has been spent on them) because it's only for this earthly life. I don't know how long my time here will be but I see how hard my parents work to pay for some issues that are more aesthetic. It's frustrating. Moreover, I am thankful to God that our life now is only a preparatory phase before entering eternal life when I become fully aware of injustice and wickedness happening around us. It's beyond my understanding how gluttonous a judge is to sentence a decent man who protected his little daughter from a drunk man and by accident killed that drunk man. The family (his wife and 2 wonderful kids) is left without their breadwinner because of that wicked man. That's so unfair that a human soul can't bear it. And Elder Sergei of Vanves is so right when he calls it 'the cross that we all must bear'. And yet we live in hope of God's eternal life and care because He is the One who is compassionate and merciful and we put our trust in God.

antonryadinskiДата: Понедельник, 18.10.2021, 22:22 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
We are all subject to the Original sin. That means that human life is fragile and our existence is perishable. We have illnesses, passions, our bodies are aging, we lose our beauty and in the end we die. What is the point of such life? One of the most famous philosophers of the XX century (Albert Camus) compared life with the Myth of Sisyphus - people are doomed to push a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

But the philosophical idea of Camus is really depressive, though the comparison is very good. But we Christians believe in everlasting life. The life on earth is a really small period of time. We must bear our cross and never throw it away, despite how heavy it is! Thus, I can agree with the quotation of Sergei of Vanves.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 12:39

dolysovacomДата: Вторник, 02.11.2021, 16:21 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I absolutely support the idea of Elder Sergei of Vanves. God said similar words to Adam and Eve when He expelled them from Paradise. “By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return”. (Genesis 3:19)

Jesus himself was a carpenter. And most of the Saints patiently bore their crosses with hard work and unceasing prayer. For example, from the life of Sergius of Radonezh we learn that he built a monastery among the forests, in which many people paved the way for their salvation and became monks. In other words, it is our duty to follow the examples of their holy life.

We know from the Gospel that we are free, and we must choose the path of salvation, and in order to let Jesus into our lives, we must at least begin to work a little and try to be closer to the teaching that Christ left for us. So he will come into our lives and help us carry our crosses.

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Среда, 24.11.2021, 16:30

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 01:16 | Сообщение # 13
Полковник
I agree with the opinion of Elder Sergei of Vanves. During our earthly life, we are condemned destined to undergo many kinds of suffering. We suffer from diseases, from the imperfections of our bodies, from the injustice of the authorities, from unfavorable weather and dangerous nature. However the worst, the most inescapable of our suffering is our eternal uneasiness. We cannot be absolutely and unconditionally happy, we cannot spend a single minute in peace of mind. What is it but the longing of the soul for its true homeland, the Heavenly Kingdom? We are not just doomed, we have to feel uneasy - it's natural. However, by God's mercy, one day we will return to our "homeland", where sorrow and pain (and uneasiness) are no more.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Пятница, 05.11.2021, 13:16

7109633Дата: Суббота, 27.11.2021, 17:42 | Сообщение # 14
Лейтенант
I absolutely agree with the words of the elder Sergei of Vanves. To my mind it is hardly possible that anyone would not agree with that idea. Even those who may claim that they are enjoying their lives would not say that they are not acquainted with uneasiness or that they have never experienced it.

Considering the second sentence, I can say that it is just the thought that I worked out when we were thoroughly studying the basics of religious doctrines and the Scripture. Our corrupted nature, sins and weaknesses influence our lives and it is obvious that uneasiness is one of the ways they do. Thus, it is indeed a part of the cross we all must bear.

Audio

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Суббота, 04.12.2021, 19:43

vernik04Дата: Понедельник, 29.11.2021, 23:33 | Сообщение # 15
Подполковник
I fully agree with Elder Sergei's words. Our life on earth is not for our happiness and comfort. After exile from paradise people lost the feeling of bliss. They became mortal, started aging, their life was full of sorrows, illnesses, pain. People cannot change the way life is, because the mark of the original sin will remain with us until the end of the world. No wonder we feel more or less uneasy. Our life is full of obstacles that we face every day. We live in the imperfect world as we have lost the perfect one. We must bear the consequences of the first people's actions, but we cannot be hopeless. We have a chance to come back to Heaven, to be with God again. To do that we must carry our crosses properly, praying to the Lord so that He would help us to overcome our difficult and uneasy life.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Пятница, 03.12.2021, 15:12

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 213 (Elder Sergei of Vanves)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024