Воскресенье, 12.05.2024, 10:43
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 213 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 213 (Elder Sergei of Vanves)
Quote 213
readeralexeyДата: Вторник, 07.09.2021, 23:22 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Almost everyone feels more or less uneasy most of their life in this earthly existence. This is a part of the cross that we all must bear.

Elder Sergei of Vanves

alekssander-com29Дата: Четверг, 02.12.2021, 13:57 | Сообщение # 16
Подполковник
To start with, I completely agree with Elder Sergei of Vanves and find his saying quite reasonable. We all have various troubles and difficulties during our earthly life. Somebody has to struggle against sickness, poverty, starvation, etc. All these troubles seem to us some kind of burden that we hope to throw off one day, but when this relief happens, there comes some other crucibles and it all repeats on and on.

As Elder Sergei of Vanves says, difficulties pursue us during the whole our life. Through them God shapes us and leads our souls to salvation. As Orthodoxy teaches, this earthly life is a preparation for the heavenly one. So, this preparation comes through bearing our cross until the very end, for «He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved». (Mark 13:13)
--
Дяченко Александр.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 22:23

bondarenkodv7Дата: Пятница, 03.12.2021, 21:45 | Сообщение # 17
Лейтенант
I completely agree with Elder Sergei. Man was created by God with a purpose to be near Him and to directly talk to Him. After the first sin human beings were exiled from paradise and were not able to fulfill that purpose to such a degree anymore. This remains true to this day, as our souls throughout our earthly lives crave to be with God and ache because we are farther from Him than we were intended to be.

It is very important for a Christian to remember the origin of this uneasiness, because it helps to fight desperation by reminding him that he will be relieved from this state once he reunites with God. Elder Sergei confirms it, as he calls this feeling “a part of the cross that we all must bear”. I think this quote is very reassuring, and I will definitely save it for a time when I start feeling uneasy too.

Daniil Bondarenko

Сообщение отредактировал bondarenkodv7 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 18:45

nastenatlt98Дата: Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:30 | Сообщение # 18
Сержант
In fact, I really like this statement of Elder Sergei of Vanves. Very often, when a series of failures occurs in a person's life, he gets upset and, unfortunately, forgets that failures, as well as good events, are sent to us by God. I think it's perfectly normal when a person gets upset and worries when he feels bad, because we are living beings, not robots. But you do not need to fall into despair and constantly feel guilty, you need to try to accept this difficulty with humility and calmness. I know from my own experience that it is easier said than done. However, I think the secret lies in understanding that when difficulties are sent to us, we do not become bad or miserable people because of it. We need these difficulties for something, the main thing is to try to understand with the help of God what we need it for.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:31

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:26 | Сообщение # 19
Сержант
I think that I do agree with Elder Sergei’s words. Our sinful lives and the Fall of Man itself are things that inevitably take toll upon us. I do believe, however, that this ‘uneasiness’ that is so integral to our existence, is not to be overestimated. In, admittedly, Catholic teaching, ‘sloth’, (which is not to be misunderstood as simple laziness — what they say about it is that it ‘goes so far to refuse joy from God and is repelled by goodness’, making it a quality more akin to sorrow or even depression) is one of the deadly sins. This ‘uneasiness’ is essential to our earthly existence,  but I think that there is a real, ever-looming danger of falling under the weight of this cross. This blue tinge of uneasiness is ever-present, but we must not let it distract our attention from what is good in the world, which is full of beauty and God’s grace. Sloth is what happens when we let our guard down and let this feeling overpower us. I think that keeping God in your mind, knowing that He is always with you is the most important thing and is the true counterweight to this.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 22:57 | Сообщение # 20
Подполковник
Without sad moments, we will not appreciate the bright and happy sides of our life. We just won't have anything to compare it with. We must also understand that all the adversities we go through are the will of God. Humility is something very difficult for most of us, but we must overcome our pride and selfishness. We must also remember that earthly life is only the beginning, because if we go through all the difficulties of earthly life with dignity and faith, then unity with the Lord and eternal life awaits us.

posternaksophieДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 14:50 | Сообщение # 21
Подполковник
I definitely agree with Saint Sergei. Actually, I would go even deeper and say that everyone suffers in their earthly existence. These sufferings are unavoidable and it's literally impossible to find a person who hasn't suffered from the loss of the beloved ones, broken heart or other diverse mental or physical illnesses.
So a question inevitably arises: why do we suffer? Why some people suffer more than others and sometimes it seems that some people don't suffer at all? The answer is simple. Firstly, everyone suffers and has their cross. Secondly, those who suffer less are bound to help those who suffer more. In this way people can take part of the sufferings and alleviate other peoples' pain. It is vital, as through our sufferings and through the sufferings of other people we get closer to God.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 15:46

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 213 (Elder Sergei of Vanves)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024