Genesis 24, 42-49 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 24, 42-49
Genesis 24, 42-49
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 16.03.2024, 23:17 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
42 And I came this day unto the well, and said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go:

43 Behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin cometh forth to draw water, and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink;

44 And she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: let the same be the woman whom the LORD hath appointed out for my master's son.

45 And before I had done speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drew water: and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee.

46 And she made haste, and let down her pitcher from her shoulder, and said, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: so I drank, and she made the camels drink also.

47 And I asked her, and said, Whose daughter art thou? And she said, The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands.

48 And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son.

49 And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left.

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 25.03.2024, 19:39 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
deal kindly and truly
A. P. Lopuchin writes: “This is a kind of Hebraism, the meaning of which can be paraphrased as follows: please me too, and save your interests.”

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 26.03.2024, 12:18 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
In this abstract we see the servant of Abraham praying to God. We see that he prays with great humility, as he says even not “my Lord”, but “Lord God of my master Abraham”. His humility reveals also in his words “if now thou do prosper my way which I go…” – by that he shows that he is obedient to the will of God. That is a good example for us how to pray to God.

After this prayer we see how miraculously his appealing was fulfilled, just by his words. And then the servant worships the Lord for His mercy, with great humility again.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Среда, 08.05.2024, 11:22

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 10:54 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
This episode shows us how with the help of our repentance and hope, God performs miracles. If we seek God's blessing with a pure heart, God will help us and guide us to the right path. Sometimes we may think that God does not hear our prayers, that He does not help us, but then we realise that everything is as it should be according to God's will.

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 17:46 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
This passage, in my opinion, reveals the theme of faith, prayer and providence, where God leads a person on the right path, confirming his prayers and blessing his efforts. This passage also emphasizes the importance of faith in God, prayer and faithfulness, and the idea of goodness and kindness.

marichernaya911Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 23:20 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
In these lines we again face the piety and reverence of the servant. With simplicity and sincerity he retells the host the course of his case, all the details, his intentions, expectations and impressions. Then in the following words we see his humility and submission to the will of God: "And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left."

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 24, 42-49
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024