Genesis 24, 22-32 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 24, 22-32
Genesis 24, 22-32
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 02.03.2024, 13:02 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
22 And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

23 And said, Whose daughter art thou? tell me, I pray thee: is there room in thy father's house for us to lodge in?

24 And she said unto him, I am the daughter of Bethuel the son of Milcah, which she bare unto Nahor.

25 She said moreover unto him, We have both straw and provender enough, and room to lodge in.

26 And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD.

27 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

28 And the damsel ran, and told them of her mother's house these things.

29 And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban: and Laban ran out unto the man, unto the well.

30 And it came to pass, when he saw the earring and bracelets upon his sister's hands, and when he heard the words of Rebekah his sister, saying, Thus spake the man unto me; that he came unto the man; and, behold, he stood by the camels at the well.

31 And he said, Come in, thou blessed of the LORD; wherefore standest thou without? for I have prepared the house, and room for the camels.

32 And the man came into the house: and he ungirded his camels, and gave straw and provender for the camels, and water to wash his feet, and the men's feet that were with him.

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 05.03.2024, 09:18 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD.

A. P. Lopuchin comments the extract and writes that having received this last testimony. Eliezer was convinced that his mission was over and, in a fit of fervent gratitude, he prayerfully bowed before the almighty
Providence.

[/color]

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Вторник, 07.05.2024, 14:11

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 11:09 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
These lines remind us to give thanks to God. God has not left master of His mercy and His truth. We must not forget that God loves us all and does not leave us without His love, even when we turn away from Him, He is waiting for us because He is love.

amasaltsevaДата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 00:40 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Here the house of Rebekah's mother, not her father is mentioned as he has had already died. That's why the role of Laban is leading in the story. Although Laban was an idolater (Gen 31:30) as Lopuhin writes, however, being in a kinship with the house of  Abraham, he had not yet managed to lose some traces of true knowledge of God.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 01.05.2024, 23:30

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 18:07 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Reading different passages from the Bible, I always note for myself that this atmosphere of hospitality, reverence and respect is very close and understandable to me. After all, people do not make efforts on themselves to be courteous and polite, they are happy and sincerely demonstrate their good attitude towards each other.

marichernaya911Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 23:07 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
When reading this episode I admire the reverence, modesty and devotion of this servant to his master. After completing the master's errand, the servant thanks God for His mercy to his master. Not even to him, the servant, that he was able to carry out the master's errand. But to God that He arranged everything so that his master's will was fulfilled.

St. Filaret (Drozdov) writes on it: The servant of Abraham thanks God for such a work, which has not yet been brought to an end. But he sees in it the finger of God and therefore does not doubt the successful completion of it.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 24, 22-32
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024