не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 07:21
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 289 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 289 (Bishop Alexis Trader)
Quote 289
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 29.03.2024, 22:16 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
The saints have also found that selfish thoughts, left unchecked, lead a person to sinful acts, passions, habits, and eventually alienation from God and neighbor; whereas godly thoughts, when cultivated, guide a person by the grace of God to virtuous actions, habits, and ultimately purification from the passions, illumination by the Holy Spirit, and deification in Christ.

Bishop Alexis (Trader)

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 02.04.2024, 13:22 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
We should be very careful with our thoughts, thoroughly controlling them. We should distinguish what thoughts are good and what are evil. If we have accepted any bed bad thoughts we should repent immediately in of it and cleanse our heart.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 22:56

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 15.04.2024, 22:56 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
The saints are undoubtedly right. However, I often find it difficult to control my thoughts. But if I think of something bad, I try to switch immediately to something good, because otherwise I can easily sink into bad thoughts and lose faith, hope and love, which are three of the most significant things in the life of every Christian.

marichernaya911Дата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 00:39 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Saint Holy elder Paisius of the Mount Athos is well-known for his teaching about "good thoughts". He says that in every situation of our life we are free to choose, whether we interprete this or that care [?] positively or negatively. For example, intentions of other people, their aims, events of our life, where we should see God's concern about us and praise Him for everything: not only happy moments, but also for sorrows and tribulations.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 23:17

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 25.04.2024, 00:58 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I like the dichotomy given by Bishop Alexis Trader - that of selfishness as the opposite to godly thoughts. Christianity teaches to cast yourself aside, to be absolutely humble as only by humility true Love may be attained. There is no place for egoism in any form here. The greatest commandments given by God are to “love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength” and “love thy neighbour as thyself”. Selfishness brings alienation from God and neighbour, which, as Bishop Alexis mentions, is closely connected with sinful acts.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 23:18

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 17:36 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I think this is a very logical thought. Habit and consistency can be both a bad quality and a very good one that helps a person. After all, when our brain can form the habit of pious, humble and beneficent action, then it will be a little easier for a person to do good deeds and less to do thoughtless and selfish things.Selfishness should be treated very carefully. Healthy selfishness can sometimes help us, but it is very difficult to achieve this. We are all very selfish - it's in our nature, so it's worth fighting and testing ourselves.

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 20:11 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I agree with the idea expressed in the quote by Bishop Alexis (Trader). I think it is obvious to everyone that bad thoughts and impulses lead to sinfulness, and good ones lead to salvation. It seems to me that the main idea of ​​​​this statement is that we must always remember this principle. People are rarely suspicious of their own thoughts and intentions, rarely try to recognize evil seeds in their thoughts. If you forget that your ideas may be wrong and sinful, then it is very easy to become like the Pharisees, who, despite outward diligence, did everything out of pride and arrogance. Awareness and thoughtfulness are very useful and should not be forgotten. I myself sometimes forget that my intentions may not be entirely correct, but I always try to think about all my ambiguous thoughts before confession.

Para Julia

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 23:28 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
It all starts from the inside out. Our actions are a reflection of our thoughts. If we keep our thoughts pure, our actions will be good, if we think selfishly, we will act the same way. Bottom line: watch what you think, then you won't have to watch what you do. ( actually, of course, you have to watch both. )

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 289 (Bishop Alexis Trader)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024