не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 16:06
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 288 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 288 (St. Ignatius Brianchaninov)
Quote 288
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 16.03.2024, 22:44 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Grief has an opposite effect to pleasure; that is why it counteracts our fallen state and promotes our restoration. Because of these properties, sorrow is necessary for our salvation.

St. Ignatius (Brianchaninov)

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 25.03.2024, 12:33 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
In connection with the grief in Moscow, these words could not be more appropriate. Indeed, grief has always brought people together. Firstly, as I have already written in my essays, without bad we cannot understand what is good, without grief we cannot know what is happiness. Secondly, the human heart softens seeing someone else's grief and wants to help. Thirdly, in such difficult moments all people, even the most distant from God and faith, turn to Him. Maybe this is someone's chance to get on the true path. Everything in life is for a reason.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Понедельник, 25.03.2024, 12:34

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 25.03.2024, 18:59 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Truth be told, when I read the quotation for the first time I disagreed with the words of St. Ignatius. I thought: “How can we say grief is necessary, as God is Love and absolute gladness, and freedom, and happiness”. Then I realised I’d missed the main opposition given by St. Ignatius, that of grief and pleasure, which is not the same as happiness. In this case grief and sadness should be distinguished from despondency, which only makes us distinct distant from God, Who is hope.

Grief, indeed, may help us to relieve, to cleanse ourselves. Sadness unites people more than pleasure does. Sadness may help us to understand something truly important and analyse ourselves, it may somehow work as a “trigger”. By that sorrow is indeed necessary for our salvation.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 22:13

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 25.03.2024, 19:48 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
If people were always satisfied, they would not pray to God, they would just live as they want satisfying their desires and passions. If there were nor neither restrictions either nor limitations of their permissiveness, people would forget about God’s commandments, if it weren’t for grief and pain people would not ask God for help and comfort.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 22:16

dawa2311Дата: Четверг, 28.03.2024, 16:23 | Сообщение # 5
Сержант
Grief has an opposite effect to pleasure ; that is why it counteracts our fallen state and promotes our restoration. Because of these proporties, sorrow is necessary for our salvation.  This is the statement of St. Ignatius Brianchaninov. I agree with it and I'll try to explain why.
        It is obvious that people should rejoce and take pleasure. The God likes when  we rejoce Probably, that's why when we go to the liturgy we say: "We are going to the festivity."  Liturgy is the kind of festivity for us. God wants  us to be happy we go to the liturgy and recieve a communion. For being happy we need to take pleasure in different activities because  without taking plesure we won"t be happy.
         However,  there should be mentioned that taking pleasure does have an opposite effect. Constant  taking pleasure corrupts people . They "turn into animals". So, God sends us trials and suffering, so that we could remain people- creatures of God. God created people in equal conditions and we all should get pleasure, grief and suffering. We should remember that each of us is no better than the others . We should take plesure , but also ocercome the difficulties. Moreover, different trials help us to become better. They help us to undersnand what is important and what is not. They help us to separate the important things from unimportant things and the temporary from the eternal. This is the way the grief provides our salvation.

Дарья Ткачёва

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 10:49 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I agree with these words. It seems to me that through grief, God gives us the opportunity to reflect. That is true, because pleasure in turn corrupts the soul. When we live a life of pleasure, we rarely look into ourselves and think about important things.

marichernaya911Дата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 16:36 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
Nowadays there's so much grief in the world: incurable diseases, earthquakes, floods, fires, massacres, suicides... and despite of it people continue to live life lives full of entertainment and fun of any every kind, concerning having concern of themselves only, of their comfort and material well-being. Grief and diseases are taboo topics. We live as if it doesn't they don't exist and we are to live forever.

But the quantity and degree of sorrow grows all over the world. Isn't it a sing of sign from God for us to wake up from our sweet and cozy dream of ignorance and carelessness? Isn't it a reason to think about your life and change something in it? Start thinking about others, help those who is are in need, live in a more simple way, reduce our your demands and share our your extra surplus with those who doesn't don't have necessary things? Isn't it the reason for repentance? I believe that grief is God's invocation for us call to repent and change our life. It cleanses our soul and draws it to the heights of Heaven. That is what we read in The Book of Job (5:6-7): "For distress does not spring from the dust, and trouble does not sprout from the ground. Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward".

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 22:33

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 17:42 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
This quote indicates that grief plays an important role in human life, opposing pleasure and a fallen state. Pleasure can sometimes lead to insanity and loss of reason, while sadness, on the contrary, can lead to reflection, introspection and mental elevation. Sadness helps a person realize their mistakes, overcome difficulties and strive for the best. It stimulates us to develop and grow, to correct our shortcomings and mistakes. Therefore, according to the quote, sadness is necessary for our recovery and salvation.

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 19:59 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
It's a little difficult for me to understand the essence of this quote from St. Ignatius (Brianchaninov). If I correctly understood the idea of ​​this statement, then St. Ignatius meant that a person who lived in bliss on earth and did not know sorrow could not be saved. I think this is the right idea. If a person has not known at least a little sorrow, then he will not be able to sincerely empathize with other people, since he has never been in their place. It is difficult for a person living in bliss to come to the realization of the need for mercy and helping others. Often, a good, sorrowless life can lead to pride, laziness and callousness. This is why tribulation is necessary for salvation. Of course, I would like everyone living on earth to always be happy, but I understand that earthly happiness is nothing compared to salvation and eternal life in Heaven.

Para Julia

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 288 (St. Ignatius Brianchaninov)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024