не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 15:33
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 282 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 282 (Gerondissa Makrina)
Quote 282
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 03.12.2023, 13:48 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
We need to have more prayer, more prostrations, and more self-control for God to have mercy on us.

Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 14:47 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I believe that prayer is a conversation with God that can bring a person closer to God, which is why it is so important to pray every day. Sometimes a person finds comfort in prayer, finds answers to questions that bother him.

tsvioletta17Дата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 15:22 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
As my dad says, just as athletes need regular workouts to keep fit, so a Christian needs to pray regularly. This teaches us to pray and be with God constantly. It also gives us like more time to spend with God, because prayer is a conversation with God.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 18:34

marichernaya911Дата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 17:10 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
The reality of spiritual life is that we cannot achieve anything by ourselves, without God's help. But He respects our freedom, so He waits with giving His help, waits till we show our desire to be with Him. Internally - by fulfilling the commandments, forgiving and praying. Externally - by prostrations, self-control and keeping silence.

Seeing all that, God will give us His mercy and help.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 21:52

yarovaya02Дата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 19:07 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Without any doubt, we have to apply all our strength to suffer till the end: “But he who goes through to the end will get salvation.” And having reached something we shouldn’t stop at this, but we should go forward to be perfect with God’s help: “Be then complete in righteousness, even as your Father in heaven is complete.” (Matthew 5:48)

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Среда, 06.12.2023, 19:08

veronikachernykh15Дата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 23:54 | Сообщение # 6
Майор
I completely agree with this quote, as these are unspoken rules of every Christian. Prayer is an integral part of communication with God, an opportunity not only to acquire grace, but also to get restraint, concentration and meekness in every day life. There is a good expression about prayer by Serafim of Sarov: "Those who have truly decided to serve the Lord God should practice the remembrance of God and uninterrupted prayer to Jesus Christ, mentally saying: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

And self-control is a skill that comes with a great difficulty. We are not always aware of what we've said, expressed emotions, and we do not always see if we have accidentally offended a person. So there is nothing to say about that we may not see the devil in some actions/ thoughts/places/ people, or, on the contrary, the providence of God and grace.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 00:15

sensualpie111Дата: Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 20:37 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
It seems to me that these words of Gerondissa Makrina are certainly true. We must remember God all the time, but often the bustle of everyday life prevents us from doing this. However, sincere prayer, even if not said out loud, can help us think and remember about God more often.

I try to say my prayers more often, such as when I'm worried or lazy, because it helps me feel better. I believe that in our fast life we really lack communication with God, so we should remember to pray more often even on the most ordinary days, and not just when we need something.

Para Julia

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 15:28 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
In this quote Gerondissa Makrina emphasizes the importance of prayer, prostrations, and self-control for spiritual growth and connection with God. These practices cultivate humility, repentance, and a deeper relationship with God, making us more receptive to His mercy. Faith, devotion, and a genuine desire to follow God's will are also crucial elements in our path towards salvation. I totally agree that we should  incorporate these practices into our daily lives to foster spiritual growth.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Среда, 20.12.2023, 15:28

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:42 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
I believe people do need more prayer and prostrations, because we often forget Who made us and Who is our Father. If we do not talk to our parents we became strangers with them. That is not right, we have to try to keep the connection. And prayer is the dialogue with God himself, it is our way to talk to Him. God always wants to take us to the Heaven, but there has to be our effort to save connection with Him. We cannot live without God, and we have to keep him in our life. And we can do it through prayer and prostrations.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:30

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 12:56 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I can feel what Gerondissa Makrina described. Nowadays people have busy lives and we forget to pray, to have a moment in silence, speak with God, thank him. We have freedom and not always use it to become closer to God, sometimes the opposite happens. We are happy, when everything goes with the flow, and forget to be grateful to God for it. But when something bad happens, we always remember about God. The problem is our hypocrisy and egoism. We need listen to Gerondissa Makrina and have more prayer, be humble and ask God to have mercy on us.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 23:10

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:43 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I agree with Gerondissa Makrina. Yes, God’s love for us is eternal and He is always ready to forgive us if we repent sincerely. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16.) This being said, we should not take God’s mercy for granted. We cannot go about our lives without much thought or care about being good Christians and doing what is right, thinking that we still have time to repent and since God loves us, everything will be great. First of all, it is not very smart from a practical point of view because you can die at every moment. But most importantly, with this frame of mind you cannot truly repent. And so, yes, God is merciful but in order to deserve His mercy “we need to have more prayer, more prostrations, and more self-control.”

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Среда, 27.12.2023, 13:56

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 282 (Gerondissa Makrina)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024