не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 17:29
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 280 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 280 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 280
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 18.11.2023, 15:00 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Under no circumstances should you become despondent or lose hope; this is worse than any sin. Such states lead one to spiritual death and even suicide. “There is no sin that cannot be forgiven, except the sin which is not repented of.”

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 20.11.2023, 14:48 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I agree with this quote because it is well known that despondency can hinder connection with God and spiritual growth. One must understand the importance of gratitude and joy despite the difficulties of life. Our faith in God's mercy really helps us to see meaning and hope even in challenging situations. Venerable Seraphim of Sarov said: "Beware of the spirit of despondency, for from it all evil is born".

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 22.11.2023, 21:36 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
I totally agree that despondency and loss of faith are very terrible for any person. A human being in this state of mind is in urgent need of help and support. Very often he does not realise how wrong he is and cannot help himself. For a Christian, such a state is even more terrifying because he no longer sees God as his salvation and consolation.  It can be said that in despondency one falls into faithlessness and often into condemnation of God.  Thus, despondency and loss of faith is a very terrible sin for a Christian.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Среда, 22.11.2023, 21:36

amasaltsevaДата: Пятница, 24.11.2023, 00:11 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I absolutely agree with abbot Nikon. Why can’t we lose hope, why is it sinful? When you are despondent, when you do not hope you do not believe, do not trust the Lord. If your faith is strong, there is room for hope. Hope is what God gives us. That’s the precious gift from that One, who is absolute Love, the One, who never leaves His children.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:07

yarovaya02Дата: Пятница, 24.11.2023, 13:27 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Hope is the assurance of the good outcome of our lives lived by faith in God. Hope is the power of certain conviction that the life built on faith will produce its fruits. Hope is the confidence that, despite all darkness and sin, the light of the loving forgiveness of God is upon us to do with us and for us what we ourselves cannot do.

Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and shield. Yea our hearts are glad in Him, because we trust in His holy name. Let Thy steadfast love, O Lord be upon us, even as we hope in Thee (Ps 33.20–22).

[A borrowed text]

marichernaya911Дата: Среда, 29.11.2023, 23:23 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
"Wait for the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord". These words of the 26th Psalm tell us that hope in God is "good courage" of a Christian.

Often it is easy to believe. Your hope is strong due to the mercies of God and the fulfilment of your desires. But from time to time He examins you: how would you yourself be hopeful and believing when you have difficulties? That tells us of our true Christian qualities. Here we see our mistakes and sins. And sincere repentance as the Sacrament of reconciliation with God can help us return to Christ and hope that everything that happens in our life is for the better.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:01

sasavasl15Дата: Воскресенье, 10.12.2023, 20:16 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I have often wondered why suicide is not forgiven in Christianity. This quote helped me understand that suicide is unrepentant, so it is considered the most terrible sin.

This quote also shows well why confession is needed - because it helps to repent of sins and gives you the opportunity to ask for forgiveness and not return to sin.

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 13:42 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
Honestly I enjoyed the quote by Abbot Nikon Vorobyov and I completely agree with it. I was immediately reminded of the story of the martyr Racha, the robber who was crucified with Christ at his right hand. He believed who Christ really was and in the last minutes of his life he sincerely repented of his sins. Who would have thought that the first soul to enter paradise with Christ would be a robber!

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 00:12

sensualpie111Дата: Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 20:48 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I agree with what Abbot Nikon said because God gives us trials for a reason. God knows how much we can endure and there is a reason for everything. If we lose hope, then we stop believing that God is omniscient. We must trust God and try to endure all difficulties, not forgetting to say prayers of gratitude even in the worst times. If we lose hope, it means that we have forgotten about God, and in this case we cannot hope for the salvation of our soul.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 20:49

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 19.12.2023, 13:16 | Сообщение # 10
Майор
I agree with the quote, because it seems to me that hope is the most important thing for a Christian. If we lose hope for salvation, hope for God, then we lose everything. We lose our soul, our strength in the face of evil, our willingness to help people around us. At this moment of despondency, we turn away from Christ, who himself showed hope and faith until his last breath.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 00:17

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:49 | Сообщение # 11
Лейтенант
I agree with the quote. Hope is our spiritual breath that we cannot lose. Through hope we can grow in our human nature, because we want God to help us and to take to His Garden. But we always have to keep in mind that there should be our effort to get rid of sin. A person has to realise and analyze their sin.

That is why confession is also our hope: we talk to the priest about our life and we get hope from him, that God will release us. But  “there is no sin that cannot be forgiven, except the sin which is not repented of" , so it is very important to pray and ask God to open our eyes. Never forget that He always helps if you ask!

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:28

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 12:07 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I believe, that the concept of the Christian faith is hope. When we don't have hope, we reject the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Everyone is a sinner and, in fact, has a chance and hope to be forgiven. When we become despondent, we lose hope and reject our chance to be forgiven. It's important to understand that we are not alone, God has not left us. And we always can go and repent. But the Lord gave us freedom of choice, so we can choose the other way - suicide, which is rejection of hope, our loved ones and God.
Everyone has their choice, but I believe, that losing hope is not the right way.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 23:02

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:42 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
I do not think that losing hope in itself is worse than any sin. Murder is a much graver sin than despondency in my book. But I see where Abbot Nikon Vorobiev is coming from. I think, Abbot Nikon means that what is truly horrible about becoming despondent is not so much the fact that you are despondent, as the possibility of giving up on life and committing suicide, which is a grave sin indeed. And from this angle, even if you murdered someone, as long as you live you have a chance to repent and there is nothing God will not forgive you for if you are sincere. But if you committed suicide, there is no turning back.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:43

dawa2311Дата: Четверг, 14.03.2024, 17:48 | Сообщение # 14
Сержант
Under no circumstances you should become despondent or lose hope; This  worse than any sin. Such states lead one  to spiritual death or even suicide. There is no sin that can not be forgiven, except the sin which is not repented of. This is the statement  of the Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. I agree with this issue  I will try to explain why.
     Under some circumstances  we can easily fall into despair , especially when we have some problems or grief.  This is obvious because we are weak. Sometimes, we can also fall into despair because of our sins. Our sins seem to us awful. We think that God will never forgive us.  At those moments we forget that  the God is love . Love can forgive everything. Every sin can be forgiven, if we repent sincerely. 
         I suppose the best example here is the case with Peter and Judas. Both of these disciples betrayed the Christ. One repented, but the other not. The first got the keys of heaven, but the other went to hell.  So, when we start despairing understanding that we made a terrible sin we are taking the path of Judas. We think that the God is cruel and He'll never forgive us.  We should remember the example of Peter who became the first of the disciples, despite the fact that He betrayed the Christ three times. We should always remember the words: " It is the Lord who goes before you . He will be with you ; He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or do not be dismayed (Deuteronomy, 31:8).  But it is important to mention that repentance should be sincere.

Дарья Ткачёва

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 280 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024