не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 12:47
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 279 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 279 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 279
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 11.11.2023, 18:01 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
An overwhelming majority of people, have absolutely no understanding of Christianity; they are searching not for the path to salvation, not for eternal life, but for someone who can help them ‘do’ something, who can instantly rescue them from whatever troubles them.

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 16.11.2023, 00:30 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
Unfortunately, there a lot of people who know about Orthodoxy, but they believe only babushkas can worship God... That is a big problem because if a person wants to know more about Christianity, they can face big problems as they don't now how to start and they feel some kind of a shame visiting the church.

But I cannot agree people don't try to find the way of salvation. I think there's a big tendency to became a better version of yourself nowadays, so people try to do something with their lives. The other question is what they are doing and if it is the right way to live.

I believe Orthodoxy needs more missionary work to show especially to young people, that Christianity is not a shame, it's a blessing.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:25

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 17.11.2023, 00:35 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
This is really how most people come to God. They come to Him when they are in trouble, especially the first time. This is the first step towards God, perhaps one of the most sincere ones. But then the most important thing is that either the person stays at this level of "save me from trouble and give me good things" or rethinks and grows spiritually, becoming "his own" in the spiritual community, understanding what he is doing in Christianity.

This is what children do: I am eight years old, we go to the church because my dad said so. I go to my first confession - my dad said it's beneficial. Then I grow up and stand in front of the church doors not because He ordered me to, but because I want to. This is what we should strive for, this "rule" of boundless love, not because I want to get rid of troubles, but because I want to live in God and be saved.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 00:11

marichernaya911Дата: Суббота, 18.11.2023, 12:57 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Often people think that religion will help them to solve their problems, to be happy (according to their earthly understanding), to reach their goals and fulfill their desires. But everything tends to be vice-versa: when you come into the Church, into the relationship with living God, your life changes dramatically.

Externally nothing changes: you are still free to make decisions, to take actions, to make choice. But suddenly you find that your own decisions are too often wrong and your choices are not connected with God's will about what you should do, what Christian should do. And when you feel His will about you, knowing that He wants you to be happy and be good, then the way of life and action you were used to, the patterns you used to follow, finally make you feel miserable and lost.

And here spiritual life starts: with the help of your spiritual father, reading the Gospel and holy fathers you start do something - and despite the fact that troubles come to your life, your heart is peaceful.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:03

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 20.11.2023, 15:09 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I think the problem is that many people don't know how to "step up" to the spiritual life. In general, religion is a complicated thing, as you need to know a lot of things, which is, so to speak, the basis for understanding the meaning of faith. A man who has everything good in his life, he lives in prosperity, in warmth, rejoices, is unlikely to turn to God. He will do it most likely when something in his life goes wrong, when someone from his family suddenly falls ill. Then the person will go to church, light a candle and pray. But he will not think about the salvation of his soul, because he does not see the need for it. He wants to solve the problem here and now and not think about how to save his soul.

It seems to me that it is very important for a Christian to realise the fact that our worldly life is a preparation for eternal life. It is like an independent work to test a person's desire to be saved and enter Heavenly Kingdom.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Среда, 13.12.2023, 23:28

sasavasl15Дата: Суббота, 09.12.2023, 20:29 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
This is partly true. But the problem is not only in people's thinking, but in the representation of religion by other people. Because we all depend on earthly life in one way or another. And many people are afraid to realize that life will end here and many of the things they are used to will not matter in the future. People desperately cling to this life and want to make it better, simply because they cannot imagine another future life.

amasaltsevaДата: Воскресенье, 10.12.2023, 20:46 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I absolutely agree with abbot Nikon Vorobiev. Unfortunately, too many people kind of “use” Christianity, they "take" what is pleasant and needed out of it. It is natural and right to find hope and love in your faith, but that is not what abbot Nikon means. Being Christian is not about easiness. Christianity shouldn’t be treated as a magic wand, as something that is making all your wishes come true, faith is much more deep and meaningful. Christianity is not situational, it is permanent.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:06

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 19.12.2023, 13:42 | Сообщение # 8
Майор
Speaking about gaining true faith, it's worth thinking about how many people go deeper into what they do. For instance, how many different architectural styles there are in Moscow, and how many people go out of their way in order to understand what style of building they have been looking at near their house or on their way to work for ages.  Of course, this is a superficial example, but it reflects the essence of human existence - to learn something that does not lie on the surface is an effort, and people do not like to complicate their lives.

Therefore, many Christians believe in God superficially, performing ritual actions without correlating them in any way to true faith in God. But such a superficial faith can also turn into a real one, which is why if we consider
 ourselves true Christians, we should be kind to those who are only at the initial stage of finding God.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 00:20

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 14:44 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
Abbot Nikon Vorobyov's quote suggests that many people misunderstand Christianity, seeing it as a means for immediate solutions to problems rather than a path to personal transformation and Eternal Life. While seeking comfort and guidance in difficult times is understandable, focusing solely on quick solutions misses the deeper purpose of faith. I believe that true Christian growth requires a commitment to spiritual development and a willingness to give up personal desires.

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 15:06 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
It is obviously true, that people often pray, when something bad happened to them, when they need something. This is because we, people, are very weak. And when everything feels good to us, we forget to thank God for it.
The lines from the poem "Solitude" by Ella Wheeler Wilcox came to my mind:
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
Her words clearly explain the idea of grief and sorrow, when you feel lonely and asking for help from God, because there is only you and Him. And when you feel great, have fun, you don't feel alone and forget to
 be grateful for that to the Lord.
But still, many people through their sorrow find God, which is absolutely great.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 23:09

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:41 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I see Abbot Nikon Vorobiev’s point but I do not want to agree with him or at least I do not want to agree with him entirely. I agree that for many religious people some theological education would not hurt. But to say that “an overwhelming majority of people have absolutely no understanding of Christianity” seems like a very pessimistic outlook. I do not say that it is necessarily false but I just do not want to believe it and it is not what I see around me. And maybe it is just because I live in a bubble, but I feel like I have always been surrounded by people who have a pretty good understanding of Christianity, if I say so myself.

But I agree that for some people Christianity can be something to remember only when they want or need something. Some people will only remember about God when something bad has happened to them or someone close to them. But again, it does not necessarily mean that they have absolutely no understanding of Christianity.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:41

alekssander-com29Дата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 20:30 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
This quite a disturbing quote by Abbot Nikon Vorobiev highlights a concern within the Orthodox Christian perspective about the misunderstanding of Salvation among many people. Abbot Nikon's observation that people are searching for someone who can help them 'do' something, an immediate rescuer from their troubles, reflects a prevalent societal tendency. In contemporary culture, the desire for quick solutions and instant gratification often extends to spiritual matters. Christianity is not just a set of rituals or a means to address temporary difficulties; it is a way of life, a transformative aspiration to the divine. The teachings of Christ invite believers to a deeper understanding of themselves, their relationship with God, and their role in the world.

Many people may approach Christianity seeking immediate relief from life's challenges or they may see the Faith as a guarantee of «passive» salvation forgetting that it as a holistic and lifelong journey.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 279 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024