не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 09:35
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 270 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 270 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 270
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 10.09.2023, 14:22 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
How will it be with us in the future life, when everything that has gratified us in this world: riches, honours, food and drink, dress, beautifully furnished dwellings, and all attractive objects—how will it be, I say, when all these things leave us — when they will all seem to us a dream, and when works of faith and virtue, of abstinence, purity, meekness, humility, mercy, patience, obedience, and others will be required of us?

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

tsvioletta17Дата: Среда, 13.09.2023, 14:38 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
Man is a weak creature and has a tendency to become attached to things. It gives us a sense of comfort - money, things, material goods. Of course, we will not take it all with us after death, and we will have no use for it there. But at the same time, man is a creature of delicate nature, he constantly needs aesthetic, beautiful cozy house, good clothes, prosperity. I do not consider it bad to have a good comfortable life in our world, the main thing is not to make things the meaning of life, not to be attached to things strongly, but to put spiritual things in the first place. Then a person will find inner balance and will not harm his soul.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Среда, 13.12.2023, 23:59

veronikachernykh15Дата: Среда, 13.09.2023, 20:18 | Сообщение # 3
Майор
This quote made me think of Robinson Crusoe - Defoe's character. Robinson Crusoe at the beginning of the book was a very down-to-earth person. All he thought about was well-being and adventure. But only when he turned out to be on the island and had no hope of salvation, he forgot about material things. For example, when Robinson found golden coins on a wrecked ship, he wasn’t impressed anymore, although he had previously dreamed of them. Life on the island inspired him to the true faith and education of his soul.
So people on earth have different meaning of wealth but at the end only spiritual prosperity will be significant.

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 13.09.2023, 23:22 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
In our world, many people cannot imagine their lives without various material goods. Many people devote their lives to acquiring earthly treasures without thinking about heavenly treasures. Moreover, our life on earth, unfortunately, is impossible without material goods. Most people have to devote almost all their time to work in order to provide their families with housing, food and everything necessary for life. Their duty on this earth is to take care of their loved ones.

Therefore earthly goods should always be remembered. It is also important to remember that as soon as you enter the Kingdom of Heaven all material goods that you’ve collected during your life are vanished and forgotten, that is why you should also be always focused on your spiritual life and constant prayer.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 24.12.2023, 15:47

sodrozdovaДата: Среда, 13.09.2023, 23:43 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
This quotation reminds me of what my mother has always taught me: you have to be free from treasures of this world, because you don't have anything that belongs to you, even your soul belongs to God. But many people nowadays cannot understand that developing the treasure of their souls is more important that  making money to live on Bali. They cannot understand how people can live without making their wealth on earth. I think such people will be very sorry they didn't grow  the garden of their souls but they tried to buy expensive flowers to put them in front of their mansions. I hope every man in the end will try to understand what the real treasure is and grow flowers in their souls.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:15

yarovaya02Дата: Четверг, 14.09.2023, 10:39 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
We don’t know what awaits us beyond this world, we don’t know what the hereafter is going to be like. But we know that this life is only a threshold of the future life, that’s why we should be preparing for it while we are here on earth. We should use our time, deeds and strength to make ourselves ready for the DEPARTURE.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 16:12

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 14.09.2023, 11:25 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
The Gospel teaches us: “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Math. 6:19-21).

There is also another quotation of a Russian priest: “You will be there what your thoughts are about”. And elder Thaddeus of Vitovnicia also says: “What your thoughts are, such your life is”. And we can add here: in the future time, as well as in present.

Here and now, living our earthly life, we prepare ourselves for the life to come. I believe that everything here on the earth in this or that way represents the future life: gardens and flowers, birds and butterflies, beautiful nature, kindness and love in people, Church services and Sacraments – all that represents the reality of Heavenly Kingdom. And, as our nature is corrupt by sin, we often lose these points of reference and become blind to these representations of future life, confusing them with earthly goods: “reaches, honours, food and drink, dress, beautifully furnished dwellings, and all attractive objects”.

However, the guiding lines to the Heavenly Kingdom are given to us. These are “faith and virtue, abstinence, purity, meekness, humility, mercy, patience, obedience, and others”. That we shall cherish and exercise, as only that will be required of us in the future life.

---
1. By giving Abraham Isaac, his son, God established with him a covenant for an everlasting covenant, to spread his seed and to make a great nation.
2. We believe that Christ is fully human and of one essence with mankind.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:22

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Пятница, 15.09.2023, 10:51 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
Quite often we forget that our life on earth is temporary and the most significant thing for us, as Christians, is our striving for Heaven. All the petty things that concern us now are meaningless if we are talking about eternal life. It's still odd for me to realise this. But I try not to forget about it, to live as I should, to help, to do good deeds, to take care of other people.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Среда, 13.12.2023, 23:26

amasaltsevaДата: Среда, 27.09.2023, 15:12 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
How crystal clear the understanding of the vanity of all earthly things appears to be when you face death. What remains after one leaves this world? Here it is: a lifeless body. That’s just a body as there is no soul in it. That’s not a person you used to know. These are just things which will come into ashes. What stays are "Footprints on the sands of time", the memory, what we brought into lives of others and what our hearts consist of. What stays is love which lasts forever. What stays is the soul, of which, as Longfellow wrote, “Wasn’t spoken” “Dust thou art, to dust returnest”.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:01

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 01.11.2023, 21:45 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt reminds us, people, that physical things are mortal, while the virtues of our soul are, on the contary, immortal and timeless. When we think only about physical aspect, our spiritual side is in danger. People are sinners, but still there is an opportunity for everyone to survive and go to Heaven, so sometimes it's just the matter of choice: whether you want and work only for riches, honours, food and drink, dress, beautifully furnished dwellings, and all the attractive objects or to work for faith, virtue and humanity of one's soul.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 22:47

sasavasl15Дата: Суббота, 09.12.2023, 18:55 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
These words reinforce my confidence and faith. At some point in my life, I clearly realized that all earthly things and statuses are completely unimportant for God and for the next life. It will only matter what you bring in your soul. It's nice for me to remember this and worry less about money, clothes, statuses and much more. And now it is much more important to take care of your soul. After all, she will live forever.

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:27 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
I completely agree with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. As it is said in the Gospel: “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:19–21.) Sooner or later all our earthly possessions will turn to dust. The things that we cherish so much in this life, that we work so hard for like status and money will give us nothing in the next life. We will not be able to take with us our good houses and fancy clothing after our death. Those things we will leave behind us.

But we will be able to take with us our deeds and our behaviour, even our thoughts. Indeed, there is no way we will not take them with us. And so, during our earthly life we should remember about it and try to be good Christians, so that, as Righteous John reminds us, after our death we could take with us “works of faith and virtue, of abstinence, purity, meekness, humility, mercy, patience, obedience, and others”.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Среда, 27.12.2023, 13:51

alekssander-com29Дата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 20:01 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
Here Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, invites us to contemplate on the transient nature of earthly pleasures and the enduring significance of spiritual virtues. As I see it, this quote prompts reflection on the eternal value of virtues in contrast to the fleeting nature of material ownings and earthly pleasures. Here I can refer to the words from Gospel of Matthew (6:19-21): «Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal». These lines demonstrate the perfection to which all the Christians should tend.

Of course, we pursue those ideals trying to reach them, but sometimes it`s really hard to reject all that this world has to offer and we can not just ignore it. But it seems to me that Righteous John`s words are not about it. As I see it this quote more about not having strong attachments to our earthly wealth so that it will cause no damage to the spiritual life.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Вторник, 26.12.2023, 21:25

bondarenkodv7Дата: Суббота, 27.01.2024, 00:36 | Сообщение # 14
Лейтенант
This quote by St. John the Wonderworker of Kronstadt raises an important and relevant question of our attitude to our earthly possessions. He implies that all things that “gratify us in this world”, make us pleased and comfortable in an earthly sense, take up too much of our attention and distract (or even prevent) us from developing the qualities we will need to enter the Heavenly kingdom.

I agree with this statement, and I can support it with the words of Jesus Christ Himself. The first quote is Matthew, 6:21, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” The second quote is Luke, 18:24-25, “…How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

Daniil Bondarenko

Сообщение отредактировал bondarenkodv7 - Суббота, 27.01.2024, 02:09

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 270 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024