Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 265
Abba Mius

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 27.04.2024, 17:56
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 265 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 265 (Abba Mius)
Quote 265
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 29.04.2023, 00:42 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
A soldier asked Abba Mius if God accepted repentance. After the old man had taught him many things he said, "Tell me, my dear, if your cloak is torn, do you throw it away?" He replied, "No, I mend it and use it again." The old man said to him, "If you are so careful about your cloak, will not God be equally careful about His creature?"

Abba Mius

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 15:00 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
“Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31.

God loves us so much that He even sent His beloved Son to the earth and Jesus Christ was crucified for our sake. God created all of us because of his abundant love. He wants to share his infinite love with his creatures and we can feel it every day — through other people, through nature, through academic knowledge. He cares of us indeed, even when we feel loneliness, when we experience difficulties it happens because of His good will - He wants us to be perfect. We should never forget that His love is"testing and saving" as it is said in the Akathist hymn «Glory to God for all things».

[size=12]3,5

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 20:04

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 02.05.2023, 15:02 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I love the story as it gives hope to everyone who is in despair. I suppose it's extremely important to remind people of God’s Love. God has come to sinners; He gives His hand to everyone who wants to take it. God will go after a lost sheep. Through the evangelist we know that “the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent” (Luke 15:7). 

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 12:47

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 23.05.2023, 17:36 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
This story, using a very simple example, tells about the need for repentance. Just as we take care of our things, God takes care of all of us. God will always welcome sincere repentance and through him we become closer to Him. We sin, but we can try to become better by asking forgiveness for our deeds.

Recently I watched the amazing movie "Silence" by Martin Scorsese. Portuguese priests go to Japan in search of their teacher. Along the way, they preach Christianity to local residents who are persecuted for it. And one of the Japanese renounces Christ every time, comes to confession and repents of it. And so it happens many times throughout the film, until at the very end he accepts a martyr's death without renouncing his faith.
This character reminded me of myself, who sins, comes to confession, repents and sins again. But it is important to try to improve and try to resist sin.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Вторник, 27.06.2023, 10:34

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 23:47 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I agree with this quote. I really like the comparison of a sinful man with a torn cloak. The Christian faith teaches that man was created by God in His own image. This means that man has a special dignity and value in the eyes of God. God cares for each person and wants them to experience His love and care. God is described as the source of infinite love. God loves every human being unfailingly and unconditionally. His love extends to all people, regardless of their past mistakes, sins or merits. God desires the spiritual well-being and salvation of every person and shows his mercy and forgiveness to everyone who turns to him with a sincere heart and repentance.

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 04.06.2023, 17:57 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
I fully agree with Abba Mius. The idea of repentance and subsequent forgiveness is very important for Christianity. Jesus Christ suffered, died and rose from the dead so that in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins are proclaimed to all nations (Luke 24:47). In the Gospel Christ urges us to repent and the scene with the criminal that repented teaches us that if we are sincere, then everything will be forgiven, because God loves us and wants us to be good. For if God wasn't willing to forgive us, there would be no hope for us. And also, if we expect God to forgive us, then it is all the more necessary for us to forgive other people.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Вторник, 13.06.2023, 18:12

alekssander-com29Дата: Вторник, 06.06.2023, 14:40 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
At first sight this story might seem a bit simplistic and naive but it teaches us an important lesson about God's mercy and forgiveness, it shows us that God is always ready to accept our repentance and forgive us, just as we would mend a torn cloak instead of throwing it away.

I really like such stories because they are not complicated and at the same time they demonstrate the depth of Orthodox truth and they also give me spiritual inspiration. Abba Mius draws a parallel between the soldier's care for his cloak and God's care for humanity. If the soldier is willing to put effort into repairing a torn cloak, how much more careful and compassionate would God be in accepting and forgiving His own creation?

This story reminds that God's love and mercy are boundless. He is always ready to forgive us when we sincerely repent and turn back to Him. This story reminds us that we should never lose hope in God's forgiveness, no matter how broken or flawed we may feel. God's love and mercy are always available to us, and He patiently waits for us to seek His forgiveness and return to Him.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 14.06.2023, 00:40

bondarenkodv7Дата: Среда, 07.06.2023, 00:41 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
I agree with Abba Mius, and I really like the way he handled this situation. When a soldier, a simple, straightforward man, came to him with a difficult question that he could not solve himself, instead of overwhelming him with sophisticated theological arguments, Abba Mius decided to go a simple and straightforward route. He used a plain but at the same time elegant comparison that perfectly illustrated his point. He compared the soldier's care for his cloak - an ordinary item that is nonetheless valuable to him (maybe because he made it himself) - to God's love and care for His creations, humans.

This metaphor might be even deeper than it could seem at first glance, as it also demonstrates how God's love and forgiveness are infinite. If even an ordinary man, who is extremely limited in his control over matter, can mend and fix something he values many times, then we can be sure that God, who is omnipotent, will be always ready to mend His beloved creatures' souls and help them find redemption.

Daniil Bondarenko

sensualpie111Дата: Суббота, 02.09.2023, 23:52 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
The quote attributed to Abba Mius, "Tell me, my dear, if your cloak is torn, do you throw it away?" raises a profound question about the nature of God's forgiveness and the concept of repentance. This sentiment aligns with the idea that God is compassionate and forgiving, willing to accept repentance from those who sincerely seek it. This perspective finds resonance in both the Bible and classic literature.

In the Bible, we find numerous examples of God's willingness to accept repentance. One notable instance is the story of the prodigal son from the Gospel of Luke. In this parable, a wayward son squanders his inheritance but returns to his father in humility and repentance. Instead of rejecting him, the father joyfully welcomes him back, symbolizing God's readiness to forgive those who turn away from their mistakes and seek reconciliation.

Classic literature also explores this theme of repentance and forgiveness. In Victor Hugo's "Les Misérables," the character of Jean Valjean undergoes a transformation through his repentance and redemption. His journey from a hardened criminal to a compassionate man exemplifies the idea that even the most flawed individuals can find forgiveness and redemption, mirroring the concept expressed by Abba Mius.

In conclusion, the quote by Abba Mius underscores the belief in a merciful and forgiving God who, like a careful mendicant, accepts repentance and offers a chance for redemption. This perspective resonates not only within the teachings of the Bible but also in classic literature, where stories of repentance and forgiveness serve as powerful reminders of the human capacity for transformation and the boundless compassion of the divine.

Para Julia

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 265 (Abba Mius)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024