Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 263
Archbishop Averky (Taushev)

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 27.04.2024, 23:16
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 263 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 263 (Archbishop Averky (Taushev))
Quote 263
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 01.04.2023, 15:44 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Christian humility is not in any way a form of weakness, but just the opposite: it is strength in a person, although not human strength, but rather God's strength.

Archbishop Averky (Taushev)

tsvioletta17Дата: Воскресенье, 02.04.2023, 16:57 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
I completely agree with the words of the Archbishop. Humility is often called weakness, although it is not so at all. Anyone can do something on emotions, they can not restrain themselves - everyone can do it. It is necessary to show humility and meekness - great strength is needed for this. Dad taught me this from childhood: just as athletes need constant training, so every person should train humility in himself.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 22:00

yarovaya02Дата: Воскресенье, 02.04.2023, 20:18 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Without doubt, humility is strength. If we remember the Old Testament and the New Testament, then we can clearly see that the New Testament is even harder than the Old Testament. Although there were murders and wars in the Old Testament - "An eye for an eye"(Exodus 21), - nevertheless the Gospel witnesses to the way of life which is very hard. Jesus Christ is an example of such way, this way of humility, great strength, will and wisdom. Christ shows us how we should live - to yourself act strictly, to others - with compassion and leniency, to God - with prayer.

Christ teaches us to love and to be a obedient even if you have to die for this. Christ died for our sake, He was crucified and humiliated.

So can’t we bear our sufferings and troubles in the name of God? Can’t we try to live our life like Saints lived theirs?!

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 20:03

tsumskaa30Дата: Четверг, 20.04.2023, 21:12 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Humility is one of the main virtues in Christianity. A humble person is a person who is able to see his/her true face without making excuses and without self-exaltation. That is, such people can sincerely confess their sins and beseech the Lord to grand them forgiveness. This action, obviously, needs moral courage and can’t be called just a kind of weakness.

This is indeed God’s power in a person because such a transformation, a conversion to repentance leads to Salvation. Jesus Christ said: “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Mth. 5:3). Therefore, it is humility that helps us to be with the Lord in the Everlasting Life. What more could we dream of? What are some other qualities that are so valuable in our earthly life for? - Self-confidence, success, public respect… if it only detaches us from God? But as many Reverend fathers wrote, humility really matters because it helps us to overcome our passions.

To conclude, I fully agree with archbishop Averky concerning the importance of humility and its true strength.

katyadorniakДата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 01:51 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I completely agree with Archbishop Averky's quote on Christian humility. Humility is often misunderstood as weakness, but in reality, it is a powerful strength that comes from God. One example of this can be found in the story of David and Goliath in the Bible.

When the giant Philistine warrior, Goliath, challenged the Israelites to a battle, all of the soldiers were terrified and refused to fight him. However, David, a young shepherd boy, stepped forward with faith in God and confidence in his abilities. He faced Goliath with only a sling and a stone, while Goliath was armed with heavy armor and weapons. Despite the odds against him, David defeated Goliath and showed the strength and power of God.

David's victory was not due to his own human strength, but rather his trust in God and his willingness to humble himself before Him. David did not boast about his abilities or take credit for his victory, but instead gave all the glory to God. This is an excellent example of how Christian humility can be a powerful strength that comes from God.

In conclusion, Christian humility is not a form of weakness, but rather a strength that comes from God. David's story in the Bible is a perfect example of how trusting in God and humbling oneself can lead to great strength and victory. By recognizing our limitations and relying on God's strength, we can overcome any obstacle and accomplish great things for His glory.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 17:50 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
For many modern people, humility is not a virtue, it is a manifestation of weakness. However, the meekness and humility of the heart is not a weakness, but a great strength, it is a person's realization that God is above him, Who is Himself meek and humble in heart. Humility is what allows a person to adequately assess his place in the world: both in relation to God and in relation to his neighbors.

In addition, meekness is an awareness of the value of other people.  A person who puts himself in the center of being cannot be meek, which means he does not accept other people, he considers them inferior and weaker than himself.  Meekness is the recognition that all people are children of God, that everyone has their own talent, their own beauty, their own spiritual world.

It is not necessary to take an example from the heroes of mass culture and media - a proud, arrogant, self-loving, domineering, rich, capable of making their way by any means, but it is better to keep the Divine ideal in one's heart. The opposite of humility is pride: the exaltation of one person over another, which can even go as far as rivalry with God.

Pride, anger, and envy are alien to the humble. A humble person is not a weak–willed being, no, it is a free person, strong in his own Christian freedom.

Thus, the words of Archbishop Averky are close to me.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 17:02

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 20:20 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I agree with the quote that humility is not a form of weakness, but rather a display of strength. Humility allows one to recognize their limitations, to seek help, and to grow. It takes strength to admit one's faults and to ask for forgiveness. It takes strength to place others' needs above one's own. These are all traits of humility. A perfect example of humility's strength is demonstrated by Jesus Christ, who, despite being the Son of God, humbled himself by serving others and ultimately sacrificing himself for the salvation of humanity. The act of humility and service by Jesus Christ was not a sign of weakness, but rather an exhibition of immense strength. In my personal experience, I have seen the strength of humility in my relationships with others.

Being humble allows me to listen to others and to seek their opinion. It allows me to learn from others and to grow in wisdom. Additionally, admitting when I am wrong or have made a mistake, and seeking forgiveness, has strengthened my relationships with others. The practical application of this quote in my life is to embrace humility as a strength and not a weakness. To recognize that being humble is not a sign of being weak, but rather a display of strength that comes from God. This involves seeking to serve others, admitting when I am wrong, and being open to learning from others. I see the point of the quote and agree with it fully. It expresses something new to me that humility is a display of strength, and it aligns with my idea of Christianity. In my experience, humility has demonstrated its strength, and I believe that embracing humility as a strength can positively impact my life and the lives of those around me.

posternaksophieДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 22:56 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
Christian humility is often misunderstood as a form of weakness. However, this could not be further from the truth. In fact, Christian humility is a source of great strength in a person, although not human strength, but rather God's strength.

Christian humility is not weakness because it requires great strength to practice. It takes courage to admit one's mistakes, weaknesses, and limitations. It takes strength to put others before oneself and to serve them without seeking recognition or reward. Christian humility is also not weakness because it is grounded in God's strength. When we humble ourselves before God, we acknowledge that we are not in control and that we need His help and guidance. We recognize that our strength comes from Him and that apart from Him, we can do nothing.

In conclusion, Christian humility is not weakness but rather strength in a person. It takes great strength to practice humility, and it is grounded in God's strength. Christian humility leads to true greatness because it is the path that Jesus Himself walked. Let us, therefore, strive to cultivate humility in our lives and to become servants of God and others.

vernik04Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 14:59 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
It is impossible not to agree with Archbishop Averky (Taushev).

At first glance, it may seem that humility means showing weakness, but in fact, humility is what allows a person to adequately assess his place in the world: both in relation to God and in relation to his neighbours. Humility helps to realize our imperfection, cleanses the soul.

Moreover, humility is the ability to stop evil. Not to do this in a way, when a person responds to evil, even if he defends himself. Because in this case, you do not stop it, you pass it on, and it, already multiplied, can return to you. But you can act differently: evil took up arms against you, but you stopped its development by forgiving the one who offended you.

We are weak by nature. We commit sins against God and our neighbour, but humility helps to get rid of these weaknesses, strengthens our faith, helps us fight against evil.

abalakinan27Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 15:20 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
Someone considers humility as a feeble treat [?]. But actually it is not true. God humbled Himself and went to terrible suffering for us. Can you imagine God Almighty, God Omnipotent feeling pain and doing nothing to diminish it? Is it weakness? Ultimately, He set an example of true love and Christian meekness. It is not about indulgence but strength.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 00:57

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 09.05.2023, 00:19 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
I do agree with the words of archbishop Averky. A truly humble person is never weak. Humility doesn’t mean to obey and stop persevering in a negative connotation of the words. Humility makes one leave his or her pride, grievances, exasperation, bitterness and show love. And that can never be called “weakness”. That is indeed the sign of strength. And that can be only attained with the help of God.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 12:46

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 23.05.2023, 17:53 | Сообщение # 12
Полковник
I like this positive perception of humility. In the modern world, this quality is considered more negative, interfering with the career and personal path. But this current position seems to me to be utterly wrong.

Humility is one of the manifestations of our inner strength. When we put others above ourselves, serve them with love and compassion and recognize that we are all equal in the eyes of God. This allows us to admit our mistakes and weaknesses, seek forgiveness and grow in our relationship with God and other people. Christian humility is a powerful force for good in the world, because it leads to acts of kindness, generosity and selflessness.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Вторник, 27.06.2023, 10:33

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 23:55 | Сообщение # 13
Полковник
Humility is seen as a strength, not a weakness, and this is nothing short of pleasing. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is humility incarnate. He voluntarily humbled Himself by giving up His divine glory in order to come to earth and serve people. Hence, humility is a direct imitation of Christ and a reflection of His character. God abides with those who have a humble heart. Humility opens the door to intimacy with God because humble people acknowledge their dependence on Him and seek His guidance and help. Humility allows one to be open to spiritual wisdom and to be led by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, humility allows Christians to serve others with sincerity and compassion. It frees them from selfish aspirations and encourages them to serve in a spirit of love and caring. Humble people can influence and lead others to God through their humility and spiritual strength.

Thus, humility in Christianity is considered strength because it is based on the likeness of Christ, brings one closer to God, receives blessing and grace, and allows one to serve others with love and compassion.

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 04.06.2023, 17:55 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
I fully agree with Archbishop Averky. In the world of capitalism, it is all about getting to the top, often by any means necessary. In this individualistic worldview humility becomes a drawback on your way to “greatness”. And maybe it is, if you want to become, say, a top politician. In other words, as Archbishop Averky says, it is strength but it is God’s strength, not human. And so, for a Christian who wants to lead a virtuous life and be closer to God humility is strength.

Many of our religious quotes of the week deal with the subject of humility. We have read the words of many saints and priests about how humility is vital in our pursuit of the life worthy of a Christian. So, yes, for a Christian humility isn’t some kind of weakness, but strength.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Четверг, 08.06.2023, 16:02

alekssander-com29Дата: Вторник, 06.06.2023, 14:33 | Сообщение # 15
Подполковник
This quote emphasizes another very important aspect of humility in Orthodoxy: its relationship to strength. As Archbishop Averky Taushev says, that humility might often be confused with weakness.
Contrary to the worldly perception of humility as a sign of powerlessness or low self-esteem, Orthodox Christianity understands humility as a virtue that reflects the true nature of our relationship with God. It is the recognition of our dependence on God and the acknowledgement that all strength and power come from Him.

The quote suggests that Christian humility is not a product of human effort or personal achievement, but a
 manifestation of the strength derived from God's grace. It is an inner strength that empowers individuals to transcend their ego, pride, and self-centeredness, allowing them to surrender to God's will and trust in His guidance. By embracing humility, we allow God's strength to work within us, enabling us to grow in virtue and attain spiritual maturity.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 14.06.2023, 00:38

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 263 (Archbishop Averky (Taushev))
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024