Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 260
Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 27.04.2024, 20:53
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 260 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 260 (Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica)
Quote 260
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 11.03.2023, 14:27 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
If you want to bring someone onto the right path, to teach and advise him, then you must humble yourself first and talk to the person with a lot of love. He will accept your advice, for he will feel that it is given with love.

Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 13.03.2023, 12:42 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Of course when we see the person whom we love going along the wrong path, we want to help him, to give advice. If we see the beloved person doing something bad we want to help his soul to be saved. But sometimes we by opposing the evil don’t oppose itself but the person who committed it and in this way we ourselves participate in evil. We should understand that we ourselves can’t change anyone, he can be changed only by God and by His grace. So first of all we should pray for this person who is dear to our heart and then the person seeing our love, compassion and care towards him, might want to change his sinful way.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 20:00

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 14.03.2023, 08:11 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Saint Holy father Seraphim of Sarov once said about bringing someone into the right path. He said that firstly we ourselves should acquire the spirit of peace, and only then those who nearby could be saved. He didn't say about any piece of advice we should give to our close ones, or the way we should teach anyone, or anything like that. Just as peace is the divine quality, as well as love and humbleness, we can convert a person into the path of righteousness by our Christian attitude to them. "And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing" (John 16:23). With love no words are required.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Суббота, 24.06.2023, 19:45

tsumskaa30Дата: Четверг, 20.04.2023, 21:18 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
These words of Elder Thaddeus are filled with true wisdom.

I recall one example of such behaviour. Saint Nectarius of Aegina when he was the head of the seminary, instead of rebuking his disobedient students, punished himself severely as he considered that it was his own guilt. Thus, he often hardened his fast, prayed much more and then those naughty students started feeling the pangs of conscience. They went to confession and after that tried not to repeat their sins.

Indeed, we all live in such a world when we hear rude words and our reaction is the same. But when we hear a kind word, we’d rather listen to it. My friend told me that he met an elder several times. And he was just amazed at the love that he saw in the eyes of that humble monk. My friend’s only desire was to cry and repent after it.

Therefore, I fully agree with Elder Thaddeus. And this advise is not only for monks but for every Orthodox person who wants to convert somebody to Christianity.

anastasiadregan864Дата: Пятница, 21.04.2023, 18:23 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
It has become common in our time for everyone to instruct and moralize their neighbor. Often a person who has spent his whole life in unbelief and sins, after he repented and changed his lifestyle a little, went to church or went to a monastery several times, learned some Christian laws and views, got acquainted with church rules and procedures, becomes unfairly proud of it — and immediately begins to teach, to judge his loved ones — friends, relatives, reproach them with unbelief, a debauched lifestyle. Vanity, conceit, and pride are at the heart of such incorrect teaching. You need to teach with love, wanting to sincerely help a person, and not to show your skills and knowledge.
Most of the outstanding personalities sought to teach and convert everyone to their philosophy, their vision of the world. So, there can be a lot of ungrateful incentives, urges to preach and involve others in their faith.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 17:04

katyadorniakДата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 00:57 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I completely agree with Elder Thaddeus' quote. The path to teaching and advising someone is through humility and love. It is crucial to approach someone with kindness and respect to build a relationship that will allow for effective communication. Only then will they be open to receiving guidance and correction from you. If you approach them with arrogance or condescension, they will be defensive, closed off, and may not accept your advice.

An example from the Bible that supports this quote is the story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. The scribes and Pharisees brought the woman before Jesus, accusing her of committing adultery and seeking to trap Jesus into making a mistake. Instead, Jesus humbled himself and responded with love, writing on the ground and saying, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." (John 8:7) His response humbled the accusers and allowed the woman to accept his guidance and change her ways.

In conclusion, if we want to bring someone onto the right path, it's essential to approach them with humility and love. The Bible teaches us that humility and love can break down even the most significant barriers and enable effective communication. By doing so, we can be a positive influence in someone's life and help them grow in their faith and character.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 20:10 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I fully agree with the statement made by Elder Thaddeus that to effectively teach and advise someone, it is necessary to approach them with humility and love. In my experience, I have found that when someone approaches me in a humble and loving manner, I am more open to receiving their advice and guidance. One example of this occurred when I was struggling with a personal issue and turned to a close friend for advice. Instead of judging me or telling me what to do, he listened to me with empathy and understanding. He then offered me gentle guidance and support, which I was able to receive and put into practice because it came from a place of love and humility.

On the other hand, I have also experienced situations where someone approached me with arrogance and judgment, believing that they have all the answers and know what is best for me. In these instances, I have found myself resistant to their advice and guidance, even if it may have been beneficial for me. As a Christian, I believe that this principle is central to the teachings of Jesus, who modeled humility and love in all his interactions with others. Jesus did not come to condemn or judge, but rather to love and serve others, and it is through this love that he was able to transform lives and bring people onto the right path. In conclusion, I believe that the principle of approaching others with humility and love is not only essential for effective teaching and advising, but is also a central tenet of Christianity. By practicing humility and love in our interactions with others, we can help to bring people onto the right path and create a more compassionate and supportive world.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 19:21

posternaksophieДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 22:39 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
It can be easy to become self-righteous and judgmental when we see someone who is struggling or making mistakes, but this is not the way of Christ. If we truly want to help someone, we must first humble ourselves and recognize that we too are sinners in need of God's grace and mercy. Only then can we approach the person with a spirit of love and compassion.

When we speak to someone with love, they will feel it in their heart and know that we are not judging them, but rather offering them guidance and support. This is the way that Christ approached people during His time on earth. He never condemned anyone, but instead offered them love and forgiveness.

So if you want to bring someone onto the right path, to teach and advise them, then you must humble yourself first and talk to them with a lot of love. It is not enough to simply tell them what they should do or how they should live their life. You must show them that you care for them as a person, and that you want what is best for them.

This may mean that you need to be patient with them, and allow them to make mistakes along the way. if you approach them with humility and love, they will be much more likely to accept your guidance and follow your example.

vernik04Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 17:30 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I really liked the statement of the elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) Vitovnitsky.

The two most important commandments in Orthodoxy are to love God and love your neighbour. We must love our neighbours no matter what, pray for them, forgive and help them. When we see that someone is on the wrong way, we should not pass by. It is our duty to teach and give right advice. At the same time, we should not exalt ourselves over a person, as if saying that we know better and that we are more righteous than him. We must show love to him so that he feels our sincere desire to help him.

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 09.05.2023, 00:44 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
I definitely agree with Elder Thaddeus. You can’t teach anyone anything without love, otherwise you’re in great danger. What kind of “danger” can it be? First of all, you may roll down to imposition and obtrusion. It will never be beneficial and helpful if a person, whom you’re eager to advise, to “bring on the right path” doesn’t really want to accept what he or she is getting from you.

It seems you can’t teach without loving the one you advise. You can’t make anyone believe without believing yourself. You can’t make anyone follow you when you have pride and lack love.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 30.05.2023, 00:28 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
This is one of my favorite quotes on the forum! I think that when we give advice with love, we show support and empathy for the person asking for help. We acknowledge their feelings, listen to them and try to put ourselves in their shoes. This creates trust and makes the person feel understood and accepted. By giving advice with love, we avoid judgement and criticism. Instead of focusing on the person's shortcomings or mistakes, we look for opportunities for growth and improvement and help the person to see their strengths and potential, inspiring good change.

alekssander-com29Дата: Вторник, 06.06.2023, 14:22 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
This quote by Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica  underlines the essence of the Christian teaching on humility, love, and effective spiritual guidance. And for me as a teacher in future and a student in the present it makes a lot of sense. The quote highlights the importance of humility when engaging in the task of guiding and advising others. True humility involves recognizing our own limitations, weaknesses, and sins, and acknowledging our dependence on God's mercy and guidance.

By humbling ourselves before God, we gain the spiritual insight and empathy necessary to approach others with genuine love and compassion. When we approach someone with love, it signifies that we genuinely care for their welfare and are willing to make the effort to guide and advise them in a way that is beneficial for their spiritual journey. In this case teaching, either spiritual or «earthly» like in school, is not a one-sided dictation of rules or judgments, but a relationship of trust, respect, and love. The humility of the spiritual guide allows us to approach a person whom we teach with a sense of equality, recognizing our own imperfections and struggles.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 14.06.2023, 00:34

sensualpie111Дата: Суббота, 02.09.2023, 23:20 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
Elder Thaddeus' quote emphasizes the power of humility and love in guiding others onto the right path. This wisdom finds strong support in both the Bible and classic literature, illustrating the enduring significance of these virtues.

In the Bible, Jesus himself exemplified the importance of humility and love in guiding others. His interactions with the Samaritan woman at the well in the Gospel of John demonstrate this. Despite their cultural differences, Jesus humbly engaged in conversation with her, showing love and compassion. Through this approach, he guided her towards a deeper understanding of faith, highlighting the transformative impact of humility and love in teaching and advising.

Classic literature also underscores the value of humility and love in mentorship and guidance. In Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol," Ebenezer Scrooge undergoes a profound transformation thanks to the humble and loving intervention of three spirits. They show him the consequences of his actions and encourage him to change his ways, ultimately leading him onto the right path. This story illustrates how acts of kindness and love, combined with humility, can inspire positive change in individuals.

In conclusion, Elder Thaddeus' quote resonates deeply with both biblical teachings and classic literature. It underscores the transformative power of humility and love in guiding others onto the right path. Whether through Jesus' compassionate interactions in the Bible or Scrooge's redemption in Dickens' work, the message remains clear: when we approach others with humility and love, our advice and guidance can lead them towards positive transformation and enlightenment.

Para Julia

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 260 (Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024