Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 258
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 09:51
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 258 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 258 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 258
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 18.02.2023, 19:23 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
If the Son of God Himself was made guilty of sin, though He was sinless, then you, too, must accept blame for all sins with meekness and love (for you are really sinful of all sins), and accept blame humbly and submissively, even for those sins of which you are not guilty.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

tsumskaa30Дата: Воскресенье, 26.02.2023, 14:38 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I recall one episode from the life of Saint Macarius the Great. He was a young monk when a country girl happened to be pregnant. She falsely accused Macarius of breaking the monastic vows. Strangely enough, he decided not to object and started making baskets in order to earn some money for his so-called wife. Everybody mocked at him but then the truth was revealed. The girl confessed that it was her false accusation. The reputation of the monk was restored.

This action may sound meek for a monk but it is quite strange for a lay person. Should we really blame ourselves for sins which we didn’t commit? Of course, if we accept that we are guilty of every sin, then this thought is understandable. But I suppose we should repent only of those iniquities that disturb our conscience.

For example, when our Russian new Martyrs were accused of betraying the Soviet government, they honestly said that they didn’t conduct any anti-Soviet propaganda. They didn’t accept the false accusation.

Nevertheless, if Holy Righteous John meant that we as Christians should be meek when the rulers persecute us for our faith and charge with different iniquities, we ought to realise that we really are sinful and the only way for us is to stick to Christ, our Saviour, as many martyrs did.

All in all, I agree with Saint John. It’s better to see how sinful you are than to admire your own righteousness. I believe that Righteous John wanted to humble himself and all of us and that’s why he wrote such meek words.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 14:25

katyadorniakДата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 00:28 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
The idea of Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt emphasizes the Christian belief that Jesus, the Son of God, was without sin but still took the guilt of all sins upon himself. This message is a call to humility and self-reflection for Christians, reminding them that even if they are not directly responsible for a particular sin, they are still part of the fallen nature of humanity and must accept their share of blame with meekness and love. This acceptance of blame is an act of surrender and submission to God's will, recognizing that only through humility and repentance can one be redeemed.

One biblical example that illustrates this message is the story of the woman caught in adultery in John 8:1-11. When the scribes and Pharisees brought to Jesus a woman  who had been caught in the act of adultery and demanded that she be stoned, Jesus responded by challenging them: "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." As the accusers walked away one by one, Jesus turned to the woman and said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more." In this story, Jesus shows both compassion and mercy, recognizing that even though the woman had sinned, he himself was without sin and therefore had the power to forgive her.

In conclusion, I absolutely agree with the above quote: there is no more useful exercise in humility than taking on someone else's guilt. However, it must be remembered that there are no innocent people in the world, and we are no better than those whose guilt we assume. We can only pray that our own sins will be forgiven.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Среда, 26.04.2023, 00:29

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 20:05 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
The quote by Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, is a powerful statement that requires deep reflection. It suggests that if Jesus, who was sinless, was made guilty of sin, then every person must accept blame for all sins, even those they did not commit. The quote emphasizes the need for humility and meekness in accepting blame for all sins. Personally, I partially agree with this quote. I do believe that as human beings, we are all sinful. However, I do not believe that we should accept blame for sins we did not commit. Accepting blame for something that we did not do can lead to self-blame and feelings of guilt and shame, which can be detrimental to our mental health and well-being. On the other hand, I do believe that we should take responsibility for our own sins and ask for forgiveness. We should also be willing to forgive others who have wronged us, even if they do not ask for forgiveness. Forgiveness and humility are essential qualities that every Christian should strive to develop in their lives.

In my experience, accepting blame for sins that I did not commit has not been a practical application in my life. However, taking responsibility for my own actions and asking for forgiveness has helped me grow spiritually and emotionally. In conclusion, the quote by Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, highlights the need for humility and meekness in accepting blame for sins. This quote can help us to cultivate a spirit of humility and meekness in our relationships with others. It can help us to approach conflicts with a willingness to accept our part in them and seek reconciliation. It can also help us to avoid being self-righteous and judgmental towards others.

posternaksophieДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 22:33 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
"If the Son of God Himself was made guilty of sin, though He was sinless, then we, too, must accept blame for all sins with meekness and love."

This may seem like a harsh and unfair reality, but it is actually a liberating one. When we accept responsibility for all sins, we are freed from the burden of blame and guilt. We no longer have to spend our energy defending ourselves or justifying our actions. Instead, we can focus on growing in love and humility, knowing that our salvation is not dependent on our own efforts or righteousness.

Christ  was blameless and yet He willingly took on the sins of the world. He did not defend Himself nor tried to prove His innocence. Instead, He accepted the punishment that was due to us, so that we might be forgiven and reconciled to God.

If we truly want to follow in His footsteps, we must be willing to do the same. We must be willing to accept blame for all sins, even those that we did not commit and to forgive those who have wronged us, and to seek reconciliation with those whom we have wronged.

This is not an easy path to follow, but it is one that leads to true freedom and peace.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Суббота, 06.05.2023, 13:27

vernik04Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 18:00 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
I fully agree with the opinion of Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt.

Jesus Christ came to earth to atone for sin even though He was sinless. He was humble and righteous, He suffered and died a terrible death. His example should inspire us every day. We must realize how unworthy we are, because we are guilty of many sins. We must constantly remember this and bring deep repentance with sincere humility. Only then will we be justified and saved.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Пятница, 28.04.2023, 18:00

anastasiadregan864Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 22:50 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
The quote suggests that if even the sinless Son of God was made guilty of sin, then as imperfect humans, we should accept blame for our sins with meekness and love, and even for the sins we did not commit. It implies that humility and submission are essential virtues in accepting blame for our actions. The saint emphasizes the need to recognize our inherent sinful nature and take responsibility for our wrongdoings, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. In summary, it advocates for a humble and accepting attitude towards personal responsibility for one's actions.

I can't disagree with the opinion of Righteous John. In fact, it was said in the Bible "But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point khas become guilty of all of it. For he who said, l“Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law". (James 2:9-13)

I believe, it proves the point in the best way possible.

amasaltsevaДата: Пятница, 26.05.2023, 16:41 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
The words of Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt are indeed true. They remind us of Christ’s suffering and redemption. The aim of each Christian is to get closer to Jesus. As we all are sinful, that can’t be attained fully, but the only way is to do “your best”. Christ, as Righteous John says, despite of being pure, was condemned. As earthly creatures we should be humble, we should forgive, accepting blame for all sins with meekness and love to be forgiven ourselves.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 12:44

sasavasl15Дата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 14:32 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
Jesus, who was fully God and fully human, took upon himself the guilt and punishment for our sins by His death on the cross. He voluntarily suffered for our sins in order to reconcile us with God. This example should show us that we are responsible for our own sins and that we should take the blame for sins that we did not commit. We are called to confess our sins, repent and strive to live a holy life in obedience to God.
We should try to follow the example of our God. It will be a joy for a true Christian if he repents of sins, even those that he is not guilty of. For him, it will be an opportunity to cleanse the world of sin.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Вторник, 27.06.2023, 10:31

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 30.05.2023, 00:24 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
I like these words and I also think that accepting guilt humbly and submissively helps us to develop a spirit of humility. Humility helps us to realize that we are all responsible for the mistakes and sins that others commit. Accepting guilt, even for the actions of others, helps us to show compassion, tolerance and forgiveness. We must not forget the example that Christ showed us. He took upon Himself the sins of all mankind, being perfectly sinless. With this example before us, we can follow it, accepting the guilt, to promote peace, reconciliation and growth of spirituality in our relationships with others.

alekssander-com29Дата: Вторник, 06.06.2023, 15:32 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
It's an interesting quote, I would even call it eye-opening, because it raises a powerful message about accepting blame for sins. It reminds us that even though Jesus, who was sinless, took on the guilt of all sins, we too should accept responsibility for all sins with meekness and love. 

As it seems to me, the quote emphasizes the idea that sin is an aspect of all human beings, and by accepting blame for all sins, we demonstrate an understanding of the need for redemption. It calls for a sense of empathy and compassion towards others, recognizing their struggles and flaws.

However, it is important to approach this message with discernment. Accepting blame should not be confused with tolerating sin. It is about growing inside ourselves sense of love and humility.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 14.06.2023, 00:29

sensualpie111Дата: Суббота, 02.09.2023, 23:13 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
Righteous John's profound statement, "If the Son of God Himself was made guilty of sin, though He was sinless, then you, too, must accept blame for all sins with meekness and love," highlights the Christian principle of humility and responsibility in the face of sin. This idea resonates deeply with the teachings of Christianity and can also be found in both the Bible and classic literature.

In the Bible, the crucifixion of Jesus Christ exemplifies the ultimate act of humility and acceptance of blame. Jesus, who was sinless, willingly took upon Himself the sins of humanity. He was crucified for the sins of others, demonstrating the profound love and meekness that Righteous John speaks of. This selfless act serves as the foundation of Christian faith, emphasizing the importance of taking responsibility for the sins of humanity, even if one is personally blameless.

Classic literature also explores the theme of accepting blame and responsibility. In Fyodor Dostoevsky's novel "Crime and Punishment," the protagonist Raskolnikov commits a murder and initially justifies it as a means to a greater end. However, as the story unfolds, he grapples with overwhelming guilt and eventually accepts responsibility for his crime. This transformation highlights the idea that accepting blame, even for sins one believes are justified, can lead to spiritual growth and redemption.

In conclusion, Righteous John's quote underscores the Christian notion of embracing blame and responsibility for sins, following the example of Jesus Christ. This principle is evident in both the Bible, through Christ's crucifixion, and classic literature, where characters like Raskolnikov experience personal growth through the acceptance of their own sins. It reminds us that true humility and meekness come from acknowledging our own imperfections and taking responsibility for the sins of the world with love and submission.

Para Julia

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 258 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024