Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

Пятница, 19.04.2024, 11:20
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 255 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 255 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 255
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 28.01.2023, 13:45 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
In order to achieve concentration in prayer, one must humble oneself before God and man, and practice diligently. Without humility a person will always become distracted.

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 30.01.2023, 12:46 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Grace and Peace that we feel during prayer is given us by God. We receive them not because of our desert, but thanks to His mercy and plentiful generosity. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” - only God can save our souls, cleanse them and keep them in divine purity. “ Every good and perfect gift is from above” - All goods are from Him, we can’t do anything by ourselves, that’s why we should be humble in a praying and thanksgiving.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 19:48

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 30.01.2023, 18:02 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Humility is peace and calmness inside our mind and soul. Humility is love and belief to God. It is acceptance to all the circumstances of our life. It is absence of murmur. Humility is the state of faith and prayer. It is understanding that God is in and out and above and beneath everything. That He is always standing near, waiting us to look at Him and accept Him in our heart. "... I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" (Matt. 11:29).

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 11:54

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 31.01.2023, 12:39 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник
I would like to say that the question of focusing on prayer is always relevant for me. But how is humility related to concentration?

Yes, you need to learn to humble yourself not only for prayer, you just need to be able to do it. Humility is important in everything.

About the practice of prayer. As my dad told me as a child: "In order for athletes not to lose their physical shape, they need to train regularly, and so is with the prayer of Christians."

But in contrast to this, I will say that I had various turning points in my relationship with God. Once, when I was preparing for Communion after a long break, prayers seemed to me quick, simple and easy. Not like before - long, drawn out and uninteresting. I needed this break to understand that I like prayer.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 21:55

tsumskaa30Дата: Пятница, 17.02.2023, 11:57 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I can surely agree with Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. It is quite easy to pray when you admit that you have committed a sin, when you repent sincerely. But when this feeling of sinfulness disappears, our heart becomes cold, it is silent.

Saint Theophan the Recluse wrote many letters and now some of his books are published where different parts of these letters are joined according to the theme. Thus, the book “How to learn to pray” was created. There the Saint noticed that it is vital to be humble during the prayer. He wrote: “Above all one must beware of falling into self-righteousness. In this case, take you feet and drag them back to the feeling of your wickedness. It is so, because the Lord came to save the sinner, not the righteous”. Indeed, we know that “the broken and contrite heart God will not despise” (Psalm 51:17).

In addition to this, one elder used to ask everybody: “When you are praying, do you feel as if you are receiving a pension or as if you are begging with an outstretched hand?”. It is this distiction between the different ways of praying that is so significant.

Therefore, I suppose we should keep in mind Abbot Nikon’s words mentioned above.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 14:03

katyadorniakДата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 00:07 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I wholeheartedly agree with Abbot Nikon Vorobiev's quote that in order to achieve concentration in prayer, one must cultivate a spirit of humility. Humility is an essential quality for spiritual growth as it helps to remove distractions and center focus our attention on the divine. A person who lacks humility is more likely to become distracted by worldly concerns, prideful thoughts, and self-centered desires.

The Bible provides several examples of individuals who demonstrated humility in their prayers and were able to achieve greater spiritual depth as a result. One such example is found in Luke 18:9-14, where Jesus tells the parable of the Pharisee and the the Publician. Publican The Pharisee prayed with arrogance, thanking God that he was not like other people, while the Publician collector  Publican humbly acknowledged his sinfulness and begged for mercy. Jesus said that it was the Publician collector Publican who went home justified before God, not the Pharisee, because he approached God with a humble heart.

In conclusion, humility is a key factor in achieving concentration in prayer. When we humble ourselves before God and others, we are better able to focus our minds and hearts on the divine, free from distractions and ego-driven desires. By practicing humility and diligent prayer, we can deepen our relationship with God and experience the transformative power of prayer in our lives.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Суббота, 29.04.2023, 15:41

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 20:09 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I absolutely agree with these words. Prayer, in fact, is a very difficult thing. I used to be surprised when people said to me: "Oh, how hard it is to pray!" Then, over the years, I began to come to the understanding that one must prepare for the very process of prayer. Praying isn't just a spontaneous and automatic process of saying prayers, but it must be a heartfelt prayer according to the gift of God. It is very important. The basis of proper prayer is humility, the deepest humility. And when you stand up for prayer, you must completely humble yourself ("in the fear of God"). In front of you, the Lord himself is looking at you during the prayer.

We have many different prayers, both in the morning and in the evening. Why are these prayers given to us? Because the great saints prayed and the Lord gave them texts through the Holy Spirit and they were given to us. We must be in tune with our soul, accustom ourselves to it.
Therefore, you shouldn't have everyday thoughts, irritability, or short temper, but rather the fear of God and humility, you should humble your soul and humble yourself before the Lord in fear and then start the prayer.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 17:07

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 20:02 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
I fully agree with the quote that in order to achieve concentration in prayer, one must humble oneself before God and man, and practice diligently. Humility is a fundamental Christian virtue that involves recognizing and accepting one's limitations and weaknesses, and submitting to God's will. Without humility, it is impossible to develop a deep and meaningful relationship with God through prayer. I have personally experienced the truth of this quote in my own life. Whenever I approach prayer with an attitude of pride or self-sufficiency, I find myself easily distracted by my own thoughts and desires. It is only when I approach prayer with a humble and contrite heart that I am able to focus my attention on God and connect with Him in a meaningful way.

Furthermore, humility is not just essential for prayer but for all aspects of the Christian life. It is through humility that we are able to love and serve others, as Jesus did. As the Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 2:3-4, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." I believe that the quote by Abbot Nikon Vorobiev expresses an important truth about the importance of humility in prayer. By cultivating a spirit of humility and practicing diligently, we can approach prayer with a greater sense of concentration and connection with God.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 19:18

posternaksophieДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 22:17 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I do agree with abbot Nikon.

It is important to understand that concentration in prayer is not just a technique or methodology, but it is a state of our heart and soul. When we pray, we should be tuned to communicate with God and ready to open up all our thoughts and feelings to Him. But for this, we need to create a conducive environment for prayer, free from various distracting factors.

First of all, we need to find a quiet and peaceful place for prayer. It can be a church, a home altar, or any other place where we can feel solitude. It is also very important to set aside a specific time for prayer and make it a daily habit. When we know in advance that at a certain time we will pray, it helps us to concentrate better and avoid distractions. Furthermore, regular prayer helps us to develop our spiritual life and strengthen our connection with God. But most importantly, to achieve concentration in prayer, we must approach it with sincerity, devotion, and a pure heart. Prayer is not just a formality or obligation, but it is our opportunity to express our love for God.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Суббота, 06.05.2023, 13:29

vernik04Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 12:23 | Сообщение # 10
Подполковник
The words of Abbot Nikon Vorobiev are undoubtedly true. Many people find it difficult to concentrate on prayer because we pray without humility. But humility is what God expects from us in the first place.

We must learn humility, which means that we must recognize our unworthiness. During prayer, we must remember all our sins in a true light, see that we are not as good as we could be, and we must sincerely repent of what we have done. In such a prayer, we see the bitter truth about our corruption, but it is healing for us, it cleanses the soul and brings joy and peace.

amasaltsevaДата: Пятница, 26.05.2023, 17:03 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
These words of  abbot Nikon Vorobiev tell us about the perfect prayer to which, I suggest, each Christian should strive: humility and diligence. A lack of humility refers to unwillingness to acknowledge our weaknesses, and mistakes, it leads to a sense of self-importance which is always unprofitable for our souls and spiritual life. Consistent, diligent prayer is the way to concentrate and progress spiritually. In complex those two are a harmonic way to concentrate and by that to pray.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 12:42

sasavasl15Дата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 16:16 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
I fully agree with the quote. Humility is one of the most important virtues as it allows a person to recognize their limitations and weaknesses, and to submit themselves to the will of God. Therefore, when someone humbly approaches prayer, it becomes easier to focus on communicating with God, rather than getting distracted by external stimuli or one's own thoughts and feelings.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 30.05.2023, 00:17 | Сообщение # 13
Полковник
I do agree with these words. It seems to me that humility helps us to give up pride, conceit and the desire for self-assertion. When we humble ourselves, we acknowledge our limitations, our dependence on God and our need for help from others. This allows us to free ourselves from ourselves and our own interests, which creates space for a deeper focus on others and on important tasks.

alekssander-com29Дата: Вторник, 06.06.2023, 14:01 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
Here Abbot Nikon Vorobiev emphasizes the importance of humility in achieving concentration during prayer. It suggests that humility towards both God and fellow human beings is necessary to maintain focus and avoid distractions. By humbling oneself and recognizing one's place in relation to God and others, one can approach prayer with a clear and focused mind.
The statement also implies that without humility, distractions are likely to arise. Arrogance, pride, or a lack of humility can lead to wandering thoughts or a lack of attentiveness during prayer.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Вторник, 06.06.2023, 14:02

sensualpie111Дата: Суббота, 02.09.2023, 23:25 | Сообщение # 15
Майор
Abbot Nikon Vorobiev's statement underscores the profound role of humility in achieving genuine concentration in prayer. This sentiment resonates not only in religious texts but also in classic literature, where characters grapple with the significance of humility in their spiritual journeys. In the Bible, the story of Job serves as a poignant example. Job's unwavering humility in the face of immense suffering allowed him to maintain his connection with God, ultimately leading to his redemption. His humility in acknowledging his limitations and surrendering to a higher power allowed him to find solace and purpose amid adversity.

Classic literature, such as Leo Tolstoy's "War and Peace," also delves into the concept of humility. The character of Prince Andrei Bolkonsky undergoes a profound transformation, realizing the futility of his pride and ambition in the face of life's impermanence. Through this realization, he begins to cultivate humility, which enables him to find a deeper sense of purpose and inner peace. This example underscores the idea that humility not only plays a crucial role in prayer but also in the broader journey of self-discovery and spiritual growth.

In conclusion, whether it be the story of Job's unwavering humility in the face of suffering or Prince Andrei's transformation in "War and Peace," these examples illustrate the transformative power of humility in fostering a deeper connection with the divine and achieving spiritual clarity. Humility, as advocated by Abbot Nikon, is indeed a fundamental virtue on the path to spiritual enlightenment.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Суббота, 02.09.2023, 23:26

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 255 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024