Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 254
Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 13:31
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 254 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 254 (Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica)
Quote 254
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 09.01.2023, 21:23 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Have we helped by disseminating peace and harmony in the universe, or have we contributed to the existing chaos? For this reason we must always strive to perfect our thoughts.

Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica

tsvioletta17Дата: Воскресенье, 22.01.2023, 22:25 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
Man can produce both harmony and chaos. Everything begins with thought. If we watch what we sow, and whether we sow harmony and goodness, we will reap the same.

On the other hand,  without knowing chaos, man would not know peace and harmony. Humanity needs balance, to remember to do good and to distinguish between good and evil.

I believe that each of us should keep our thoughts pure and in harmony.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 21:53

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 23.01.2023, 20:53 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Certainly, man can both improve the world and create chaos. Ideas can benefit the world and humanity, but the key thing is to structure these ideas and not to make them haphazard.

Furthermore, you should hear other people and respect them, because as I see it, it is the inability to hear others that leads to chaos. Some say one thing and others say the opposite, and these two positions are at odds. That's a free-for-all for chaos.

I pointed out one essential thing in this quote - the necessity to improve your thoughts. That's one of the communication skills that is sorely lacking among the majority of people. For this reason, professionals with well-developed communication skills are in demand in all industries. After all, the ability to communicate effectively helps to avoid misunderstandings and conflicts, find solutions to difficult issues more quickly and work more productively, and therefore reduces the potential for chaos.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Понедельник, 23.01.2023, 20:53

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 24.01.2023, 06:49 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Thoughts.

The human mind resembles an airport. Geronda (Elder) Ephraim the Philotheitis explained it this way: Think of an airport and that every airport has a tower which allows (gives permission) for aeroplanes arriving from different directions and places of the world to land there. The pilot of the individual aircraft must first identify who he is, where he is coming from, the country of origin, etc. but it must always be verified by the tower before permission to land is given.

All kinds of thoughts enter our minds throughout the day but especially when we are worshiping and at times of prayer. Every Christian believer must always exercise caution and discernment before one is to allow any thought to enter his/her mind. He/she must examine the thought carefully and identify its origin before he/she allows it to enter therein.

The Christian must not hesitate to run to his/her father confessor and seek his guidance and blessing to overcome the temptation and assault from the devil. Through the grace of the Holy Spirit the believer will be protected and freed from every demonic influence. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (I Peter 5:8).

tsumskaa30Дата: Воскресенье, 23.04.2023, 21:52 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Our thoughts may seem insignificant. Nobody knows what we are thinking about so it may appear that our ideas are just mere trifle that can’t be harmful.

However, if we ponder on this issue, it turns out that it is with our thoughts that all our deeds begin. At first, we think of something, the decision is made in our mind, and only after that our brain sends a signal to our body and we do the action. Indeed, all our sins are conceived in our heads. As our Reverend Fathers noted, there are different stages of a sin. Interestingly enough, the first five steps are produced solely in our thoughts. The first one is demonic suggestion which is not sinful. But the second stage is conjunction when a person pays attention to a particular idea. Then comes pleasuring - the state when we direct our hearts towards the action. The fourth step is desire when we already want to commit this sin. After that the thought induces the body to act. Only then those people around us see our behaviour.

Therefore, it is obvious that everything depends on our thoughts which are really powerful. We should concentrate more on our inner life, first of all, in order not to commit a dreadful sin.

katyadorniakДата: Среда, 26.04.2023, 00:03 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I completely agree with Elder Thaddeus' idea. He emphasizes the importance of perfecting our thoughts to promote peace and harmony in the
world. Our thoughts and actions have a direct impact on our environment and those around us. By striving to perfect our thoughts, we can create a positive and peaceful atmosphere around us, which can then spread to others.

As a student, I have experienced the positive impact of perfecting my thoughts firsthand. When I entered the university, I was a bit anxious about the new environment and the challenges that lay ahead. However, I made a conscious effort to focus on positive thoughts and visualize success. As a result, I was able to stay calm and confident, which helped me perform better academically and socially. Additionally, my positive attitude inspired others around me, creating a peaceful and productive atmosphere.

In conclusion, our thoughts play a crucial role in shaping our reality. By striving to perfect our thoughts and promoting peace and harmony, we can make a positive impact on our environment and those around us. It is essential to realize that our thoughts are not only important for our personal growth, but they can also have a ripple effect on the world.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Среда, 26.04.2023, 00:04

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 19:58 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
The quote by Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica highlights the importance of self-improvement in promoting peace and harmony in the world. I agree with this quote, as our thoughts and actions have a significant impact on the world around us. If we allow negative thoughts to dominate our minds, we may contribute to the chaos and conflict that exists in the world. On the other hand, if we strive to cultivate positive thoughts and attitudes, we can make a positive difference in the world and promote peace and harmony. For instance, if a person harbors negative thoughts and emotions towards a particular group of people, it can lead to discrimination, prejudice, and even violence. In contrast, if a person cultivates a mindset of compassion and empathy towards others, it can lead to kindness, understanding, and reconciliation.

The quote expresses a fundamental truth of Christianity, which emphasizes the importance of love, compassion, and forgiveness in promoting peace and harmony. Jesus Christ taught his followers to love their neighbors as themselves, to turn the other cheek, and to forgive those who wronged them: "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:14-15) In my experience, I have found that cultivating positive thoughts and attitudes towards others can have a profound impact on my relationships and interactions with them. When I approach others with kindness and understanding, I find that they respond positively, and we are more likely to have a harmonious relationship. The practical application of this quote in my life is to be mindful of my thoughts and attitudes towards others, to strive to cultivate positive emotions such as love, compassion, and forgiveness, and to avoid negative emotions such as anger, hatred, and resentment. By doing so, I hope to make a positive contribution to the world and promote peace and harmony in my relationships and interactions with others.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Четверг, 27.04.2023, 20:00

posternaksophieДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 22:12 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
I definitely agree with this quote. Actually, it is important for people to reflect on their actions and their impact on the world around them. After the original sin, committed by Adam and Eve all the world lapsed into the sin too, as humans were responsible for this world.

It is crucial to promote peace and harmony in our interactions with others and to work towards creating a better world for all. This can be achieved by cultivating positive thoughts, practicing empathy and compassion, and being mindful of our words and actions.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Суббота, 06.05.2023, 13:28

vernik04Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 12:01 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
My spiritual father often told me that sins originate in thoughts. That is why it is very important not to allow thoughts that bring chaos in our souls. We must nip them in the bud, because if one person has chaos within himself, he will spread it in his inner circle, since society is a unified organism.

But if there is peace inside a person, if his thoughts come in harmony, then this will also affect the people next to him. He will act and speak according to his state of mind. He will not destroy and spread sin, but will bring something good into the world.

Therefore, I agree with the opinion of Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica that we all need to perfect our thoughts.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 11:17

abalakinan27Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 17:41 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
This quote is thought-provoking. To my mind, a purified mind is a precious thing. Scientists have proved that our thoughts influence our reality, that is why we should be especially attentive towards them. The thing which appears earlier than a sin is a thought. It doesn't mean that having bad thoughts is a testimony that you are a bad person. It is an evidence of being harshly attacked by the evil one. The only outlet for it is casting them aside and, to the opposite, doing good transmitting and spreading peace to this world.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 15:55

anastasiadregan864Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 22:47 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I fully agree with Elder Thaddeus' statement. In a world full of chaos, it is important to reflect on our actions and the impact they have on others. Our thoughts shape our behavior, and it is essential to strive towards perfecting them to ensure that we contribute positively to the universe. By disseminating peace and harmony, we can make a difference in the lives of others and the world around us. However, if we contribute to the existing chaos through negative thoughts and actions, we only add to the problems. Therefore, we must always be mindful of our thoughts and actions and strive towards creating a better world.

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 09.05.2023, 13:09 | Сообщение # 12
Полковник
I agree with Elder Thaddeus. Indeed, harmony starts with peaceful thoughts. When you have chaos in your mind, you will make your surrounding likewise.

A sin appears in one’s thoughts and by thinking is put into practice. We are all sinful. And we can’t cease disseminating chaos into life. However, we can try to bring peace by cleansing our thoughts and making our hearts pure. We need as it is said by apostle Paul, set our mind on what is above, not on things on the earth. And make "the peace of God rule" in our hearts, "to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful” (Colossians 3:15).

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 26.06.2023, 12:41

sasavasl15Дата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 16:08 | Сообщение # 13
Полковник
I fully agree with Elder Thaddeus' statement. The Bible teaches us to love our neighbor as ourselves, to forgive those who have wronged us, and to live in unity with one another. It emphasizes the importance of peace and harmony, and encourages us to work towards unity and reconciliation.

As believers, it is our responsibility to spread love, kindness, and compassion to those around us, and to be a positive influence in the world. By doing so, we can help to create a more peaceful and harmonious society, and bring hope to those who are hurting and in need.

However, we must also acknowledge that we are all imperfect and fall short at times. We may inadvertently contribute to chaos through our actions or words, and it is important to recognize this and seek forgiveness where necessary.

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 04.06.2023, 17:46 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
I fully agree with Elder Thaddeus. I believe that you should live your life with the intention of making this world a little bit better. Or if not better, thеn at least not worse. As Elder Thaddeus says, to disseminate peace and harmony in the universe we must always strive to perfect our thoughts. If we perfect our thoughts, or at least try to, our deeds will inevitably become better too, because what is a deed if not a natural extension of our thought? Of course, we can think good thoughts and then still sin, but we mustn’t despair. For most people thinking good thoughts and then acting on them will be something they struggle with their whole life but as long as we don’t stop trying, the world has a chance to become a better place.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Воскресенье, 04.06.2023, 17:47

alekssander-com29Дата: Вторник, 06.06.2023, 13:58 | Сообщение # 15
Подполковник
I would like to start by saying that this quote has made me slow down and seriously think. The first question that arose in my mind concerns the responsibility of each of us for what we bring into this world. Often, we complain that this world is cruel and unfair, but this question posed by Elder Thaddeus made me think, "What have I done to change the world?" It's a question I still can't answer.

Of course, changing the world seems distant and almost impossible. However, Elder Thaddeus calls upon us to refine our thoughts and to fight evil and chaos primarily within our own hearts. People can cleanse their hearts and minds by love, compassion, and by struggling the darkness within themselves. This, in turn, will dispel the darkness around them. I would like to conclude with the words of St. Seraphim of Sarov:"Save yourself, and thousands around you will be saved."

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Среда, 14.06.2023, 00:27

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 254 (Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024