Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 253
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 07:36
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 253 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 253 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 253
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 03.12.2022, 14:37 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Christians ought to perseveringly study their religion; they ought to read the Gospel more frequently, to study the Divine Service, to fulfil the commandments and the rules of the Church; to read the writings of the Holy Fathers, religious publications, in order to become imbued with the spirit of Christianity, and to live in a Christian manner. Such should be your occupations and recreations.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 05.12.2022, 11:44 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I would go along with the quotation of Saint John of Kronstadt. And my consent goes back to my personal experience. Our life that is life of Christians seems miserable when we are not aware of what we believe in and what our heritage is. Without profound realisation of such worth which have been granted to us according to God's great Love, we are likely to loose it easily. It is our aim to be imbued with the spirit of Christianity, with The Holy Spirit.

AUDIO

5 / 1

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 05.12.2022, 11:55

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 11:36 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I certainly agree with the quote, at least because, as in any case, the more you immerse yourself in something, the more questions arise. This is particularly evident in faith. It is necessary, therefore, to develop in it, to read the Holy Scriptures, to participate in church life, and to study what you believe in. In words, one may be whatever one wants to be, but a person who considers himself a Christian needs to live a Christian life in order to call himself one.

отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Воскресенье, 11.12.2022, 22:25

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 13:04 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
It seems clear to me that these words of saint John of Kronstadt are absolutely right.

There's no doubt, that we, who tend to call ourselves Christians, should be involved in teaching of our faith. We shall live on Sacraments of the Church, attend services, keep fasts, pray after waking up and before going to bed. But, and it's significant, the reason for the fulfilment of all these commandments and rules of the Church should lay deeply in our hearts (so that we do not act as scribes, following all the external rules without our heart). The name of this reason - our love to our God Jesus Christ.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matt. 5:48). This commandment of Christ is the percept for us, so that we are ready to fulfil everything He told us to fulfil.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 12.12.2022, 19:21

antonryadinskiДата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 18:36 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I absolutely agree with the words of saint John of Kronstadt. From personal experience, I can confirm that everything he said really helps to feel the spirit of Christianity. As I remember, in order to learn more about the Liturgy, I bought a special book about the order of the divine service and read it during the Liturgy. I also began to read the interpretation of the Gospel by A.P. Lopukhin, so I could better understand difficult moments in the Scriptures.

It's amazing, but already a year later, I began to understand many things in Orthodoxy. Thus, I advise everyone to begin their immersion in Christianity by reading the order of the Liturgy. At first, it seems like a difficult thing, but after a few times you can feel the joy of understanding the divine service. And the more you immerse yourself in reading liturgical literature, the more you become imbued with the spirit of Christianity.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Понедельник, 12.12.2022, 19:21

tsumskaa30Дата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 21:46 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I believe that father John was right when he wrote that all Christians should read spiritual literature. For if we are sure that we don’t need any guidance because we have already been established in the faith, it shows our pride and prelest’ which is a bad sign.

It is dangerous that with no spiritual direction we may turn towards the outward part of our religion neglecting the writings of saints and the inner content of Orthodoxy.

According to my experience, it is really vital to appeal to the Holy Gospel again and again even if we know the plot of the Evangelical story in details. That’s because when we look into the Holy Words or the Commentaries at some particular time, we may discover a new meaning which can be applied to our individual situation and help us when we have some hardship. For prayer is our monologue to God but the Gospel is the Lord’s response to us. And therefore, if we want to receive the answer, we should read the spiritual literature as often as we can.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 12.12.2022, 20:54

vernik04Дата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 22:21 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
The problem of Christians who do not study their religion is well understood by me. Christians who do not know the basics of their religion live with a strange mixture of church canons and superstitions in their minds. Such people will never present the church in a good light for non-believers.

Reading the Gospel, studying the works of Holy Fathers is a very good way to spend time usefully. Such an occupation is very ennobling to the soul and mind.

So the advice of St. Ioann of Kronstadt is not only useful for the soul, but also practical and I agree with it.

posternaksophieДата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 23:08 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
I definitely agree with the quote.

Actually, my main aim when joining PSTGU was to learn more not only about the language, but also about my religion. From the early childhood my parents told me about the faith and the Orthodox religion, but they never lectured me or stuffed me with information. As a result, I grew up perceiving the religion more on the intuitive and perceptive level.

At university our teachers helped us to study the religious subjects in a way which was particularly interesting and informative. I am truly grateful to my university as it gives an opportunity to learn more about our faith. It also shows the non-orthodox that intelligent people believe in God.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Суббота, 06.05.2023, 13:24

anastasiadregan864Дата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 23:51 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I go along with the thought of Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. The most interesting subject in the second year of study at the university was the New Testament with Lozhkin. The deepening into the meaning, causes, consequences, the course of biblical events is fascinating. Constant study of the theological works of the Holy Fathers, reading the Gospel, studying the history of the Orthodox Church not only develops a human personality, but also strengthens his faith, makes his thoughts pure and his deeds righteous.

It is very important to read the Gospel, because the Gospel is more than a book, it is a call addressed to a person to hear God. We cannot hear and see Him physically, but we have immortal souls created by God, for whom this is possible with the help of the Gospel. And then a real miracle happens to a person: he meets God. He may not understand Him, he may even resist the will of the Lord, but if he once met God through the Gospel, he will not get away from Christ.

AUDIO

5 / 1

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Вторник, 06.12.2022, 23:52

katyadorniakДата: Вторник, 06.12.2022, 23:51 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
Personally, I believe that every Christian should be an apostle of his faith. To convert an non-believer to Orthodoxy is a great blessing and a great work. And to convert a non–believer or an atheist, you need to know as much about it as possible.

The ability to discuss, reason, convince people and show them the miracles and truths of our faith should come from deep knowledge of theological texts and the Gospel.

That is why Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, is absolutely right.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Понедельник, 12.12.2022, 23:22

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 08.12.2022, 00:22 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
I definitely agree with the idea of righteous John. Actually, it seems we can apply it not only to Christianity: it’s kind of wrong to be a dilettante in a sphere you are in, or in something you’re keen on. It is especially important when we come to talk about our faith. How can we call ourselves true Christians when we don’t know much about our own religion? To tell the truth, I realised I wasn’t aware of, for instance, quite simple theological features while studying at my first year at University. I was quite surprised by that for I had been studying in an Orthodox school and was raised in a religious family, so believed myself to be quite «enlightened».

In Revelation 3:15-19 it is said: “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”
I guess, we can look at these words in the context of studying our own theology - we should be fervent, be truly into what we believe in. The problem is that we are all only humans and are weak. What is more, we live in a secular society and indeed do understand, and feel, and face how difficult it is to stay fervent when you are surrounded by non-religious people.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 12.12.2022, 13:46

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 09.12.2022, 19:18 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
I agree with the quote, but only partially. The instructions given in this quote will be useful for any Christian, because a deep study of one's own faith improves spirituality and understanding of Christianity. Moreover, if a person daily devotes part of their free time to God, then it will be easier for them to feel his involvement in Christianity and not to forget that this person is a Christian and how they should behave.

However, if you overdo it, you can become like the Old Testament Pharisees. One can easily fall into the sin of pride and consider those fellow believers who do not devote so much time to the study of Christianity as worse than themselves. That is why I find this quote very helpful, but only if you remember to be humble and not judge others.

As for me personally, I do not devote much personal time to studying Christianity, however, since I study at an Orthodox university, my classmates and I learn a lot about Christianity for ourselves in the classes.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Пятница, 09.12.2022, 19:19

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 253 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024