Saint Paisios of Mount Athos

Четверг, 28.03.2024, 19:05
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 236 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 236 (Saint Paisios of Mount Athos)
Quote 236
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 08.04.2022, 15:13 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Work is a blessing, a gift from God. Work gives vigour to the body and refreshes the mind. If God had not given us work, man would have become mouldy. Those who are diligent continue to work into their old age.

Saint Paisios of Mount Athos

zhuravleva369Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 12:55 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
I agree with Saint Paisios' thoughts about work. For many people work is something unpleasant. They can't wait to finish it as soon as possible and go home. However, there are some people who really love their profession. I think that we should find the type of work which will suit us and make us feel inspired and joyful.

It is written in the Bible: "The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you" [Deut. 28:8]. By "everything you put your hand to" Moses means labor. The Lord promises us a blessing in every work. It does not mean that we just need to do nothing, and God will do everything instead. But He promises to make our work successful. So, no matter how hard or dirty our work is, it will be blessed by God.

7109633Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 13:57 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
I fully agree with Saint Paisios of Mount Athos. I'd view it in a broader way, not just as a job you have to earn money, but any labour which includes taking care of your home, helping relatives and the world beyond your daily life. One must move and do something, or else one is not alive. It is impossible to relax all the time as at some point you will feel an unbearable urge to change this state of yours. A job can be unpleasant due to various reasons but I believe that it is not because people don't want to do anything at all, but because of circumstances. Overworking, unreliable colleagues, personal issues with which you yet have to work and so on. It is not work itself but the way the process of working is built in your life. And once it is handled well you truly can see what a blessing is ordinary labour. "And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work ... this is indeed a gift from God." (Ecclesiastes 5:19.)

AUDIO

Шебалкина Е.И.

dolysovacomДата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 19:21 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
I completely agree with this statement. Without work, a person will wither, lose interest in life. He will have nothing to strive for, nothing to develop in. Everyone has their own place in the world. When a person spends time in vain, it is a sin. This is also called laziness, and laziness is followed by despondency.
The Lord Himself was a carpenter and by this He showed an example of life and the way of salvation. The Lord created us in His image, that is, people are similar to their Creator. God created the earth, a beautiful nature with numerous colors and unusual landscapes. There are also architects, builders, and artists among the people. Now, in the fifth week of Lent, we remember St. Mary of Egypt. When she lived in worldly amusements, created nothing, she came to nothing. But after meeting with God, she put a lot of work into correcting her life, in the struggle with her thoughts. And now in Lent we remember her feat. I mean, everyone in the world should do their own thing, and self-improvement is also an important part of life.

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Среда, 04.05.2022, 21:09

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 11.04.2022, 17:47 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I couldn't agree more with Saint Paisios of Mount Athos. Work is introduced here not only as a source of doing something for a living. It's a point of inspiration. Favourite work gives powers to go on, literally wings to fly.

Without any labour there's no sense in life. People must fall into despair and they are likely to gain depression and despondency.

Idleness is the root of all evil while painstaking
 work preserves from laziness. It's worth to say that labour leads to Salvation. The evil one fears hard-working people.

That's why a lifelong pursuit is nothing else but a gift from God.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 18:39

anastasiadregan864Дата: Понедельник, 25.04.2022, 17:51 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
I absolutely agree with Saint Paisios' statement. Labor is necessary for all of us. Without any occupation, mental or physical labor, a person will stop developing. Work is necessary for socialization and self-realization. Any work helps to distract from problems and sad thoughts. Those who work are less prone to depression and mental illness. Therefore, work is really a blessing, because only by working a person can fully live.

My grandfather started working as a child, he always tried to help his parents. Now he is retired, but he always finds something to do. Every day he gets up early in the morning, exercises and manages to do a hundred things in a day. He builds a house on his own, takes care of the cottage, repairs the car and reads a lot. I think my grandfather will live a long and rich life, because he is always full of strength, energy
and never allows himself to be lazy. ‘Those who are diligent continue towork into their old age.’ - It's definitely about my grandfather.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 01:40

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 04.05.2022, 16:48 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I’m sure that it’s vital for a human being to have some work.

I can reflect on this statement according to my own experience. Since my childhood, when I started to go to school, I have felt bored when I didn't have anything to do. That’s why every summer I make up a list of different activities both physical and mental. I have a great fear to be lazy not only because it’s not right to be an idler but also because when I have too much free time, I feel useless as I do not always spend it the best way. I suppose that this feeling can lead to great despondency or speaking fashionably, to depression.

Nowadays many people, especially those who have a great fortune, who don’t need to work hard every day, can’t manage without psychologists. I believe that’s because they usually don’t benefit people, whereas it’s natural for us to serve our neighbours. Even Christ our Lord showed us the example when He washed His disciples’ feet. Therefore, people can feel happiness only when they do some work, particularly for the benefit of others. And so did St. Paisios tell: “If God had not given us work, man would have become mouldy” because being lazy and selfish is just against our nature.

To conclude, I fully agree with Saint Paisios as it’s so relevant nowadays to be active and diligent to work hard and to serve our neighbours.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 19:07

antonryadinskiДата: Вторник, 24.05.2022, 20:03 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
I agree with Saint Paisios of Mount Athos. One of the first commandments to Adam in Eden was to dress and to keep the garden: "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it" (Gen. 2: 15). So, when the man was created, God immediately gave him a work. I think, a work can't be named otherwise than "a blessing" and "a gift", God always grants us a work which is helpful to us.

It's also true that without a work we can become "mouldy". As an example, I always admired my grandfather who is 80 years old and he can't live without a work. I would say that in comparison with me he is more "diligent". I always wonder at what a favorite work can do to a man.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 15:13

vernik04Дата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 18:36 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
Saint Paisios of Mount Athos was absolutely right.
I believe working for the common good or working for yourself is very important. We bring good to the world, to our neighbour and to ourselves through work. We develop ourselves through the actions we take, improve ourselves and our skills, help others. As Christians we must work while we are able to, through work we become better. Labor distinguishes a person from an animal, it is this that gives progress to society, gives happiness.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Среда, 29.06.2022, 18:16

katyadorniakДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 20:04 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
I agree with the opinion of Saint Paisios of Mount Athos. Without daily work, a person becomes lazy, intemperate, subject to various vices and sins. This "mould" can destroy a person, eat them alive.
In monasteries, work is very common as a daily monastic routine. Even in paradise, Adam, still sinless, was given the task of naming animals - a mental task, a physical one, and yet - it was a work for the glory of God. Work tires the body, forcing us to remember about its imperfection. At the same time, work forces us to refrain from excesses, which prolongs our days. Work humbles and teaches patience. Indeed, this is a huge boon.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 07:30

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 236 (Saint Paisios of Mount Athos)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024