Пятница, 03.05.2024, 20:40
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 230 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 230 (Blessed Jerome)
Quote 230
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 18.02.2022, 22:18 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
The friendship which can cease has never been real.

Blessed Jerome

posternaksophieДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 16:41 | Сообщение # 16
Подполковник
I cannot fully agree with the quote. To my mind, people are the most changeable creatures in this world. People who once were small kids grow up to become completely different personalities. In my school years I used to have two great friends and they were real. We used to have so much fun with each other and we helped each other out when we were in trouble. That friendship was truly real, but as we finished school we parted. Not because we were not friends, but because we changed.

People are like huge liners. We sail across life. With some liners we sail in parallel, and with some we cross each others' trajectory. With some liners we don't meet at all. And that is absolutely fine! We are all human beings. We meet and we part, there's nothing wrong with that. It's vital not to break promises which cannot be broken, like marriage or the connection with parents and relatives. But there's nothing wrong with parting with friends.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 21:08

vernik04Дата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 16:44 | Сообщение # 17
Подполковник
I understand what Blessed Jerome means, but I cannot fully agree with his statement.

On the one hand, true friendship means absolute love for another person, for whom you can make sacrifices, whom you can help no matter what, whom you accept with all his flaws. A true friend is like a member of your family, the closest person whom we love endlessly.

Nowadays it is very difficult to find a person with whom you can experience such friendship. Very often there is no reciprocity in such friendship. You can give a person all of yourself, make sacrifices for him, take care of him, but he may not respond in the same way. But that doesn't mean the friendship you offered him wasn't real. Or, there are times when friends have to part because of compelling circumstances, but this does not mean that such friendship was not real.

A person changes a lot in his life. What was once important to him is replaced by new beliefs and values. So, having endured changes friends can become completely different people who can no longer be friends. Unfortunately, in our realities, this often happens.

anastasiadregan864Дата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 21:12 | Сообщение # 18
Подполковник
I cannot fully agree with the statement of Blessed Jerome.

For me, the word friend has great meaning and value. A friend is a person with whom you can share the most intimate things, who will always support you by word or deed, whom you completely trust and consider him a very close and beloved person. However, I don't think that real friends stay with you for life. Life can separate even the closest ones. Often people's paths diverge. In my experience, this happens especially often after graduation. People go to different universities, different cities and even countries. They have a new life, new friends, new hobbies. Their communication is becoming less frequent, they do not have the opportunity to meet and share what is happening in their lives. And this does not mean that their friendship was not real, they just felt good with each other for a certain period of time. However, if the friendship is interrupted due to betrayal, then of course it cannot be called a real friendship.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Вторник, 07.06.2022, 21:12

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 230 (Blessed Jerome)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024