Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 229
St. Ignatius of Antioch

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 27.04.2024, 18:51
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 229 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 229 (St. Ignatius of Antioch)
Quote 229
readeralexeyДата: Четверг, 10.02.2022, 11:09 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Do not have Jesus Christ on your lips and the world in your heart.

St. Ignatius of Antioch

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 18.04.2022, 15:51 | Сообщение # 16
Полковник
I highly appreciate the phrase of Saint Ignatius of Antioch. It seems like his utterance applied to Pharisees and scribes who honored God only with their lips but their hearts were far way from Him: "They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules" (Matthew 15:7-9). But it's related not only to them but to contemporary ourselves. When we are committed and bound to mundane things it's impossible to think about Salvation and life after death. It's hard to combine wealth and success with eternity and people who try are likely to indulge in vices.

That's why we ought to devote our souls to God, serving Him and the others during the whole life.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 27.06.2022, 18:19

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 26.05.2022, 22:10 | Сообщение # 17
Полковник
I totally agree with St. Ignatius of Antioch. I think it is more important what's in your heart rather what's on your lips. I also remember the words from the Gospel: "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies" (Matt. 15:18-19).

So, we need to have Christ in our heart in order to avoid these bad things. Only He can help us.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 15:02

vernik04Дата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 16:00 | Сообщение # 18
Подполковник
I absolutely agree with the words of Saint Ignatius.
Indeed, it is not enough for a person to be a Christian only in words. "Faith without works is dead" (James 2:26). You can’t just say that you believe in God and He is important to you, you also need to back up this statement with good deeds and the improvement of your heart. To do this, you need to put God first in your heart.

In my opinion, the world should not dominate the soul of man, and God should be given the most honorable place in a person's life.

anastasiadregan864Дата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 23:37 | Сообщение # 19
Подполковник
I fully agree with Saint Ignatius of Antioch.
There are people who consider themselves Christians, they can talk a lot about God and the commandments, teach others. However, in reality it turns out that God is not in the first place in their hearts. Often those who talk a lot about how righteous and virtuous Christians they are, in fact, do not prove it in practice. They are more concerned with the mundane than the spiritual. A true Christian, on the other hand, talks less and does more. He gives God the leading place in his life.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 229 (St. Ignatius of Antioch)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024