Воскресенье, 05.05.2024, 07:11
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 228 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 228 (St. Basil the Great)
Quote 228
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 18:14 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
He who prays for others prays for himself.

St. Basil the Great

etenthousandg1Дата: Понедельник, 11.04.2022, 07:00 | Сообщение # 16
Сержант
St. Basil the Great reminds us of the crucial importance of good deeds in our path to salvation. After all, what is a prayer for others if not a good deed? There are also more complex facets to this. For example, when we pray for someone else, we cultivate empathy, which, in my personal opinion, is one of the most important character traits for any Christian. When apostle Peter tells us 'Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous' (1 Peter 3:8), what he is telling us is to be empathetic, and as I said, praying for others is certainly a part of that, and in my opinion, is certainly good in the eyes of God.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

antonryadinskiДата: Пятница, 03.06.2022, 15:40 | Сообщение # 17
Полковник
I really like this quote by St. Basil the Great. I remember the podcast of metropolitan Kallistos (Ware) about the Jesus prayer and his thoughts about it. I liked the idea that we can also say the prayer like: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us" instead of "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me". It is also written in the Scriptures: "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:17). I am not a theologian, but I think that if we pray for others, God understands our inner thought and good intentions and gives a blessing.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 15:01

vernik04Дата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 15:24 | Сообщение # 18
Подполковник
It is impossible not to agree with the statement of St. Basil the Great.

If we pray only for ourselves, we will be too selfish, as if we do not care about our loved ones and people in general. The Lord commanded us to love our neighbors, which means that we must pray for them. The Lord also called us to love and pray for our enemies. It is very difficult, but if we forgive those who offend us, pray for them, the Lord will see our efforts and will not leave us.

Therefore, prayers for others have a greater importance than prayers only for ourselves.

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 08.06.2022, 00:37 | Сообщение # 19
Подполковник
One of the main commandments of Christ reads: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ (Mark 12:31). There is no commandment greater than this. This is the very essence of Christianity. We should love and take care of our neighbors as we would like them to take care of us. It's the same with prayer. With love and warmth, or excitement and longing, we say prayers for other people.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Вторник, 28.06.2022, 14:08

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 228 (St. Basil the Great)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024