Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 225
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 00:04
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 225 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 225 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 225
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 15:39 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
That which a man loves, to which he turns, that he will find. If he loves earthly things, he will find earthly things, and these earthly things will abide in his heart, will communicate their earthliness to him and will find him; if he loves heavenly things, he will find heavenly things, and they will abide in his heart and give him life.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

tukova0306Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 20:02 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
I completely agree with the holy and righteous John of Kronstadt. Indeed, if a person loves earthly things, then he will receive them, but if he turns to the spiritual, then he will gain it. I would like to say that a person's aspiration determines all his life path. But it is important to note that person's aspirations are always subjective, that is, individual desires and goals of a person largely depend on his inner will and self-control ability. It depends only on the person himself what will abide in his heart and give him life.

vernik04Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 21:30 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
I totally agree with St. John’s words. Indeed, earthly things tie us to earthly life, we become too dependent on them. But we should remember that these things are temporary, they cannot give us true happiness. So, people should focus on heavenly things, on union with the Lord, on eternal life after death, because only these things matter.

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 22:38 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
It is often said that thoughts are material, that one must desire in order to receive. St John talks about the same thing, but in a Christian way and I'm totally agree with him.

We must be aware of our desires and ideas that attract us. We must break ourselves if we are attracted to the sinful and useless. Because those who have dreamed of earthly things all their lives are unlikely to realize the bliss of heaven.
Often people who have spent their whole lives trying to achieve some goal end up feeling empty when they reach it. I have experienced this in my life. Indeed, it is better to strive for the heavenly, so that later you will not be bitterly disappointed.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 07.12.2021, 22:04

lopatinavarvaraДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 23:32 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
This quote of Righteous John Wonderworker of Kronstadt made me think. In my opinion, doing good deeds is necessary for people because all good actions are done from the heart and soul. The most important thing about good actions and their meaning in our world is that by doing it, you give your fellow warmth. Each of our actions affects the future that we create ourselves. Unlike a single good deed that happens in the life of every person, even a villain, virtue means regular, constant doing of goodness, which becomes a habit, a great skill. It is the acquisition of such skills that makes a person in the true sense of the word good, kind, because good skills help to get rid of bad habits, that is, sinful passions that enslave every person who is not enlightened by Christ. The true good always deeply and purely comforts the one who unites his soul with it. This is the only unselfish joy – the joy of goodness, the joy of the Kingdom of God. And in this joy, man will be saved from evil, will live with God forever.

mariabrkДата: Среда, 08.12.2021, 20:13 | Сообщение # 6
Сержант
Lord Jesus Christ said clearly and simply, 'For where your wealth is, there will your heart be' (Matt. 6:21). Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt expands these words, comments on them. It's true that what you think about and what you desire affects what you get. If you seek for entertainment and worldly comfort, you get it, but you lose something. And that 'something' is a blessed afterlife with God. What is also true is that our thoughts can become tangible. If we are full of optimistic thoughts, our life will be full of good and wonderful things. If there is laziness, gluttony and lust inside us, we will find only things which fit these parameters. So, achieving peace and love within us and in relationships with others is our mission here if we want God to abide in us.

Сообщение отредактировал mariabrk - Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 14:07

nastenatlt98Дата: Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 17:55 | Сообщение # 7
Сержант
I fully agree with the opinion of the righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. What a person devotes his time to, what he is interested in, this will remain in his life. Of course, every person has some responsibilities to the family, to the state, to the boss at work. But I like the idea that I heard at the sermon of one of the priests, he said that it is important not to renounce your civic duties, but to apply religious knowledge in life. Therefore, I think that if you fulfill your duties and at the same time seek communion with God, try to truly live a Christian life, then everything will be fine.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:04

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:41 | Сообщение # 8
Сержант
It's hard to disagree with St. John of Kronstadt here. I think Man's greatest power, as well as his greatest folly lies in this ability to get what we desire most deeply. This is why it's so important to always remain vigilant, as well as to keep in our mind and heart God and the Kingdom of Heaven. Because after all, the true goal in life is deification, a union with God. And as the Righteous John of Kronstadt says, we must love God to truly find Him.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 22:56 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
Quite often people put in the first place the purposes which are connected with earthly things. It is mournful sad but even those who consider themselves Christians think more about external things. Of course, there is nothing wrong with bothering about work, food and clothes but it becomes wrong when one forgets about his/her internal state, soul and other heavenly things.

Our Saviour gave an example in the parable about invited guests. The king called them to his son’s wedding. However, they “…made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise” (Matthew 22:5). Jesus Christ said told this parable about the Kingdom of Heaven. Those people who were occupied with different earthly things, refused to come to the wedding, that is, they didn’t
hear the call of God.

Therefore, I fully agree with St. Righteous John, and I suppose that it is vital to remember these words.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 07.03.2022, 13:24

valpet251Дата: Вторник, 29.03.2022, 23:00 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
In the Gospel of Matthew there are such words: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Mt.6, 19-21). Righteous John of Kronstadt reminds us of these words of the Savior, warns us against concentrating exclusively on earthly issues and tasks. Of course, living in the world, we cannot help but think about pressing, everyday issues, but the Lord calls us to have a higher goal, a higher aspiration, having which, our whole life will be built around the main goal. Following the words of Christ, the main aspiration of our life should be the Kingdom of Heaven. And this aspiration, in turn, will sanctify and help to correctly build all the other everyday issues of our life.

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 01.04.2022, 16:20 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I fully agree with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. I believe that whatever you have in your heart, whatever takes up your thoughts and attention, is what you are striving towards and what, in the end, you will get. And the thing is, you just cannot have both earthly and heavenly things in your heart. You either focus all your attention on heavenly things and they, hopefully, will find you, or you focus on earthly things and, for example, try to become rich and have a comfortable life. But “no man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon” (Matthew 6:24).

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 01.04.2022, 16:26

7109633Дата: Суббота, 09.04.2022, 18:32 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
I cannot agree more with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. Even ordinary people know that idea that the thoughts you have attract the things you have in mind. That's why one can say to you that you shouldn't overload yourself with bad expectations, because it will make those things more likely to happen.
Also we can see that all the sins are practically about earthly things which already give us a hint on what is wrong to have as the main goal of life. And as someone above said it often turns out to be not that precious once you got what you had striven to have. Truly blissful and spiritually valuable things are substituted in their meaningfulness by earthly ones. Thus, a human being himself or herself loses the real value of existence and makes it hollow.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Среда, 04.05.2022, 21:41

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 225 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024