Воскресенье, 12.05.2024, 15:01
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 221 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 221 (Saint Paisios of Mount Athos)
Quote 221
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 23.10.2021, 15:05 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Everyone has the responsibility of understanding the deeper meaning of life... If they did this, then people wouldn’t be mean and petty, nor would they grumble with one another.

Saint Paisios of Mount Athos

nastenatlt98Дата: Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:01 | Сообщение # 16
Сержант
I fully agree with the opinion of Saint Paisios of Mount Athos. Of course, if people have a clear understanding of what they live for, then there will be fewer quarrels between people. However, I cannot say that people would stop being petty completely. The devil constantly tempts all people, but undoubtedly the understanding that this life is temporary and it is only a "preparation" for eternal life greatly helps to cope with these temptations.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Воскресенье, 12.12.2021, 18:07

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:32 | Сообщение # 17
Сержант
I think that this is one of the few quotes I have a hard time sincerely agreeing with. I think we all have imagined a perfect world once, much like the St. Paisios gives us a peek into. A world where goodness and honesty abounds. Of course, understanding what exactly we are here on this Earth for is absolutely conducive to multiplying goodness and God's grace. But I think that because of the original sin, it ultimately wouldn't matter. Even the strongest hearts are susceptible to sin. Another thing I would like to draw attention to is something that I've already talked about previously in the context of a different quote. St. Paisios talks about understanding the deeper meaning of life. But without putting theory into practice, it will never be true understanding.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Среда, 02.02.2022, 23:01 | Сообщение # 18
Подполковник
I agree with St. Paisios of Mount Athos. Of course, sooner or later, everybody asks themselves what is the purpose of their lives. If people come to the Christian ideology, they understand that the purpose of our earthly existence is Love: “Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren” (1John 3:16).

If people realize this idea, they will certainly change their perception of things and their behaviour in order not to waste our precious life to quarrels and resentment.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 221 (Saint Paisios of Mount Athos)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024