Суббота, 11.05.2024, 12:10
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 215 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 215 (Saint Kosmas Aitolos)
Quote 215
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 11.09.2021, 01:29 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
The first among all evils is ignorance; next comes lack of faith.

Saint Kosmas Aitolos

mariabrkДата: Суббота, 04.12.2021, 23:43 | Сообщение # 16
Сержант
I can relate to the words of Saint Kosmas Aitolos. Moreover, I cannot agree more, for if one does not find themselves involved in a process of getting knowledge, contemplation and is not interested in it, it's a disaster. Such a person only savours worldly joys and never wants to dig deeper into the goal of this life.

Next stage is lack of faith which is, on the one hand, challenging, but, on the other hand, manageable with God's help. We must never stop praying! Even if we find ourselves experiencing sort of lack of faith, we must admit it and speak honestly about it with God. Then we should pray even more zealously, but we must never accept a thought that God does not love us. It is the greatest mistake of all.

Remember the parable of the prodigal son and do your best to find inner peace and to hear God speaking to you through some events or people, etc.

Сообщение отредактировал mariabrk - Среда, 08.12.2021, 18:26

lopatinavarvaraДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:44 | Сообщение # 17
Лейтенант
This quote of Saint Kosmas Aitolos is very interesting. And the question raised there is very relevant in our time. Due to lack of knowledge, people often don’t see the truth, which may limit a person. While knowledge gives the truth and helps to understand, simply said, what is good and what is bad, ignorance clouds person’s eyes and makes him an easy object of evil. Lack of faith, of course, can be considered a great evil, since non-believers are misled, which prevents them from gaining a strong faith. There are people who do not believe in God, but at the same time live according to their conscience and do good. Returning to ignorance, I can say that a lack of information can lead a person astray and confuse him.

Сообщение отредактировал lopatinavarvara - Среда, 08.12.2021, 15:48

anastasiadregan864Дата: Вторник, 07.12.2021, 15:32 | Сообщение # 18
Подполковник
Judging by myself, I would say that one follows from the other. It is ignorance that breeds a lack of faith. When I was in school, I hardly touched the Holy Scripture, but I attended church. Unfortunately, now I understand that it was only a tradition, not a faith. I did not follow the course of the service, I was not interested because I did not understand the words, the sermons that I heard. At the university, we started theological disciplines that changed my perception. I began to listen, and therefore to understand. Every word of prayer has acquired the deepest meaning. It was knowledge that helped me strengthen my faith.

nastenatlt98Дата: Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:27 | Сообщение # 19
Сержант
I do not fully understand whether I am interpreting this statement correctly. I believe that it is not so much about ignorance itself, but about accepting this ignorance. A person in the modern world has a huge variety of ways for self-development. This also applies to religious education. When a person not only does not have enough religious knowledge, but he is quite comfortable in this state, he begins to talk about how to conduct Church life correctly, what needs and does not need to be done. The problem is that in his judgments a person relies not on religious tradition, but on his own thoughts. Hence, a lack of faith may subsequently appear.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:27

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:28 | Сообщение # 20
Сержант
I think that this is a very interesting quote. In the contemporary world it is tempting to see knowledge and faith in somewhat contradictory terms. After all, don’t we take on faith the things that we cannot or don't want to learn through evidence and reason? But the human mind is ultimately infinitely limited. How could it possibly comprehend something that is infinitely limitless? In light of that, is faith not just another form of knowledge, one that supersedes the material boundaries of the physical world, transcends the limits of our earthly knowledge? To return to the quote, it is slightly unusual. Why is it ignorance that is the first of all evils, not lack of faith? I think that the key to solving this small conundrum is in seeing lack of faith as yet another kind of ignorance. That would mean that lack of faith is the first among all evils after all.

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 215 (Saint Kosmas Aitolos)
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024