Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 214
St Mark the Ascetic (Philokalia, Vol. 1)

Это форум для студентов вуза.
Участие сторонних пользователей
не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 12.05.2024, 12:44
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 214 - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 214 (St Mark the Ascetic (Philokalia, Vol. 1))
Quote 214
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 06.09.2021, 23:42 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Often our knowledge becomes darkened because we fail to put things into practice. For when we have totally neglected to practise something, our memory of it will gradually disappear.

St Mark the Ascetic (Philokalia, Vol. 1)

anastasiadregan864Дата: Вторник, 07.12.2021, 14:47 | Сообщение # 16
Подполковник
I fully agree with the idea of St Mark the Ascetic. We work hard, get our knowledge for the purpose of its practical application. It shapes us, allows us to earn money, transfer it to other people, raise children. If we do not give it practical application, then this knowledge becomes useless and meaningless. It is forgotten, lost. An example is emigrants who are native speakers, but after some years they begin to speak with a strong accent, and some of them even forget their native language.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Вторник, 07.12.2021, 14:48

nastenatlt98Дата: Понедельник, 13.12.2021, 10:28 | Сообщение # 17
Сержант
I absolutely agree with this statement. There is a wonderful expression that is used in the secular world, "Practice makes perfect." That is, the more we train, the more we try to apply the acquired knowledge in practice, the better this knowledge is absorbed. The same situation is with the religious world. What is the point of having theological knowledge, but not applying it in practice? What is the point of knowing the dogmas of the Church, but not going to Church and not taking part in the Sacraments of the Church? Therefore, I fully agree with the opinion of St. Mark the Ascetic and believe that it is necessary to apply your knowledge in practice, so as not to seem to be a Christian, but really to be one.

Сообщение отредактировал nastenatlt98 - Пятница, 17.12.2021, 22:19

etenthousandg1Дата: Среда, 12.01.2022, 14:27 | Сообщение # 18
Сержант
I completely agree with this quote, and I think that this piece of wisdom is true in various contexts. But it seems to me that it is useful to read it in the context of good works. It is tempting to stuff ourselves with knowledge and wisdom. One can be an insightful theologian, or one can know the Gospels inside and out. But ultimately, it is the good works, the 'practice' of these things that is necessary for salvation. And salvation is our goal, so I think that this is the key thing to take away from St. Mark the Ascetic's words. If we claim to know the Gospels and the church fathers but aren't practising what they teach us, can we really claim to know them?

Зипунников С. (Потерял пароль от старого профиля)

7109633Дата: Суббота, 09.04.2022, 18:00 | Сообщение # 19
Лейтенант
I fully agree with St Mark the Ascetic. Our brain is designed in such a way that things we have stopped repeating step by step leave our memory. My experience as a student shows the same results. If I look up during a semester my lecture notes and use my knowledge to do practical tasks, it is much easier to prepare for the exams. On the internet you can find a wide range of techniques how to remember things for a long period of time. However, in my humble opinion the best way to keep your knowledge with you is to use it in real life, so to say, put it in practice. It seems to me that knowledge is a kind of strong power, which is why I believe that sharing knowledge with someone will bring good to both sides.

AUDIO

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 15:26

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 214 (St Mark the Ascetic (Philokalia, Vol. 1))
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024