Unit 77 Reminiscences and regrets - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 77 Reminiscences and regrets
Unit 77 Reminiscences and regrets
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 29.04.2023, 12:06 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What stands out in your mind when you think about your own childhood?

Do you ever think ‘I wonder what became of …?’ When this happens, who or what do you think about?

Is there any aspect or time of your life that you only have vague memories of?

What stands out in your mind as the most pleasant memory? The least pleasant?

Are you nostalgic about anything?

Looking back, do you regret / rue / lament / mourn anything?

Do you have recurring pangs of conscience / guilt / remorse? If yes, are they about something you did or about something you did not do?

Have you ever discovered you had been looking at something through rose-tinted spectacles? Do you know anyone who does so now? Why do you think this happens?

tsvioletta17Дата: Воскресенье, 30.04.2023, 13:18 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
Have you ever discovered you had been looking at something through rose-tinted spectacles? Do you know anyone who does so now? Why do you think this happens?

This topic definitely suits me. It seems to me that everyone in their life goes through the "pink glasses stage". Let me remind you that rose-colored glasses are an idealized and overly optimistic view of the world, events, and people around them.

In my case, this manifests itself in relationships with people, I idealize people, or rather their images, which I see through my pink prism. But even such a process can be scientifically explained. This is a psychological and biochemical process that occurs when we create positive illusions about another person, exaggerating his virtues and ignoring his shortcomings. This often happens when we fall in love or experience other positive emotions towards other people. That is, as if our brain is looking for shelter in illusions about another person, looking for your similarities, clinging to any signs of attention.

I'm 20 now, but I still wear these glasses sometimes. The main thing to remember is that they usually break the glass inside.

Sometimes when I THINK BACK[/b] I regret something and wonder what I could change. At the same time I am REMINISCING ABOUT[/b] the past and I understand that past decisions have led me to what I have now. Naturally, like many people, at times MOURN my last opportunities.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Вторник, 20.06.2023, 10:46

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 16:04 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник

When I look back, I recollect happy moments of being a child. When my siblings and me were little we used to spend a lot of time together - we played football and basketball, we watched movies together. More than that, we even learned English and Greek together, we played the piano in four hands. If I think back and I remember how we spent evenings together in a family circle, we listened to somebody reading the Gospel or reading some book.

Unfortunately, I AM OUT OF TOUCH WITH my classmates. Photographs TAKE ME BACK TO joyful events. They REMIND ME OF that moments, of how we HAD GREAT TIMES.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 16:37

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 01.05.2023, 19:48 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Do you ever think ‘I wonder what became of …?’ When this happens, who or what do you think about?

At school I genuinely thought that this friendship would outlive everything and last until the end of time. But as time went on, I realized that this was probably not going to happen. I often find myself REMINISCING ABOUT my school years. And I am very NOSTALGIC for the carefree tenth year, when the only problem was curfew.

I had three best friends at school then, all of them boys. I guess I inherited my friendship with boys from my mother. I even chatted with her once about how it was easier to be friends with boys than with girls, primarily because there was often constant competition in friendships with girls. We still keep in touch with them, but of course we don't have the same regular communication that we had five years ago. But with the majority of my classmates I don't KEEP IN TOUCH. I rarely, but still wonder WHAT BECAME OF my classmates, what they are up to now. However, I don't think beyond that. And I don't BLAME myself, since I have a nice social circle in which I feel comfortable, I don't feel a lack of communication, and those who are close to me are always around. When I meet my classmates, I am easy to talk to them, but I don't have a particular passion for socializing. I'm glad we went to school together and spent time as friends, but I'm in a different stage of life now, and I consider it absolutely normal that with many of my classmates our communication has come to naught.

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 02.05.2023, 11:28 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

When I look back on my childhood, three things immediately come to mind - books, my sister, and the sea. My passion for reading was evident from the beginning, I often climbed into bed with a flashlight to read extra pages of fairy tales or children's stories. And when I was given The Lord of the Rings trilogy, I went crazy.
All my thoughts were in that universe. All the games with my sister were all about The Lord of the Rings.

My sister is a year and a half younger than me and that small difference made us best friends for years. I can't imagine my childhood without this person, because almost all the time we were together. Together we built huts in the country houses, ran in the yards and listened to a bedtime story in the evening.

And trips to the sea. These are very bright and warm memories. My family went away from home almost every summer. We would come to the southern parts of our country, enjoy the bright sun and salty water, my parents cooked special local food, and my sister and I tried to understand the local accent of the old men. Every time I think of something carefree, I think of the vast blue sea and my sister by my side.

-----------
A VAGUE MEMORY flashed before his eyes. He remembered that he HAD SOME GREAT TIMES in his life. But he had no time for  NOSTALGIA.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 16:41

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 15.05.2023, 20:42 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник

When looking back on my childhood I have a vague memory of an always hilariously happy girl in rose-coloured spectacles, always desiring to be with people, be heard, be seen, be loved and do something interesting and funny together with other children.

I look back and see the dancing class in the Art House of my native town, where we, so little and so funny, were diligently doing all the pas, plié, demi-plié and etc. I reminisce about the hours in art school where I and the other children were drawing different pots, fruits, and one another.

I feel nostalgia about the hours spent with my favourite books and stories, and about the conversation with my most loved teachers. Now these years seem to be so far, but, however, all the memories are coming back to me now, when thinking back of my childhood.

--
I look at the photo of my school years and they take me back to these years. The events of these years are coming back to me now. Unfortunately, I am out of touch with my classmates. What has become of Kate and Matthew? I don't know exactly. I should write them, probably...

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 12:55

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 16.05.2023, 12:54 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
Are you nostalgic about anything?

Truth be told, I think back quite often. I enjoy reflecting on what has happened to me. I can’t say that’s beneficial for me as I may lament the passing of time and people and mourn my lost opportunities. That kind of looking back is “sweet”, though, at least it feels so. I tend to be nostalgic and to look at the past through rose-tinted spectacles. I can’t stay realistic about my past, for the more I think back the more delightful emotions and events I’ve experienced seem to be. "Nostalgia for the present." I love these lines of Voznesensky. I remember thinking about these words in July; recently they came to mind again. Then I was in a boat in the middle of the Volga, surrounded by my beloved ones, watching the sun rise and singing. I know it sounds cloying, but in fact it's only sweet. It was difficult not to experience a slight melancholy then — fragile present was slipping through my fingers, and I felt that with each new song we sang.

------------------------------------------
She THOUGHT BACK too often, MOURNED her lost opportunities and LAMENTED those GREAT TIMES she had. She was always REMINISCING ABOUT her youth but actually was absolutely OUT OF TOUCH with her university friends, nobody heard ANYTHING OF her.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 15:54

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 27.05.2023, 20:31 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
I often LOOK BACK and get NOSTALGIC for my childhood. When I come to the country house, it TAKES ME BACK TO the wonderful summer days when we used to play and walk around for days on end. But unfortunately my memory is not very good and these REMINISCENCES of my childhood are VAGUE.

sensualpie111Дата: Воскресенье, 03.09.2023, 23:42 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I do have nostalgic memories of my childhood spent in the countryside with my grandparents. Those summers were filled with simple pleasures like picking fresh fruit from their garden, running through fields, and listening to their stories under the starry night sky. It was a time of innocence and connection with nature that I cherish dearly and look back to often.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 06.09.2023, 13:07

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 77 Reminiscences and regrets
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024