Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 016 Work

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 13:49
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 016 Work - Страница 2 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 016 Work
Unit 016 Work
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 08.09.2021, 21:41 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
1. Think of a memorable character from a book / a film who is a representative of one of the following jobs: director ;  executive ; administrator ; skilled worker ; unskilled worker ; receptionist ; public relations officer ; union representative ; researcher ; supervisor. Name the character and the source. Then briefly describe the character. In what mode is he/she portrayed? Does it reflect a stereotype or contradict it?

2. Would you like to acquire a trade in addition to your future profession? Why / why not? If yes, what would it be?

3. Is it easy to find work in your hometown? If you are offered a job somewhere else, would you consider moving?

4. If you are in tutoring, is it hard to make a living?

5. If you were asked to prepare a highschool student for the State Exam in English, would you take it on?

6. Would you ever consider doing shiftwork?

7. Would you prefer to be on flexi-time or to work nine-to-five? Why?

8. Has any person you know been fired or made redundant recently? How did they cope with it? Have they been able to find a new job? Are they in a better or a worse position than before?

9. Has anyone you know taken early retirement? What was the reason? Have they regretted it?

10.  Have you ever applied for a job? How would you describe the experience?

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 12.10.2023, 10:58 | Сообщение # 16
Майор
9. Has anyone you know taken early retirement? What was the reason? Have they regretted it?

To be honest, I don’t know many people in who would retire early if the job suits them.  In general, I have many questions about pensions in our country.  But the first question is how to leave your job if you had been working for decades? A person is usually formed during University and the first years of work. These are usually the hardest years, which involve hard work and sleepless nights. Then, usually, according to statistics, people start a family while combining this with work, and someone else does also do a PhD.  So, until you get old, you know the 5/2 schedule, 8 hours a day, and eternal worries about your family. As children get older, they become independent, work gets boring and there is no rush.  But how can you stop and be left to your own not two days a week but seven?  This is how life can become meaningless.

Therefore, if you retire early, then you should have something that makes you passionate, hobby or, for instance, charity. Because from my point of view, devoting your whole life to work, you can lose your meaning in life. Nevertheless if you want to retire early you should have thought about it from the beginning of your career and to safe save money to be able not to ask for food on the streets, because government doesn’t pay enough.

Добавлено (16.12.2023, 03:49)
---------------------------------------------
My friend worked ON FLEXI-TIME, when she was OFFERED WORK  as a DESIGNER, she was still studying in Uni so didn't have time to WORK NINE-TO-FIVE. When she finished graduated from the Uni, she APPLIED FOR ANOTHER JOB as ADMINISTRATOR and being a WORKAHOLIC she WAS PROMOTED one month after receiving an offer.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 19.12.2023, 18:21

lisaswan001Дата: Воскресенье, 17.12.2023, 16:31 | Сообщение # 17
Лейтенант
7. Would you prefer to be on flexi-time or to work nine-to-five? Why?

I believe that there are advantages and disadvantages in both working schedules and every person has to decide for himself.

As for me, I would rather choose a flexi-time job. I am quite a creative person and it's hard to fit into certain frameworks, they limit my creativity and therefore lead to burnouts.

It is worth mentioning that there are a lot of people who have dreamed of working in an office with a fixed schedule all their lives. For some, such a schedule helps to concentrate and establish their routine. Many lack the motivation to discipline themselves and choose a nine-to-five job.

Добавлено (17.12.2023, 16:53)
---------------------------------------------
The SKILLED WORKER reported to the SUPERVISOR, who oversaw the production process. The DIRECTOR of the company was responsible for ensuring that all workers were doing their jobs efficiently. The skilled worker was grateful for the opportunity to make a living doing SHIFTWORK, but unfortunately, he was FIRED due to DOWNSIZING. Now he is considering what he will DO FOR A LIVING next.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 17.12.2023, 16:54

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 016 Work
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024