Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 344


Это форум для студентов вуза.
Участие сторонних пользователей
не предусмотрено.



Учиться
и не размышлять –
напрасно терять время,
размышлять
и не учиться –
губительно.

(Кун Фу-цзы, «Лунь юй»)

Суббота, 10.10.2026, 08:10
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 344 - Форум


[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
  • 1
Quote 344
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 30.09.2026, 17:38 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-лейтенант
Группа: Администраторы
Сообщений: 682
Репутация: 2
Статус: Offline
For us Christians, especially those who have now witnessed such unequivocally terrible fruits of these imaginary freedoms, it should be clear that the salvation, happiness and well-being of humanity lies not in dissipation nor in unrestrained passions, but in the search for true freedom— Christian freedom, which is in the deliverance of man's soul from the sin which torments it.

Archbishop Averky (Taushev)
 
runovasveta2005Дата: Вторник, 06.10.2026, 01:11 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
Группа: Пользователи
Сообщений: 116
Репутация: 0
Статус: Offline
I totally agree with this thought. Indeed, people often understand freedom as the absence of limitations, including moral ones. But the paradox is that when we make ourselves "free" from these limitations, we become slaves of our passions and bad inclinations that hurt us morally and, sometimes, even physically.

I don't think the problem is in freedom itself, because freedom is a great gift given to us by God. The problem is that we cannot use this freedom in the right way because of our fallen nature and – let's be honest – because of our unwillingness to fight against our passions and sins. Well, even the apostle Paul says: "For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing" (Romans 7:19).

And for me, true human freedom consists of the ability to resist sins in this imperfect world full of temptations. But achieving this state is very difficult and not everyone is able to do it.


Сообщение отредактировал runovasveta2005 - Вторник, 06.10.2026, 01:18
 
  • Страница 1 из 1
  • 1
Поиск:


Copyright MyCorp © 2026