Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 295 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Quote 295
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 26.05.2024, 14:45 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-лейтенант
Статус: Offline
Compassion for others and sympathy for their failings will bring the heart closer to the heart of God than any form of judging.

St. Hesychius the Presbyter

abalakinan27Дата: Воскресенье, 26.05.2024, 18:58 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I absolutely go along with the quote. As Christ the Saviour came down from Heaven not to condemn people but to bring Light to them: "For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world". Lord also said: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged". Of course, it's easier to fall into condemnation than resist the temptation, feel compassion and express sympathy. But we should brace ourselves and take example from Christ. He was surrounded by publicans, sinners and fornicators. He didn't despise them. That's why we should love and accept everybody and begin to see our own sins. Our world would become better if only everyone assimilates the idea that "I'm the chief of all sinners."

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 19:09

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 29.05.2024, 19:59 | Сообщение # 3
Генерал-майор
Indeed, it is compassion that God always shows to people. No matter how sinful, selfish or proud we are.

It may seem that we don’t need any compassion at all, that we are strong and independent. However, I believe that deep inside all people without any exception are sensitive. We all were babies, we all were extremely vulnerable, our mothers took care of us, and now we also are babies, our Father is God, we can’t do without His compassion.

There’s always somebody who can judge us when we make a mistake but not always do we have a person who can support us and reassure that everything will be alright, who can sympathise with our griefs. Those people who are able to have compassion act as if they were God’s hands that are always a consolation for all people who need it.

That’s why I absolutely agree with St. Hesychius’s thought.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 12:14

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 02.06.2024, 22:45 | Сообщение # 4
Генерал-майор
I do agree. Christian charity should become a distinctive feature of a believer. The Bible teaches us to show mercy and compassion to others, just as Good day to us. [?]  In Luke 6:36, Jesus instructs, "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."
Instead of condemning others, we are called to extend grace and understanding. Matthew 7:1-2 reminds us, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged." Therefore, cultivating compassion and sympathy align our hearts with God's love and defend our connection with Him. And by showing aggression and condemnation, even if our anger is righteous, we are moving away from God.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 21:46

veronikachernykh15Дата: Суббота, 08.06.2024, 20:39 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
One cannot disagree with this. I sincerely believe that this is the very example that Christ showed us throughout his life. Forgiveness, love for all people are primary for a Christian. But sometimes we may wonder how I can express love for those who are cruel to people, for those who are absolutely evil. Personally, in such cases I choose not to show true emotions, although this is probably wrong. First of all, I am not trying to change a person, to express my point of view to him, but to fight with my thoughts, forcing myself not to get angry or annoyed.

Humility and the attempt to put oneself in the place of another, is an achievement of a Christian, which is given by hard work. When I read the Gospel and see an example of the goodness of Jesus Christ, I feel like the most evil person.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 08.06.2024, 20:40

sodrozdovaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 10:38 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
I believe this quotation is about the similarities between us and God. God is absolute love that spreads to everyone who wants to receive it. As human beings, we too have to love those around us. Compassion is a form of love for others. We must understand that everyone has their own story, challenges, and worries. By being more open and friendly, we help God spread His grace to all.

lisaswan001Дата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 16:00 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I absolutely agree with the words of St Hesychius. God is love. And what is love? The Apostle Paul describes it in the First Letter to the Corinthians. He says that "love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil...". In these words he emphasises that love cannot exist together with pride. Only in compassion and empathy can true love be born. And when a person truly loves, he comes closer to the Lord, because God is love. I think this is what St Hesychius is saying, he is calling us to be humble and to love one another as our Lord loves us.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 16:03

lolosipovanikaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 21:22 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
My spiritual father always explains to me that most of our sins happen because of a sin called "judging". When a human starts judging, it's almost impossible to stop it. You judge and judge, becoming angrier and angrier. And this way, you start committing one sin after another.

However, I believe that we should judge a sin, not a person, because we are all sinners. Nevertheless, let's love each other and remember the following words: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Пятница, 21.06.2024, 09:19

dawa2311Дата: Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 21:52 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
Compassion for the others and sympathy for their failings will bring the heart closer to the heart of God than any form of judging. I agree with this statement. We can't judge anyone because we don't know everything about other people's life. Sometimes, it may turn out that we don't know what would we do in this or that situation.  That's why judging is difficult to us. 

Besides, we should always remember that the Christ is a main judge, and He never judges. He doesn't judge the woman who was brought to Him by the high priests, although she was a sinner.  He doesn't judge the samaritan woman, although she had sins too. God knew these women were sinners but He never judged them. The question is if the main judge of the world doesn't judge people but loves them, why should we do it? 
      Another thing to mention is that we should remember the words from the Gospel: (Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye. Luke, 6:41).  It may be caught in the same sin as other people.

Дарья Ткачёва

• Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024