Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 293 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Quote 293
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 27.04.2024, 19:09 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-лейтенант
Статус: Offline
We must have self-denial. Self-denial will bring transformation, tears, humility; it will bring everything. God can't help but fill that soul with His grace. When we don't have grace, we don't struggle, and we immediately say improper things, talk back, get angry, shout and make gestures, and have inappropriate sadness at the slightest thing.

Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 01.05.2024, 13:40 | Сообщение # 2
Генерал-майор
Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou) suggests that a true Christian must have self-denial. The following passage from the Holy Gospel correlates with her idea: “…Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me” (Mark 8:34). The question is what “denying oneself” means. Let’s compare these lines with the Gospel in Basic English: “If any man has the desire to come after me, let him give up all other desires, and take up his cross and come after me”. So, “denying oneself” can be used in the meaning of “giving up all other desires” in the sense of putting aside our own ego when our neighbour needs help.

Indeed, we want to be with the Lord, to follow Him. But if so, we should open our heart for Him. And if we are selfish, our heart is filled with our own desires and there’s no place for God.

The second important thought in this quote is that without God’s grace we can do nothing. That’s true because we are like branches of the vine, and only if we abide in Christ, we can bring fruit. (John 15:5).

To conclude, I fully agree with Gerondissa Makrina, with the way she interestingly connects self-denial and bearing fruit of virtue.

dawa2311Дата: Четверг, 02.05.2024, 13:36 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
We must have self-denial. Self denial will bring transformation, tears, humility; it will bring everything. God can't help but fill that soul with His grace. When we don't have grace, we don't struggle,and we immediately say improper things, talk back, get angry, shout and make gestures and have inappropriate sadness at the slightest things.

That's what is said by Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou). I partly agree with that issue. I'll try to explain why.

On the one hand, very few people can achieve self-denial. I suppose only saint holy people can achieve it. We are lay people. We are all sinners. We are always proud .  We put ourselves above the circumstances and above the people around us. As a result, when something goes wrong ( not the way we wanted), it is hard for us to put up with something, we get angry and we can't have self-denial. What's more, we are  too connected  to other people. This fact makes total self-denying almost impossible.

On the other hand, Gerondissa Makrina is right. We must have self-denial to become closer, or a little closer to God. And more humble to prove to ourselves and, probably, even to God that we are true Christians. So, sometimes, God sends us some circumstances that we may learn self-denying at least a little bit.

To sum up, I would like to say that, although self-denying is very difficult thing, in my opinion, we should  at least  strive for this.

Дарья Ткачёва

Сообщение отредактировал dawa2311 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 11:37

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 27.05.2024, 12:31 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I see exactly what Gerondissa Makrina meant.
Christ said: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me". He was a true embodiment of the way a Christian should live. Only denying ourselves we will be able to overcome our selfishness. When we are full of ourselves we can't strive for becoming better that's why it's impossible for God to fill the human heart with His grace. There's is no room for it.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 19:07

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 02.06.2024, 23:37 | Сообщение # 5
Генерал-майор
I do agree. We need to be a vessel for God's grace. If we are stained with minor sins as a vessel, it is, of course, unpleasant, but the Lord covers them with grace. However, pride is much worse. This is not a stain on the vessel, but a plug that does not allow a drop of grace to enter. Therefore, self-denial is the only way to knock the plug of pride out of the vessel of our soul. In Luke 9:23, Jesus says, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." This self-denial leads to humility and a deeper reliance on God's grace.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

veronikachernykh15Дата: Суббота, 08.06.2024, 20:15 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
I would like to agree with the quote based on my experience. It seems to me that I experience the grace of God when I visit a church, go on pilgrimage to monasteries, communicate with people who set high goals for themselves, do something that causes me difficulties and requires a lot of effort. During such periods of my life, I notice that I become kinder and calmer.

But if I get carried away with business and in a hurry forget about God, it immediately affects my inner peace and my relationships with other people. I become irritable, anxious, and seek pleasure in superficial things. I am very upset that I still have not been able to find a balance between the two states, but I believe that perseverance will help me overcome weakness one day.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 15:18

sodrozdovaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 10:18 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I fully agree with this quotation. There is an opinion that through tears, we wash away our sins. If we were more self-analyzing, we would cry all the time. Indeed, God cannot act through a person who only deals with minor problems and can easily fall into a bad mood for no reason. We need to strive to get rid of the dirt that comes from evil. God can help us fight any difficulties, but only with our active participation and a strong desire.

lisaswan001Дата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 15:10 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
I surely agree with Gerondissa Makrina. Self-denial is one of the most important truths that Christ preached in the Gospel. Without humility, the life of a Christian is impossible. A proud, self-loving, vain person will never be able to touch the grace of God. There are even words in the Bible: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble". Indeed, only a humble person can open his heart to God.

We must put aside thoughts of ourselves and try to live for others, to sacrifice ourselves for the sake of loving our neighbour. Love is impossible without self-denial, because if a person thinks only about himself, there will be no place in his heart for the one he loves.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 15:11

lolosipovanikaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 20:45 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
In my opinion, self-denial can be a very useful thing. As we know, all saints were self-denying. They were ready to die for the other people, for God, and for their faith. They didn't think about how it would hurt them, they always thought about others. Saints were calm and strong at the same time, they had no time for self-pity or complaints about their lives. And we also need to have that grace in our hearts, have self-denial, and be ready to die for the sake of Christ.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Пятница, 21.06.2024, 09:25

• Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024