Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 292 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Quote 292
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 19.04.2024, 17:51 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-лейтенант
Статус: Offline
The Holy Fathers say that there are only four things we may think about during prayer. We are not exactly to think of them but to bear them in mind. These are death, the Judgment, heaven, and hell.

Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica

dawa2311Дата: Среда, 24.04.2024, 22:04 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
The holy fathers say there are  only four things we may think about during prayer. We are not exactly  to think of them but to bear them in mind.  These are death, the Judgement, heaven and hell.

This is the assertion of the elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitonica. I agree with it and I'll try to explain why.

In some of my essays I mentioned that prayer is a dialog with God. I want to return to this idea again. If  prayer is a dialog with God, it means God can hear us. He exists in reality and  is present everywhere, especially, where there are people who love Him.

Consequently, we are standing right in front of the Lord while praying. The same will be at the Last Judgement. We will stand right in front of the throne of the Lord. Everyone will see our unrepentant sins. I think we will feel very  ashamed.  Everyone of us will know that we deserve punishment. We deserve staying in a place where shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  ( Matthew, 22:13). Moreover, we also should remember that we don't know our death hour. So, we must pray as if it is for the last time  (before  death) because we don't know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh ( Matthew, 25:13).  As we don't deserve the present gift God prepared for us (heaven), we should hope that we will have a chance at least to look at it.

In conclusion, I can say that thinking about heaven, Judgement, hell and death is truly important, because these things are waiting for us in the future but for God past, present and future do not exist, God is always here and now, and our eternal life shall be here and now. We  should, probably, not only remember that, even feel that while praying.

Дарья Ткачёва

Сообщение отредактировал dawa2311 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 18:07

tsumskaa30Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 10:42 | Сообщение # 3
Генерал-майор
I definitely agree with this statement. Of course, we should always make an effort to get rid of idle thoughts during prayer. Thus, bearing in mind death, the Judgement and hell will help us to realise all the dreadfulness of our sins and to repent as one of the key purposes of prayer is repentance. At the same time, thoughts about heaven will definitely guard us from falling into despondency and give us hope.

Nevertheless, some spiritual fathers advise us to talk to God about everything that is vital for us, even about our earthly concerns and everyday problems.

Therefore, I agree with the Holy Fathers that when we say our morning and evening prayers, for example, we should concentrate on them but in the end we can appeal to the Lord personally and talk to Him with our own words discussing those matters that worry us.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 12:11

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 27.05.2024, 12:52 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I can't agree more with Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica. We are prone to idle talk even while praying. Our mind is always ready to be in class waters. It digresses from the core of a prayer all the time. We are ready to lose our concentration easily. That's why bearing in mind these four things might be beneficial for our soul. We should lose our earthly cares and worries while praying and let God deal with them: "Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall not suffer the just to waver for ever" (Psalm 54:23).

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 02.06.2024, 23:26 | Сообщение # 5
Генерал-майор
I almost completely agree with the author: the focusing on death, the Judgment, heaven, and hell during prayer is significant. The Bible supports this contemplative approach to foster a sober and earnest faith. Ecclesiastes 7:2 states, "It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart." Reflecting on death and Judgment  encourages us to strive for holiness and avoid sin. Thrust, Thus, bearing these in mind during prayer deepens our spiritual awareness.

And yet, what about our joy about the risen Christ? Shouldn't this be in our mind above the fear of death and condemnation? I believe that a Christian should still be more happy than afraid.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 21:08

veronikachernykh15Дата: Суббота, 08.06.2024, 20:00 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
Of course I agree with the statement. The memory of eternal life or eternal torment should accompany a Christian in all the actions that he or she does.  If we are talking about prayer, then to overcome distraction, fear of judgment, or pure happiness before Paradise, can help us to pray with all our heart and mind.

sodrozdovaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 10:03 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I don't want to add much to this quote, but I believe that we should always think about these things. It's important to remember that our actions have consequences and we are responsible for them. So, let's pray more and always remember that nobody knows when the end will come.

lisaswan001Дата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 12:13 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
I completely agree with the author of the quote, these words are very true. Prayer is a way of communicating with God and it should be treated with special attention, reverence and caution. The author suggests four important things to remember when praying.

It is extremely necessary to think about death. No one knows when the end of his life will come, so we should always live as if we were going to die tomorrow. It is necessary to act in such a way that there is no shame in dying.

It is also important to remember the Last Judgment. The Lord will judge us by our deeds. He will condemn each person to either eternal bliss in heaven or eternal torment in hell. Therefore, during prayer one must think about heaven and hell. Thinking about God's judgement, heaven and hell, we should try to do as many good deeds as possible and not sin.

lolosipovanikaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 14:37 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I agree that while praying, we should think not about secular things, but about eternal ones. But that doesn't mean that we can't pray for our earthly things, asking for help. In my opinion, thoughts about heaven and eternal love motivate more than thoughts about death and hell, but it depends on the person. Sometimes we forget what our Christian aim is and why we are praying. And it's sad, so we should remember four main things motioned by the Holy Fathers.

• Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024