Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 291 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Quote 291
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 13.04.2024, 13:10 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-лейтенант
Статус: Offline
And so, it is clear that without zeal a Christian is a poor Christian. He is drowsy, feeble, lifeless, neither hot nor cold—and this kind of life is not life at all. Knowing this, let us strive to manifest ourselves as true zealots of good deeds, so that we might truly be pleasing to God, having neither stain nor spot, nor any of these things.

St. Theophan the Recluse, bishop of Tambov

dawa2311Дата: Среда, 17.04.2024, 15:21 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
And so, it is clear that without zeal a Christian is a poor Christian. He is drowsy, feeble, lifeless, neither hot nor cold - and this kind of life is not life at all. Knowing this let us strive to manifest ourselves as true zealots of goods deeds, so that we might truely be pleasing to God, having neither stain, nor spot nor any of these things.

This is the statement of St. Theophan the Recluse. I agree with this issue and I'll try to prove it.

Obviously, we shouldn't  commit sins to avoid going to hell. When we don't do bad things in is good, but also we need to do good things to demonstrate to God that we love Him. We have to show it by helping others, taking care about the poor and the sick people and so on.  If we don't do this, we may hear the words: "I never knew you. Away from me  evildoers... ( Matthew, 7: 23 ). For I was hungry, and you gave no food, I was thirsty , and you gave me nothing to drink, I was sick and in prison, and you did not visit Me..."( Matthew, 25).

It means that we should show to God that we truly love Him and we are not telling a lie when saying we are Christians. We should always remember the words from the Gospel: "Not everyone who says to Me lord, lord will enter the kindom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven." ( Matthew, 7:21). If we  behave according to  these words we will be real Christians.

Дарья Ткачёва

Сообщение отредактировал dawa2311 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 18:01

tsumskaa30Дата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 18:43 | Сообщение # 3
Генерал-майор
Being a religious zealot may sound negative in some context. However, St. Theophan the Recluse is sure that a Christian must necessarily have zeal and live actively.

Thus, if we attend church regularly, give alms and so on but do not have this zeal, we are like “…sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal” (1 Cor. 13:1).

Indeed, indifference is the worst quality for a Christian. For Jesus Christ told us to “…love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind” (Mth. 22:37). The only thing that our Saviour waits from us is our heart, our full devotion to Him.

This state can also be compared to the family life. So, we say that a couple is happily married when they love each other, trying to do everything to please one another. On the contrary, if a husband and a wife are not interested in each other but just live together being officially registered, we doubt their happiness.

The same is with our relations with God. If we truly love Him, it is evident that we will do our best not to move away from Him due to our sins. And our fervent zeal shows that we truly want to be with our God.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Понедельник, 10.06.2024, 12:10

amasaltsevaДата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 00:00 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
In Revelation 3:15-16 it is said: “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth”. You can’t be “warm” when it comes to your faith, indeed, as St. Theophan the Recluse writes, “without zeal a Christian is a poor Christian”. Love can’t grow from indifference, and without Love there is no faith. The “zeal” may be produced by good deeds as an act of active faith, though, I suggest that’s not the only way to show your inner strength, enthusiasm, passion and care, which is to be "hot".

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 20:21 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
I really like this quote from St. Theophan the Recluse, bishop of Tambov. After all, without zeal in any area of ​​life, a person becomes like an amoeba. I have always admired people who had zeal for the faith, whether they were saints, missionaries, or simply parishioners of our temple. I especially like those people who use their zeal to help others in their search for faith. Indeed, in this way, new people gain the opportunity to be saved, and helpers are strengthened in their faith. I myself have worked as a volunteer in an Orthodox children's camp and in a Sunday school at a church, but I believe that I still lack zeal and diligence in matters of faith.

Para Julia

abalakinan27Дата: Понедельник, 27.05.2024, 13:36 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I suppose that zealousness is a crucial quality of every Christian. It's pivotal to do our best during our earthly life because God will ask everyone on the Day of Judgment according to the abilities of each man. This phrase reminded me the "Parable of the Talents". Whether one is given one talent or ten they should make them more as they won't be able to justify our laziness: "For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away" (Matthew 25:14-30).

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 02.06.2024, 23:20 | Сообщение # 7
Генерал-майор
I agree: zeal is essential for a vibrant Christian life. Romans 12:11 also instructs, "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."

Zeal is necessary in every business in which we want to be successful. If we are making great efforts, say, to become philologists, then why don't we start making efforts to become Christians?

True zeal for good deeds, as St. Theophan suggests, ensures that we live a life pleasing to God, striving to be without strain or blemish in His sight.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

veronikachernykh15Дата: Суббота, 08.06.2024, 19:47 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
This expression resonates with me, I agree with St. Theophan the Recluse, as I have experienced it on my own. Especially the words that without diligence a person is "neither hot nor cold". Indeed, if you do not make efforts, do not have any goals, then life becomes meaningless, and a person becomes boring and uninteresting. In a Christian life without trials, without the desire to learn new things, faith in God weakens.

I have observed this phenomenon firsthand, when I was doing monotonous work. That's why I value studying a lot more now than I did before this experience. For me, the lack of challenges and any difficulties can lead to feelings of apathy and disengagement.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 19.06.2024, 19:38

sodrozdovaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 09:59 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I agree with the statement. In my view, doing something means living, and if you are a Christian, there are many more tasks to face. We not only have to act, but we also have to grow as saints. We must keep our minds clear and not be distracted, analyse our mistakes, and confess them.

We also have to face different struggles that come from the outside world. If we do not do this, we will lose our passion to become better, and we will lose hope for salvation. Because, if you want to achieve anything, you must work on it with humility and determination.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Воскресенье, 23.06.2024, 15:33

lisaswan001Дата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 12:07 | Сообщение # 10
Подполковник
Being a Christian requires not just zeal, but a titanic effort. There is an infinite number of temptations in our world, and everyone around you is trying to tempt you into sin through deception. Fighting temptation is incredibly difficult. It requires special strength, will, courage, confidence and faith. There are many stories where even the strongest of us have been tempted and fallen into sin. It is almost impossible to resist sin, but St. Theophan urges us to fight sin, do good deeds and pray to God. In life you must always be on your guard because the enemy can sneak up on you at any moment.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Четверг, 20.06.2024, 22:52

lolosipovanikaДата: Воскресенье, 09.06.2024, 14:19 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I find zeal to be a good thing. In all of my interests, I have zeal: skateboarding, drawing, swimming. When I talk about these things with friends, my eyes burn. And with the faith should be the same situation. When you are a true Christian, you can die for the sake of Christ, because you have zeal and hope. When you are true zealots of good deeds, you feel the power of your faith and love of God. And that's one of the best feelings ever.

• Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024