не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 09:13
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 290 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 290 (Archbishop Averky Taushev)
Quote 290
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 06.04.2024, 15:31 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
It follows that a distracted person cannot in any way be depended upon: he is an unreliable, unfaithful, light-minded person. He is inclined to let down, be unfaithful to or betray even those people by whom he is considered a close friend.

Archbishop Averky (Taushev)

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 08.04.2024, 18:27 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Unfortunately it wasn’t very easy to answer that question, because after having read the quotation I understood that it is said about me. Quite often I am light-minded and don’t do my duties as I had to do should, I understand that it is my weakness, but I need to ask God to help me and try change myself.
«He who is true in a little, is true in much; he who is false in small things, is false in great.» (Luke 16:10)

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 23:34

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 15.04.2024, 22:51 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I totally agree with these words. I used to be very absent-minded, and my parents often told me that I couldn't be relied on. But since I became a group chief and started working I became much more responsible, and sometimes I feel that my responsibility may annoy people around me, but as for me, it is better to redo something than to undo it.

marichernaya911Дата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 00:28 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
What does "distraction" means? I find this word very just and at the same time very capacious, as it contains (maybe for me personally it has such connotations) many shades of emotional, spiritual and physical condition.

I see destracted a distracted person as feeling lost of exactness one who has lost the sense of their own values, clear vision of the future, who is frustrated, irritated, often also physically tired or even ill. That condition of mind and body may be the reason for them being unfaithful, betraying, as said archbishop Averky said. Destracted A distracted person is unable to think and act properly because of his state of mind and soul, because of, finally, some suffering he or she bears. I see our duty as Christians in helping such a person, to show them our love and kindness. We should love the soul of that person despite of his words and actions.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 23:43

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 25.04.2024, 23:49 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Truth be told, I can’t respond with an absolute agreement. The words of Archbishop Averky may be found quite hurtful. It seems so as they somehow (from my point of view) foresee future actions of a distracted person. According to the Archbishop, the one who is light-minded (which may not be that person’s fault) is precondemned to be the one who would definitely let you down, betray you and be unfaithful. However, I’ve always believed we need to give other people chances to get better, or, at least, don’t not to judge them before they’ve done something wrong (and even after, we should be gentle enough to love, not judge).

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 23:45

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 14:34 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I guess I can't quite agree with that thought. Distracted does not always mean bad or unreliable. This may be a feature of the human brain, character, upbringing, and the person himself may suffer greatly from this. Therefore, it is definitely not necessary to reject or condemn such people. They should be helped and shown patience and love.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 23:47

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 18:49 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I do not entirely agree with the statement of Archbishop Averky (Taushev) and there are several reasons for this. Firstly, we must distinguish between irresponsible people and absent-minded people. I agree that irresponsible people can be as the quote says. However, it is often not the fault of absent-minded people that they are like this. Medical researchers say that disorders or differences in brain function (such as ADHD) can cause a person to become absent-minded and distracted. I can say that I am an absent-minded person, but this fact brings more problems to me than to others, since absent-mindedness does not affect my life ideals and moral values ​​that I adhere to. If I forget an important meeting or to help someone I've promised, I would appreciate a reminder, understanding, and tolerance. I will never let anyone down on purpose, using the excuse of absent-mindedness.

Para Julia

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 23:43 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
These words reminded me of the parable of the father and his two sons, when he asked them to do something, one replies: “Yes father, of course I will do it” and did nothing. Such a son is unreliable, he will only talk and do nothing. The second son kept silent and did not answer his father, did not make promises, but simply took and fulfilled his requests. Let us be careful what we promise and whether we keep our promises.

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 01.05.2024, 13:36 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
To comment on this quote of archbishop Averk I looked up in Oxford Dictionary, what a “distracted” person means. Here is the definition: “unable to pay attention to somebody/something because you are worried or thinking about something else”. I suppose that in the religious sense we can understand it this way: a distracted person doesn’t pay enough attention towards his spiritual life because he is constantly absorbed in earthly cares, in his own interests.

For example, a distracted person can’t concentrate on prayer, he thinks his own thoughts. Obviously, in this case his “prayer” is nothing. Moreover, in this sence light-mindedness leads to disastrous consequences. Thus, if a person behaves so during prayer, he/she can insult God with his/her idle words. Archimandrite John (Krestyankin) in his book “The experience of building a confession” writes that reading prayers with carelessness is sinful.

Therefore, such a distracted person can rightly be called unreliable and unfaithful because his words are just empty.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Среда, 01.05.2024, 13:36

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 290 (Archbishop Averky Taushev)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024