Quote 287 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Quote 287
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 08.03.2024, 16:41 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-лейтенант
Статус: Offline
Do you know what communication with God means? Communicating all day long with God is an awesome thing! Just begin speaking with God and do not let go of His name. How do you think of your mother, your father, or some dear person? What does a betrothed girl do? She is captivated by thinking of her betrothed all day long. She sits and knits and remembers him. So, should we not remember Christ, our betrothed?

Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 11.03.2024, 17:58 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Saint Theophan the Recluse writes that we should constantly keep in mind and feelings that
- God is everywhere, and He sees everything,
- We can’t do anything successfully without His help.

We entrust our life’s to God, to His great mercy. I think that remembrance of God fills our hearts with peace and joy. Then we are not afraid of anything, but divine love and serenity overflow our hearts.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 11.03.2024, 18:27

veronikachernykh15Дата: Понедельник, 11.03.2024, 23:21 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
Father Seraphim of Sarov said: “It is necessary to train oneself in such a way that the mind, as it were, floats in the law of the Lord, which, guided by it, should arrange one's life.”

Indeed, thoughts about God and the memory of Him are the result of love and the fear of God. The result of reading the Gospel, going to church and acquisition of the Holy Spirit. Love is God, and love is a work that takes years to achieve. That's why I disagree with the quote. The memory of God is incomparable with thoughts of a betrothed while knitting.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 19.06.2024, 19:36

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 10:57 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I really like the comparison to a betrothed girl in these words. Sometimes I find myself forgetting about God. It probably happens to every person, because we are all sinners, because we are surrounded by many things that have nothing to do with God, but I always blame myself for this and try to thank God for everything that I have in my life.

marichernaya911Дата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 16:38 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
St. Paisius of the Holy Mount said that distraction in prayer means lack of love to God. I find it truthful. When you love a person, you can't think about anything else except for him. The same is with prayer: when you really love Christ, you always have Him and His precious name and remembrance of His mercies in your mind, His image in your heart. That is what grants you grace and peace. That is - communication with God.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Среда, 08.05.2024, 11:06

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 25.04.2024, 00:45 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits” (Psalm 103)

Unceasing prayer and remembrance of God is not that easy. Sometimes we have to be reminded that we should “think about the things of heaven, not of the earth”. Routine, daily vanity leaves no room for reflection and fruitful thought.

I like the “strategy” Gerondissa Makrina offers. Indeed, why can’t we integrate the inner continuous dialogue with God or think of Love He brings us as a bride dreams of the meeting with the groom?

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Суббота, 11.05.2024, 12:34

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 17:52 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
This quote refers to the idea of constant communication with God and urges us not to forget about Him. The author compares this communication with God with communication with a loved one, reminding us how we often think about our loved ones and strive to be with them. In this context, the author emphasizes the importance of constantly remembering Christ as our bridegroom, and appeals to constant devotion and attention to Him. This quote encourages us to maintain constant communion with God and be faithful to Christ, just as we are faithful and love our loved ones.

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 19:46 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
I really like the idea expressed in this quote by Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou). For a truly religious person, communication with God, that is, prayer, is really like communicating with a person who is very important to you. Such people consciously and thoughtfully pray and try to remember God throughout the day, which makes them truly happy. Once I was with my grandmother in a convent in the mountains and met a nun there who seemed to glow from within with how well she felt. It seems to me that it is saints and monks who can fully experience the beauty of constant communication with God. I sometimes remember this and try to do the same at least a little, but I lack concentration and will, which often frustrates me.

Para Julia

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 23:32 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
Remembering God should and can be done in more than just daily prayer. Friends, don't forget the Jesus Prayer, it is a very important and powerful prayer! I, for example, also turn to God when I cannot decide what is the right thing to do, when I am in doubt about something, I ask Him to give me intelligence and guidance. This conversation-prayer gives me a sense of confidence that everything happens from God and according to his will, that everything that happens is good for us.

tsumskaa30Дата: Четверг, 09.05.2024, 12:02 | Сообщение # 10
Генерал-майор
To my mind, Gerondissa Makrina found really bright examples in order to describe our communication with God. Indeed, if we love our parents, husband/wife, children, we take care of them and think about them every now and then. The same is with our interests. If we are enthusiastic about a new idea connected to our work, it lingers in our mind, we can’t get rid of it. Before an important meeting we can’t get asleep because our thoughts can’t be stopped.

Therefore, if people are really excited about anything, they continue thinking about it all day long. The following question arises: can we call ourselves Christians and true believers if we recall God only during our morning and evening prayers?

St. Apostle Paul wrote: “Pray without ceasing” (Thes. 5:17). Remember that God is near, every minute, every second. Furthermore, thinking about the Lord unceasingly would prevent us from falling into a sin.

To conclude, Gerondissa Makrina’s quote made me rethink the importance of bearing in mind that God is always near, ready to keep the conversation.

sodrozdovaДата: Суббота, 01.06.2024, 14:12 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
I really like this quote because it is the first time I have heard someone talk about daily conversations with God. These comparisons to people's relationships make this quote even clearer and easier to understand.

Indeed, I believe that we should always talk to God throughout the day. That is how we can feel that He is always helping us overcome challenges and achieve our goals. We should also learn to say "thank you" to Him, because He is always there and ready to help us through any difficulties.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 01.06.2024, 14:12

abalakinan27Дата: Воскресенье, 02.06.2024, 19:58 | Сообщение # 12
Полковник
This thought sounds awe-inspiring; I really love it. It highlights the importance of always bearing God in your heart, as all saints did. It's crucially important for us, Christians. The results of all-day-long communication might be fruitful. Being in communion with God enhances our love for Him and reduces our willingness to commit sins. Because if we truly love someone, how can we make them feel pain or suffer?

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 02.06.2024, 22:32 | Сообщение # 13
Генерал-майор
Indeed, we should always remember Christ, our betrothed. Constant communication with God is an important practice. The Bible encourages us to "pray unceasingly" (1 Thessalonians 5:17), emphasizing the importance of maintaining a constant dialogue with God.

Communicating with God automatically and indifferently is unacceptable. In John 15:4, Jesus says: "Abide in Me, and I in you." This constancy means a deep, ongoing connection, akin to a person's continuous focus on a loved one. This love and tenderness are above the love between relatives.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

lolosipovanikaДата: Суббота, 08.06.2024, 13:40 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
I find this thought very beautiful. For every human God must be the most important thing. We should love our Lord more than our parents, kids and lovers. So why do we spend the biggest part of our time with people, not God? We are laity, poor family humans, and have a lot of material things to do and think about. But there are monks, and their duty is to spend the most time with God. So our main goal is to remember about God, our soul and at the same time, deal with our earthly work. We should combine them both, stay kind and everything will be alright.

lisaswan001Дата: Суббота, 08.06.2024, 15:31 | Сообщение # 15
Подполковник
I couldn't agree more with this quote from Gerondissa Makrina. Last year I was in a monastery in Greece and I had the opportunity to see the truest prayer. The nuns were praying to God without stopping while they were doing their daily chores: cleaning, cooking or picking flowers. It was not a complicated prayer, but a very simple one: "Lord, have mercy". They repeated it throughout the day - some to themselves, some out loud. Their prayer never stopped, and neither did their relationship with God.

This example was a very special lesson for me and now serves as a daily reminder of the importance of always remembering Christ and praying for His forgiveness and help.

• Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024