Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 73 Complaining and protesting

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 05:30
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 73 Complaining and protesting - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 73 Complaining and protesting
Unit 73 Complaining and protesting
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 04.12.2023, 13:08 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Have you ever had to write a complaint in the review book (at a restaurant, cafe, library, or another public place which has one)?
---
Think of an event that you had high expectations for due to good reviews, friend recommendations, etc., but ended up not at all satisfied with the experience you got.
---
Do you know anyone who likes to constantly gripe about minor inconveniences? If you had to have this person as a roommate for a full year, how would you deal with that?
---
Is there something that you are sick of, but that an average person would find okay? Or, on the contrary, is there something that you don't mind, but that an average person would object to?

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 05.12.2023, 17:15 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
She wanted to REMONSTRATE WITH me about the course paper. She said that she made an exception to look my work through instead of OBJECTION TO look it after deadline. She said it was UNACCEPTABLE AND SHAMEFUL.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 13:17

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 14:35 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH my results in German. And since the exam is coming up, I'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT it. But I'm having a hard time pulling myself together and learning grammar, so I'm GRUMPY at myself.

tsvioletta17Дата: Четверг, 07.12.2023, 01:25 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник
Do you know anyone who likes to constantly gripe about minor inconveniences? If you had to have this person as a roommate for a full year, how would you deal with that?

I AM SICK OF people complaining about life all the time. Come on, CHEER UP!  Take it and fix the situation if YOU ARE FED UP with your problems. THIS IS SHAMEFUL to GROUSE ABOUT everything!

Since childhood, I have been a positive child and rarely lost heart. I could understand if I really didn't want to do something. But after bouts of whining, I got to work. I wouldn't be able to keep people who whine all the time close. Аbsolutely any situation has its advantages. I have a roommate and I'm glad she's not one of those weaklings either. When she or I feel bad, we can come to each other's room, complain about life, support each other and move on.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 07.12.2023, 16:49

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Четверг, 07.12.2023, 16:56 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

I often COMPLAIN about things myself. Sometimes jokingly, sometimes seriously. I think you have to try to figure out what the problem is that you're MOANING about. If you realise you can solve a problem, put some effort into it. I rarely GRUMBLE, and if it happens, it is most often for two reasons: firstly, German grammar, and secondly, when my things are taken without permission. I think it would be hard for me to live for a year with someone who constantly WHINGES and complains. But I think if I had to live like that, I'd probably wear headphones all the time or buy earplugs. There is another option - I would only come to our room to sleep and spend the rest of the time somewhere else.

Certainly, at first I would try to help the person to understand the problem and cope with it, I would listen to him/her. But if it was constant WHINING about some small things, I would say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" and have a serious talk with the person about the fact that his complaining disturbs not only me, but also the person themselves.

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 07.12.2023, 20:40 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Sometimes we all feel not at all satisfied with our life. And when we find ourselves in that state, something has to be done with it as soon as possible! This is just not on! We must say to ourselves: “Enough is enough!”. The thing that is most unsatisfactory here is that in this state of complaining we see only negative side of life and prefer to protest, to object to opportunities and events in our life without trying to understand them.

However, this is simply unacceptable. Life is finally full of gifts, so we are to learn to see what to be grateful to.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 23:59

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 73 Complaining and protesting
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024