Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 72 Permission: getting the go-ahead

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 06:29
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 72 Permission: getting the go-ahead - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 72 Permission: getting the go-ahead
Unit 72 Permission: getting the go-ahead
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 26.11.2023, 18:56 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Tell about a situation when you had to accede to someone’s demands despite not really wanting to.
-
Have you ever been to a building where only authorised people are allowed to enter (excluding our university)? What measures were employed there to prevent unauthorised access?
-
If you were to become President tomorrow, would there be something currently legal that you’d want to outlaw? Or maybe something currently illegal that you’d want to allow?
-
Think of a project or a movement that, in your opinion, deserves endorsement and support from the city administration. Explain your choice.
-
Are there any buildings/construction projects in your local area that were recently greenlit? Do you agree with the decision to build them or would you rather give the go-ahead for something else?

yarovaya02Дата: Четверг, 30.11.2023, 16:35 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Have you ever been to a building where only authorised people are allowed to enter (excluding our university)? What measures were employed there to prevent unauthorised access?

Today I have been to the Russian Government Library. Only those who is are registered and has have a special card is are authorized to enter the library.

Moreover there are measures to prevent unauthorised access, such a check post and security.

Good friends will CONDONE each other's faults. The government has GIVEN THE GO - AHEAD go-ahead FOR the new park. [not a dash but a hyphen is needed]

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 11.02.2024, 12:56

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 30.11.2023, 16:46 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
The proposal of his was finally assented to, that made him feel as if he was on cloud nine.

It was Prime Minister who tried to clamp down on the activity of the party.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 11.02.2024, 12:58

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Четверг, 30.11.2023, 17:02 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
He had a strong desire to OUTLAW the controversial practice. But he had to ACQUIESCE to the committee's decision.

Добавлено (30.11.2023, 17:09)
---------------------------------------------
Think of a project or a movement that, in your opinion, deserves endorsement and support from the city administration. Explain your choice.

I live in Zamoskvorechye and in 2023 this area turned green. On the embankments, in addition to benches where you can relax, there are now trees. I find it beautiful and beneficial. I suggest, that by endorsing the urban gardening initiative, the city administration can contribute to environmental sustainability, as the cultivation of green spaces improves air quality.

Also, supporting the urban gardening project offers residents an opportunity to engage in healthy outdoor activities. When you live in the city, you may sometimes want to go to the countryside and stay there among the pine trees, breathing fresh air. Therefore, when I see some green areas in the city, my soul rejoices.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Четверг, 30.11.2023, 17:10

sasavasl15Дата: Четверг, 07.12.2023, 12:35 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Tell about a situation when you had to accede to someone’s demands despite not really wanting to.

I have a younger sister, and when we were kids, she was very good at making me do something for her. She asked me to help with homework, or lend her my clothes. I usually agreed to her demands, even if I didn't really want to.Once, when I was in the 11th grade, my sister woke me up at five in the morning and asked me to help her with an essay. I was then preparing for literature and often checked her work.
And here I am lying on the second floor of a bunk bed and through a dream I dictate to her her essay. I couldn't refuse her, because when she asks me for something, she makes sad eyes. We still remember this situation and laugh.

------------------------------------------------
Apparently, they are endorsing a new bill for economic reform. Some people might not countenance it, while others may condone it. I just hope it gets enough assent from the rest of Parliament to pass.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 11.02.2024, 13:03

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 72 Permission: getting the go-ahead
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024