Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 68 Spot the difference: making comparisons

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 22:38
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 68 Spot the difference: making comparisons - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 68 Spot the difference: making comparisons
Unit 68 Spot the difference: making comparisons
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 18.11.2023, 20:52 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Is there any writer or poet you feel an affinity with? Why?

Give example of an artist whose work, in your opinion, is akin to the work of some other artist. Provide illustrations.

Use an analogy to describe some significant phenomenon or event.

Find a piece of writing about something you know well (e.g. about the humanities, our university, Russia) which does not correspond to the truth.

Finish the sentence: "It's a mistake to equate... with..." Develop on the subject.

What words / actions / behaviour would you consider to be tantamount to faithlessness in a relationship / to treason in wartime?

Name characters in fiction or cinema who are interchangeable / indistinguishable from one another. What is their artistic purpose?

Why do you think all the words with the semantics of difference in section B start with di- ?

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Среда, 22.11.2023, 22:32 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник

I feel an AFFINITY with Brodsky's poetry. To be more precise, my emotionality is AKIN TO the emotional expression of his feelings. One of my favourite poems of his is the "Romance of the Violinist". This poem says that one should learn not to lose the forces of life, even with lost love and harsh blows of life. It's positive enough, I like it. "So as to live on, screaming in despair!" - "Живите только, плача и крича!" In these lines we precisely see the poet's main point, crying out to live on, no matter what. This line gives me hope because I realise that whatever difficulties I face, it will all pass. You can cry, but the main thing is to live, to fight against all the hardships that stand in your way. In general, each of us regularly faces DIVERSE difficulties, but we should not forget that life is like a piano with white and black keys that create a certain melody. If you exclude the black keys, the melody will not be as rich and beautiful as it is with them. It is the same in life, hardships make us stronger and give us experience.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Среда, 22.11.2023, 22:33

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 23.11.2023, 11:03 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Is there any writer or poet you feel an affinity with?

I’m sure everyone has at least once felt an affinity with a poet, writer or even with an artist. Imagine that. You’re feeling done in, downtrodden, despondent. Suddenly, here it is, a beautiful poem or a painting which evokes a zest for life in you. How akin is it to your soul, how much joy and pleasure it brings, sheer delight! I know, the example is exaggerated, and suits but an impressive one, but still. The correspondence with your inner world brought by the author of whatever is a common feature. People from all walks of life enjoy reading the same poetry and may find themselves in full accord with the creator of that piece. But actually, we are not that much connected. One may say that’s mere nonsense! Indeed, we need something sobering. The lyrical character and the poet as a person are not the same, Rafael Alberti hasn't at all any affinity with me, but his poems do. It seems, there a key difference here.

---------------------
She thought there was a great, a true AFFINITY between them. However, she only deceived herself. His thoughts and feeling didn’t CORRESPOND TO hers - how could she miss that! Never mind. She just continued living in deception as she used to ("That's easier, isn't it? - she thought )

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 12.02.2024, 19:46

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Четверг, 23.11.2023, 17:18 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
What words / actions / behaviour would you consider to be tantamount to faithlessness in a relationship / to treason in wartime?

I consider that co-operation with the enemy is a betrayal AKIN TO making an alliance outside of loyalty to your country. In addition, the words that undermine national unity or spread disinformation in wartime can also be devastating. Unfortunately, this issue of disinformation is relevant to us nowadays. That's why we should only trust verified sources. And, of course, sabotaging military action or revealing classified information is a direct act of betrayal that endangers the security of the country.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Четверг, 23.11.2023, 17:19

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 28.11.2023, 14:00 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

I feel an affinity with St. Theophan the Recluse. I began reading his works and letters not so long ago, but his wise advice has already helped me a lot. I think that the patristic literature really directs people on the spiritual path. I am listening to «Что есть духовная жизнь и как на неё настроиться». Thorough it I find nourishment and strength.

We feel AFFINITY with each other. Our affection is AKIN to friendship. Our worldviews correspond to each other. We look alike, so one can’t DISTINGUISH us.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 20:41

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 68 Spot the difference: making comparisons
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024