Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 66 Speed: fast and slow

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 09:34
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 66 Speed: fast and slow - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 66 Speed: fast and slow
Unit 66 Speed: fast and slow
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 05.11.2023, 00:43 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Find several illustrations from fiction of the usage of words from the unit, with professional Russian translation. Select words you would like to learn how to use. You may use both Anglo-American and Russian fiction, with respective translations. 

Write a story or a poem using as many words from the unit as possible. Keep in mind illustrations of the words usage from the unit.

marichernaya911Дата: Среда, 08.11.2023, 09:36 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Write a story or a poem using as many words from the unit as possible. Keep in mind illustrations of the words usage from the unit.

After a long way through the late-evening city center, Jenny and I finally came flying into a dark vestibule of the Cinema. We nipped to the wardrobe (as we were late) and then darted to an usher - an old woman who seemed to make an attempt to bolt when she saw us racing to her through the cinema hall. She examined our tickets and then we plunged into the dark cinema room downstairs. We tottered as quietly as we could, creeping along the raws rows of viewers. Having found our places we finally plummeted into the armchairs.

--
Seeing the gray morning of November different people react differently: some easily plunge into despair because of that weather. Others' hearts soar every morning - both grey and sunny - because of the events and meetings that are going to happen. I am sure it is extremely important to have something everyday that will make you fly out of your bed happy and excisted excited despite the weather outside.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Суббота, 10.02.2024, 14:52

yarovaya02Дата: Среда, 08.11.2023, 23:14 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
«The wind in the willows»

THE Mole had been working very hard all the morning, spring-cleaning his little home. First with brooms, then with dusters; then on ladders and steps and chairs, with a brush and a pail of whitewash; till he had dust in his throat and eyes, and splashes of whitewash all over his black fur, and an aching back and weary arms. Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him, penetrating even his dark and lowly little house with its spirit of divine discontent and longing. It was small wonder, then, that he suddenly flung down his brush on the floor, said, "Bother!" and "O blow!" and also "Hang spring-cleaning!" and bolted out of the house without even waiting to put on his coat. Something up above was calling him imperiously, and he made for the steep little tunnel which answered in his case to the gravelled carriage-drive owned by animals whose residences are nearer to the sun and air. So he scraped and scratched and scrabbled and scrooged, and then he scrooged again and scrabbled and scratched and scraped, working busily with his little paws and muttering to himself, "Up we go! Up we go!" till at last, pop! his snout came out into the sunlight and he found himself rolling in the warm grass of a great meadow.

Все утро Крот трудился как вол, занимаясь весенней уборкой: семенил по стремянкам, ступенькам и полкам — сначала с веником и тряпками, потом с кистью и ведром известки до тех пор, пока вся грязь, весь сор и почти вся известка не облепили его атласную шкурку. А весна дышала и сверху, и снизу, и вокруг него: в воздухе и в земле, наполняя томительным ароматом даже его тусклое жилище. Удивительно ли, что, в конце концов, Крот швырнул ведро на пол и, воскликнув: «Пропади все пропадом!» — стрелой вылетел из дома. Оттуда, сверху, что-то повелительно звало его, и он устремился вверх по крутому тоннелю, который в его случае соответствовал подъездным аллеям в имениях более зажиточных животных. И вот он греб, скреб, рвал и метал, а потом снова метал, и рвал, и скреб, и греб, без устали работая лапами и урча, и, наконец, — бэмс! — его рыльце показалось над землей, и Крот забарахтался в теплой луговой траве.

Переводчики: Михаил Давидович Яснов, Алла Николаевская, Ирина Петровна Токмакова, А. Колотов, Леонид Львович Яхнин, А. Ельков

The tiger DASHES, RACES, DARTS, BOLTS, almost CAREERS. The tortoise CRAWLS, CREEPS.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Четверг, 09.11.2023, 16:30

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 18.11.2023, 22:34 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I CRAWLED quietly into the living room, where the decorated Christmas tree stood. I CREPT from corner to corner so that I wouldn't be seen. Once in the living room, I settled down on the blanket I had prepared in advance, on which I was going to spend the night, and as soon as I would hear Santa Claus' footsteps, I would open one eye and make sure that it was he who put the presents under the tree, not my parents, as my older brother had told me with a chuckle. I lurked on the blanket, and then suddenly I heard my mum's voice from the kitchen: "Where's Ulyana?"  I leapt up and DASHED to the study, so my mother wouldn't see me.

Добавлено (18.11.2023, 22:35)
---------------------------------------------
1 A car WHIZZED past me, pelting me with mud from head to toe. 2 After that, I looked like I had just PLUNGED into a puddle. 3 But I didn't care, I wanted to catch the train, so I just RACED on, without watching my step.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Суббота, 18.11.2023, 22:35

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 66 Speed: fast and slow
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024