Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 42 International politics

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 06:48
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 42 International politics - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 42 International politics
Unit 42 International politics
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 22.10.2023, 23:14 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Do you think nations will get better at respecting each other? Why (not)?

Give examples of delicate subjects in the international politics today. Why are they delicate?

Have you ever been a delegate? Who delegated you?

Is it customary in your milieu to take a gift if you visit someone’s house?

Is Russian society integrated, in your opinion?

Today the world is a better place for humanity than it was a hundred years ago. Do you agree? Try to prove / disprove this statement. (Consider conquering poverty, disease, illiteracy, gender inequality and other social ills, as well as the side effects of these achievements.)

Do you think friendly relations can ever be re-established between Russia and the US / the UK / Canada / Australia / New Zealand? Are there any implications of the present rift for our profession?

Do you know any instance of disagreements between countries being resolved through negotiations?

Do you think Russia's military intervention in Ukraine was justified?

Have you ever been a part of a movement? If yes, what was its slogan and activities?

Have you ever gone on a march? Demonstrated your solidarity with a cause in any other way? What did it feel like?

yarovaya02Дата: Среда, 25.10.2023, 11:45 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Is Russian society integrated, in your opinion?

Russia is a country of various nations, different languages and diverse cultures. But despite all those differences our country, I think, is not fragmented, but integrated. There is something that unites the Russians, something that maintains our country, helping it to resist sinful ideas that are carrying away the world, especially western countries. Russia still exists, because it is one. In my opinion, the unity of the government depends on whether people living in the country are spiritually united, whether they move in one direction, whether people still value such things as family, religion and faith. I think that condition of the state directly depends on the condition of people’s souls. If people are spiritually healthy, then they try to live prudent, righteous lives, acting and working.
But if they are doing vice versa, then the state will be separated in itself.

CUSTOMARY goals that developing countries pursue are CONQUERING poverty and ILLITERACY. We should not UNDERTAKE this UNDENIABLY DELICATE matter. The DELEGATES RECOGNIZE its value and complexity.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 15:53

tsvioletta17Дата: Четверг, 26.10.2023, 01:48 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
Do you think friendly relations can ever be established between Russia and the US / the UK / Canada / Australia / New Zealand? Are there any implications of the present rift for our profession?

Truth be told I try not to be involved in politics. Probably this position is wrong, especially in our time, but political topics drive me into fear and depression.

Obviously, I'm for world peace, but I know that I can't influence it myself in any way. I fervently hope that I will get the best time when we can safely travel abroad and not be afraid. The time when Russians will be loved, and not bombarded with new sanctions. As it seems to me, however, the Russians have not left the same active learning of English. I wouldn't like to change my direction at all, because my love for English is strong.

I chose this topic because it seems the most non-political:) I find it very nice when guests come with a gift. it doesn't have to be a gorgeous gift, it's cool to bring some tasty treats for tea too! When I go to visit my relatives, I don't do without it. In general, I believe it is a wonderful tradition and it should be revived, yes, I would like to revive it and come even to friends with some small surprises.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 17:52

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Четверг, 26.10.2023, 13:54 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

Being invited to visit is a special moment when hosts open their homes and hearts to welcome their friends and family. At this moment, showing attention and respect to the hosts, as well as cultured and polite behaviour, plays an important role. One of the main aspects of politeness when visiting friends or relatives is bringing a gift or an edible treat, and this has a deep meaning that should be considered.

Firstly, bringing a gift or an edible treat when visiting is a sign of gratitude and respect for your hosts. It shows that you appreciate their hospitality and are willing to contribute to the overall enjoyment of the encounter. I think that such small signs of attention UPHOLD human relations, make them kinder and better.

Secondly, a gift or a treat demonstrates your consideration and care. When choosing a gift or meal, you take into account the tastes and preferences of your hosts, which shows that you care about making the meeting enjoyable and special for them. This strengthens the bond and creates positive memories of the visit.

Moreover, as I believe, the cost of the gift is not important. More important is the gesture itself and the care you put into choosing and providing the gift. To conclude, by coming to visit NOT empty-handed, you are expressing your gratitude, care and respect for your hosts, which helps to strengthen relationships and create a warm and pleasant atmosphere during the visit.

So in my MILIEU, as in my family for example, it is usual to go to visit with some kind of gift. I really like to bring croissants and oranges, they are my favourites. I believe, that if you carefully choose a gift to the host, whom you go to visit, you can win her/his heart, or at least a smile.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Среда, 24.04.2024, 22:13

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 26.10.2023, 14:37 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

I think that it is a trait of Russian character to bring a gift or something like that when you visit a house of anybody. Usually people take something like a good packet of tea or coffee, a box of good chocolate candy, a cake, or even, together with something from the above, a bunch of flowers.

I don't know anybody who won't do that. So I am pretty sure that this custom is deeply ingrained in Russian society everywhere. I suppose it is a trait of national character. Russian character is generous and even, generally speaking, prone to self-sacrifice. Russian people, as I feel, are always glad to do something for other people. Especially Christians, as it is one of the commandments, to share with your close ones. So, when a person invites you and hosts you as a guest, he or she shares their time and place with you, serves you, treats you and talks to you. Being welcomed and hosted that way, anybody undeniably would like to offer something in return for that hospitality and love. That is why we always bring gifts when visiting someone's house.

--
Nowadays many charity funds are established. They pursue aims of conquering poverty, disease, help those who have no money for getting education to get it, to decrease the level of illiteracy. Many rich people - actors, writers, businessmen - uphold such organisations and donate money for them to help people.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 00:30

amasaltsevaДата: Воскресенье, 05.11.2023, 21:37 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Truth be told, the issue seems complex, quite provocative and ambiguous. On the one hand, I agree with Ann’s idea of Russian society being integrated. I would add that mentality (if it exists at all) or, at least, what we call cultural background is what unites us, too. Curious it is how simply can we recognise each other in the crowd of foreigners. What is this? Spiritual union, as Ann wrote?

Are we integrated through our religion? It would be wonderful, if so - however, the word “would” was used here purposely: is it justifiable, for instance, not to take our Muslim Dagestan into account? Obviously, the republic is a part of our country. That is the simplest and trivial argument, but still it holds. Another point is that modern people tend to be non-religious, and Russia is not an exception. We are lucky to live in our small Orthodox community, which, unfortunately, can’t be used as the pattern.

What is more, the society, today or in any other century, can’t be absolutely united. Egor Letov’s slogan is “I will always be against”. Absolute unity between humans seems utopian on this Earth. And the politics is the most vivid example here. Government’s policy is not about things and beliefs that already exist. It is always about what is wanted or needed at this or that moment. Unfortunately, we are witnessing how diverse positions are splitting our society. At this point we are not integrated, we may only seem to be so.

--------------------------------------------

I am wondering if the UN has ESTABLISHED FRIENDLY RELATIONS between countries and has succeeded in keeping peace through the word, or at least PURSUED this. However, this organization indeed has played a vital role in the INTERNATIONAL POLITICS since its FOUNDATION, since 1945, when it had been CONSTITUTED, to be exact. For instance, it is supporting some countries in CONQUERING poverty and disease.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 12.02.2024, 19:43

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 18.11.2023, 23:05 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
1 Ireland has a unique cultural HERITAGE. 2 Ireland, with its rich history, JUSTIFIES its place as a country where the modern and the traditional harmonise. 3 The country proudly adheres to its SLOGAN "Erin go Bragh" (Ireland forever), which symbolises the unwavering pursuit of freedom and independence.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Суббота, 18.11.2023, 23:06

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 42 International politics
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024