Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 18 Home styles, lifestyles

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 23:55
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 18 Home styles, lifestyles - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 18 Home styles, lifestyles
Unit 18 Home styles, lifestyles
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 17.09.2023, 12:55 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Have you ever been to a squat or a hovel. If yes, describe what you saw. 

Absolute majority of urban population in the USSR lived in high-rise social housing. Do you know people who still do?

Have you ever been to a penthouse or a granny flat? If yes, describe what you saw. 

What are household words in your house?

Have you ever been offered anything on the house?

Who usually tells you home truths? How do you take it? What was the last home truth you were told? Has it hit home?

Write an essay for this title: "If you think Pererva is nothing to write home about, think again".  

Do you usually find it easy to make yourself at home in strange or unfamiliar places? 

Would you prefer to lead a sheltered life or life in the fast lane? 

When did you last have the time of your life?

What do you think might let you get a new lease of life?

Do you know anyone who breathed new life into something? 

Is there anything that is a matter of life and death for you?

Have you ever taken your life in your hands?

yarovaya02Дата: Пятница, 22.09.2023, 16:52 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Pererva is a lot of to write home about - there are a lot of things to see, firstly there are a lot of beautiful churches here, secondly there are parks with the river, where people can wonderfully spend time, thirdly Ilovayskaya Street is a very quiet place - when I am on this territory I feel like it is separated from the rest of this large city. Did you know that in the mornings birds sing their songs especially beautifully and tenderly? Did you know that in the evenings dawns are especially bright, colorful and just incomparable? If you didn’t, then come here!

Добавлено (22.09.2023, 16:57)
---------------------------------------------
If you GET A NEW LEASE OF LIFE, you will HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE, and your LIFE will be IN THE FAST LANE.

A HOUSEHOLD NAME in their house is "love and kindness". That’s why all the family GET ON LIKE HOUSE ON FIRE.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 20:29

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 26.09.2023, 23:49 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
When did you last have the time of your life?

I recently turned a year older, I turned 21! I don't really enjoy birthdays, I didn't until this time. This year I managed to spend time with all my loved ones. I'm used to planning everything, but on this day I didn't feel like making any plans. I was congratulated very warmly by my colleagues, in the morning I was congratulated by my beloved parents and of course they were congratulated and thanked by me. In the afternoon I had a surprise meeting with my buddies and received gifts, it happens rarely and it's so nice, actually!

In the evening we met my best friend for coffee. She gave me a birthday cake with a candle, and I blew out the candles many times that day! The day was incredibly eventful and I felt like everything was going right. I felt needed and loved. It was the brightest day I've had in a while. After that emotion, I felt like I had a new lease of life!

1. I've been used to living LIFE IN THE FAST LANE.
2. When he moved to another city he had A DOG'S LIFE.
3. She shouldn't have behaved so rudely, these are the HOME TRUTHS!

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 17:44

sensualpie111Дата: Четверг, 28.09.2023, 15:13 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник
One of the greatest advantages of a sheltered life is the comfort it offers. These houses are typically furnished with care and attention, providing inhabitants with a cozy and welcoming atmosphere. It's easy to make yourself at home in such an environment, because it is providing a sense of peace. However, I think that the downside of a sheltered life is that it can sometimes become mundane. Some people can say about such lifestyle that there's nothing to write home about, it implies a lack of exciting experiences or achievements to share with others. I think that this can lead to a sense of stagnation.

As for the other side of the coin, life in the fast lane can be thrilling and dynamic. The fast lane life can occasionally resemble a squat or a hovel when individuals become so engrossed in their busy lives that they neglect their living conditions. Moreover, the constant bustle of a fast lifestyle can be draining. It may lead to exhaustion. I think that it can sometimes become a dog's life because you can forget about stability in your life.

As for me, I'd prefer to lead a sheltered life, because I love spending time at home, and fast lane life quickly exhausts me emotionally and physically.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 05.02.2024, 16:24

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Четверг, 28.09.2023, 16:14 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Would you prefer to lead a sheltered life or life in the fast lane?

It seems to me that it all depends on your state of mind and mood. Sometimes there is such a burst of energy and productivity that LIFE IN THE FAST LANE is exactly what you need, as it keeps you from slowing down.

However, on the other hand, I quite often want to go to my country house, where I will be surrounded only by my two dogs and pines. This is a really a great way to unload the brain, TO HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE, to get rid of the eternal race against time, to breathe fresh air, of which there is not much in the big city, to put it mildly.

So far the academic year has just begun and the fast pace is comfortable for me, it cheers me up, but I guess when the cold weather arrives and the session gets closer, the desire to hide in the woods will increase many times over.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 16:28

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 28.09.2023, 16:45 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
"If you think Pererva is nothing to write home about, think again".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That was the first idiom which came to my mind when I thought of the place where we study. Truth be told, I don’t like Pererva at all. Once a man in a truck asked me is that building - and he was pointing to our University - the industrial zone he was seeking. The buildings themselves are not a piece of art, as well as the surroundings. Curious it is, we are always making fun of that, however I would never let anyone else say something unpleasant about Pererva. That’s kind of Spanish philosophy of honour. You can’t underestimate whatever I like or own etc. Even though that object or subject can be criticized.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Spring evening, chestnut and poplar trees are blossoming pearl pink. I call it “my Italian corner”. The sun is setting, and branches cast ornate shadows on the walls. Peace and tenderness. That what I see here when I want to. It’s too simple to be poetic when being surrounded by poetic sights. We need to look, aiming to see, aiming to find beauty anywhere. Let your imagination run wild.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 12.02.2024, 19:37

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Четверг, 28.09.2023, 17:41 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
1 At the beginning of every academic year, I GET A NEW LEASE ON of LIFE, as I have a lot of energy and a huge desire to be productive. 2 On the first of September, I arrived at the university and experienced the joy that this place MAKES ME FEEL AT HOME. 3 I spend a lot of time at university and I am happy that my studying and spending time here is not A DOG'S LIFE.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 05.02.2024, 16:31

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 05.10.2023, 10:26 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
If you think Pererva is nothing to write home about, think again

For me Pererva is my own quiet bay, the island of peace, the place where I feel at home. I don't associate with "home" my room in the dormitory (as I already changed two rooms here) or the studying building or anything specific. But all this territory in general, with the bench under the chestnut tree, and the University building with the department room and offices where people I love work, and our small chapel of St. Tikhon, the patron saint of all of us studying and living here, and even the territory on the other side of the railway tracks, where the Nikolo-Perervinsky Monastery is located and where I have been spending my weekends for two years and a half already.

In some sense, I lead a sheltered life here: here I live, here I study, not far from here is my parish. Very rarely I go somewhere from here - mostly to Likhov or Kuznetzi or libraries. To tell the truth, I am glad to study and work right where I live. That is a merciful blessing for me.

Talking about the territory around Pererva I can't  fail to mention the Nikolo-Perervinsky Monastery - very old, beautiful and gracious place. This year it is 400 years since the first mention of the monastery in the annals, called by the name it has to this day (so it had existed even before). The Iversky Cathedral - that great white one with blue domes - built in 1904-1908, it was consecrated by Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev.

In the previous centuries the monastery was a favourite one of metropolitan Platon (Levshin). He said very comforting words, full of love not only for themonastery, but for all the territory around it:

"Pererva! Do not be afraid of your name, for God will not allow you to be interrupted! Praise the Providence that cares about you, and never stop perfecting yourself, go forward on the path that you have so successfully set foot on.*"

--
Making yourself at home is a problem for many people. This discomfort you feel when stay at someone's house is not a matter of life and death, and is very understandable. However, only when you make an effort to calm down and really make yourself at home, then you will have the time of your life, and all the conversations and activities will go better.

* Перерва! Не страшись своего наименования, ибо Бог не допустит тебе прерваться! Воздай хвалу Провидению, которое печется о тебе, и никогда не переставай совершенствоваться, идти вперед по тому пути, на который ты так успешно вступила. (Митрополит Платон (Левшин))

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 00:20

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 18 Home styles, lifestyles
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024